• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unexplored Pokemon types

Reaction score
With every passing generation comes many new pokemon with unique typings and abilities, and this gen is no exception. They can have a great impact on the game and I think it's one of the things that people look forward to the most when there's a new generation of pokemon game coming out. Especially if you're into competitive battling. So what are some of the typings that you think we should get?

Something like Normal/Ghost would be interesting to see coming in the future.

I have always wanted to see a water fire or a fire grass Pokemon. An electric psychic is one I'd like to see as well

Water fire legendary is coming soon which I am excited to see. I really would like to see more dragon hybrids too like dragon/electric and dragon/grass.

i always wanted to see a Ghost/Psychic and now we are getting Hoopa
A Ghost/Psychic would be 4x weak to two types(Gost and Dark)
As far as I Know no legendary till now has been 4x weak to two types
For unexplored types though, I would love to see a Dragon/Fairy type Pokemon
It would kind of be like Ground/Electric(Immune to one of its types while weak to the other)
A Grass/Dragon type would be awesome as well
and it would commerate Dragon type being combined with each type weak to ice except itself(Dragon type has already been combined with Ground and flying types)
A crazy idea is cobining a type with itself like a Fire/Fire
All its weaknessess and resistances would double
so it would resist Fire, Grass, Fairy, Steel, Ice and Bug 4x
While it would be 4x weak to Ground, Rock and Water
But I think it is a super crazy idea that will never be explored :(

Fire/Fairy, Electric/Fighting, Fire/Grass, Electric/Poison and Ghost/Fairy are some I really want to see happen next. Bug/Fairy, Bug/Dragon, Grass/Dragon could end up being interesting too.

Some more "obvious" combinations like Bug/Dark and Fire/Poison feel like they should have been created by this point in the franchise tbh.

Electric/Fire, Poison/Psychic, Fairy/Ground, Electric/Fighting, Steel/Poison, Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Grass, etc...

So many awesome possibilities!

A Poison type legendary would be cool as well

This is making me psyched for gen VII already! *W*

Last edited:
Fire/Fairy, Electric/Fighting, Fire/Grass, Electric/Poison and Ghost/Fairy are some I really want to see happen next. Bug/Fairy, Bug/Dragon, Grass/Dragon could end up being interesting too.

Some more "obvious" combinations like Bug/Dark and Fire/Poison feel like they should have been created by this point in the franchise tbh.

I've been saying it for years, Pinsir should have been Bug/Dark and Weezing should have been Poison/Fire (or at least I think so). Also Ice/Fighting needs to happen

Last edited:
May I add a topic so we can expand this thread?

Explain how do you think it possible??

Most 'unexplored pokemon types' are type combination that kinda 'imposible' due nulifications effect to each other. *or overpower effect*

Sorry to suddenly become serious. I love this topic, and see possible way to make this more interesting. But explanation is optional.... I guess, since that not the core topic.

I will build my argument for Fire-Ice type.... but not now. I just in intense insomnia right now that make me feel I'm not fit enough to making stats argument. But I discuss this before with my friend and find out this is possible.

water/fire fire/grass fairy/dragon normal/ghost

One type combination I'd love to see is Dragon/Fighting. It'd be interesting to see what type of design they'd come up with for that.

Yes, please. That would be so awesome.

I have always wanted to see a Fire/Ice type.

I've always said that a Japanese Snow Monkey would fit the Fire/Ice-type perfectly.

SnowMonkey-collage.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom