• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

Yeah, I made it clear to them that the organisation of this event was terrible. I've been going to Pokémon events for 11 years now, and before this one, all of them were organised excellently (Well, I couldn't go to the Regigigas due to all the events being too far up north).

The leaflets I have right in front of me that I picked up at the event are basically the same as that one, except they have no mention of the time at all; as it was in London, a city that never sleeps, and there was no mention of time, y'know...

Nintendo UK's handling of this tour has been diabolical to say the least. Obviously yeah, they were probably given strict instructions by Nintendo, but would they really have got killed that much if they just went into the backroom and turned it on for a mere ten (heck, even five) minutes?

Oh well...gotta get ready to go to Bedford, which, I quote from the Shaymin event; "Is a dump".
Had something similar happen to me at the Eon Ticket event, by the time I got out to it, the Game Station was still open but they weren't giving out any more Tickets. There at least they had forms you could fill out and send in to Nintendo with your games to have Eon Tickets put on them at Nintendo, and a similar scheme was mentioned for the Darkrai movie showing where the event stopped at 8am or so. For anyone that did miss out on the Celebi due to getting to whereever after 6pm and not having another chance to go to another day it may be worth phoning up Nintendo Customer Service to see if they'd do something similar for Celebi.

Re: UK Celebi event announced: Pokémon Black and White prelaunch event to be held at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8kQIEiSLy0&feature=feedu

Uh, in the interest of fairness, I thought I should post this...

The clever YouTube user "giancarloparimango11" is distributing Gamestop Celebi (OT "WIN2011") over Wi Fi. Here's what you need to do to get it. I can confirm that this worked for me, but don't make a mistake when following these instructions. This will work with any Gen IV game.
1) Turn on your DS. Select your Gen IV game from the menu. At the main menu, select "Nintendo Wi Fi Connection Settings".
2) Of the three displayed, select the connection you normally use.
3) Scroll down to "Auto Obtain DNS". Change to "No".
4) Scroll down to "Primary DNS". Select "Edit".
5) Enter these precise digits. 769717381. Your game will ad some spaces automatically.
6) It should look like this: _76._97.173._81 (The underscores represent empty boxes).
7) Select "OK" and "OK" when prompted.
8) Select "Save Settings". Press B until you are returned to the title screen.
9) Select "Continue". Make sure there are 6 Pokemon in your party, and an empty slot in your PC in the first box (named as "Box 1" unless you renamed it).
10) Proceed to the GTS in Goldenrod City or Jubilife City, depending on the game you're playing.
11) Talk to the attendant and proceed to the GTS as you normally would.
12) After it says "Checking GTS status..." you should recieve Celebi. Your game may get an error screen; do not panic, this is normal. If so, you will be returned to the title screen and then you will walk out of the GTS normally.
13) Check your PC. Celebi will be there. You may recieve as many Celebi as you want during the distribution. Repeat; THESE CELEBI ARE UNLIMITED.
14) After you have done getting all the Celebi you want, MAKE SURE you change "Auto Obtain DNS" back to "Yes".

Is this worthy of a Bulbanews article? It's a pretty big scandal, having legit Celebi handed out like hotcakes... Nintendo would not be happy.

The clever YouTube user "giancarloparimango11" is distributing Gamestop Celebi (OT "WIN2011") over Wi Fi.
The Gamestop Celebi (North American ones) aren't WIN2011, they're GAMESTP.

The Gamestop Celebi (North American ones) aren't WIN2011, they're GAMESTP.

No they're not actually, they got leaked early so Nintendo changed it to Win2011. I read it on Project Pokemon.

No they're not actually, they got leaked early so Nintendo changed it to Win2011. I read it on Project Pokemon.
That's quite interesting, I had guessed that they may have changed the distribution, so this would explain the changed dates...now I wonder what the implications are for using them in Black and White. Another user had previously reported that the beasts themselves are language locked and that an English beast wouldn't unlock Zoroark on a Japanese game. The leak was pretty early, so perhaps they could have gone through the trouble of programming that event to be different, either that or its just done as a hack-check for future tournaments.

Last edited:

That's quite interesting, I had guessed that they may have changed the distribution, so this would explain the changed dates...now I wonder what the implications are for using them in Black and White. Another user had previously reported that the beasts themselves are language locked and that an English beast wouldn't unlock Zoroark on a Japanese game. The leak was pretty early, so perhaps they could have gone through the trouble of programming that event to be different, either that or its just done as a hack-check for future tournaments.
I have a name T_T

But yeah, the Beast-Zoroark event is language locked, so I'd assume Celebi is (for Zorua at least; HGSS Giovanni isn't).

I'm so glad for once, the North American Celebi at Gamestop will last into the release day of Black and White!! That way, when I go to Gamestop to pick up my game on March 6th 2011, the day they come out, I will be able to get more Celebi still!!!!!

Im goin to the reading one with a friend... its gonna be quite intresting as its both our first time goin to an event.. and as i dont have wifi :thumbd: this would be our first battle with anyone outside my friend group.. anyone goin to the reading event, we wanna have a couple of multi-battles.

I am annoyed that Nintendo didn't plan a Wi-Fi Event for people with Wi-Fi enabled games like myself, shouldn't they cater to both?...

Just back from the Glasgow GAME event with 4 Celebi and I'm delighted.

The organisation if this event was disappointing to say the least. The Nintendo rep didn't show up till 2:15 despite the event being advertised from 9am. People had been waiting all day. I understand that some had given up and gone home. This was nothing to do with the store who were on the receiving end of some hacked off fans. I arrived at 2pm to be told it would be another 1/2hour, I was just lucky I had time to wait. The download actually went ahead at 2.15pm. At least the Nintendo Rep is now there so tomorrow should go smoothly for those who are going.

I am annoyed that Nintendo didn't plan a Wi-Fi Event for people with Wi-Fi enabled games like myself, shouldn't they cater to both?...

I agree, thats why we have to resort to cheating devices, not because we want to but because they force us

Nintendo dosent put everything over wi-fi. Im pretty sure they planned Celebi for In-store only. It wasnt wi-fi in japan, you had to see the movie and had to buy a movie ticket for the Crown Beasts, at least we get it for free

Just came back from UK. Hamleys event was quite organised. probably the only instore event my eyes will ever see though.

Everyone I live in the u.s., so I got all m13 events. If anyone can Pm me a safe, reliable, cloning glitch on ss I'll be happy to trade duplicates over wifi to anyone that wants them. Just Pm me with your friend code and the glitch, I'll try it out and pm you back. if you have any cloning glitches, I WANT THEM TO BE SAFE. DO NOT GIVE ME ONE THAT HARMS MY GAME IN ANY WAY

ok, IS AUSTRALIA GETTING CELEBI OR WHAT? It's only 9 days until Black and White's release here!

ok, IS AUSTRALIA GETTING CELEBI OR WHAT? It's only 9 days until Black and White's release here!

Probably not, as annoyed as I am..
AT LEAST I'VE HEARD ABOUT SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN AMERICA AND JAPAN.

Yeah, I highly doubt we'll get it now, or anytime soon. MAYBE after the Victini event...
-_-

Seriously, if I was a game designer, I'd deliberately not make events, or delay them badly in America just to let them feel the frustration..

i still think it's unfair...... do they even know how many pokemon fans live in south africa that will miss out on getting celebi... they should've made a wi-fi event aswell

i still think it's unfair...... do they even know how many pokemon fans live in south africa that will miss out on getting celebi... they should've made a wi-fi event aswell
Tell me 'bout it -,-"

But you can trade in the station and try to get what you want like me. There is always someone out there that is offerin' one of these Celebis ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8kQIEiSLy0&feature=feedu

Uh, in the interest of fairness, I thought I should post this...

The clever YouTube user "giancarloparimango11" is distributing Gamestop Celebi (OT "WIN2011") over Wi Fi. Here's what you need to do to get it. I can confirm that this worked for me, but don't make a mistake when following these instructions. This will work with any Gen IV game.
1) Turn on your DS. Select your Gen IV game from the menu. At the main menu, select "Nintendo Wi Fi Connection Settings".
2) Of the three displayed, select the connection you normally use.
3) Scroll down to "Auto Obtain DNS". Change to "No".
4) Scroll down to "Primary DNS". Select "Edit".
5) Enter these precise digits. 769717381. Your game will ad some spaces automatically.
6) It should look like this: _76._97.173._81 (The underscores represent empty boxes).
7) Select "OK" and "OK" when prompted.
8) Select "Save Settings". Press B until you are returned to the title screen.
9) Select "Continue". Make sure there are 6 Pokemon in your party, and an empty slot in your PC in the first box (named as "Box 1" unless you renamed it).
10) Proceed to the GTS in Goldenrod City or Jubilife City, depending on the game you're playing.
11) Talk to the attendant and proceed to the GTS as you normally would.
12) After it says "Checking GTS status..." you should recieve Celebi. Your game may get an error screen; do not panic, this is normal. If so, you will be returned to the title screen and then you will walk out of the GTS normally.
13) Check your PC. Celebi will be there. You may recieve as many Celebi as you want during the distribution. Repeat; THESE CELEBI ARE UNLIMITED.
14) After you have done getting all the Celebi you want, MAKE SURE you change "Auto Obtain DNS" back to "Yes".

Is this worthy of a Bulbanews article? It's a pretty big scandal, having legit Celebi handed out like hotcakes... Nintendo would not be happy.
Ummmm..... You know this ain't new <<; In my book event Pokemon obtained this way are HACKED. Some dude was offerin' 'em in the station a while ago, 'course he didn't know they were considered hacked at the time (did the right thing and let people know that they could do a trade back).

Last edited:

Tell me 'bout it -,-"

But you can trade in the station and try to get what you want like me. There is always someone out there that is offerin' one of these Celebis ;)

Ummmm..... You know this ain't new <<; In my book event Pokemon obtained this way are HACKED. Some dude was offerin' 'em in the station a while ago, 'course he didn't know they were considered hacked at the time (did the right thing and let people know that they could do a trade back).

You're actually either referring to MYSELF or the user ~A~.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom