• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vote to Befriend a Pokemon- who did you pick/who will you vote for.

I voted for Deoxys, because; 1. It's the only event pokemon I don't have in any game, and 2. It is one of the only event pokemon that has not been distributed recently. The most recent time was the Gamestop Deoxys, for Diamond and Pearl.

The reason I care so much about the first reason, is that I'm getting close to having a living pokedex. However, the Imposter Ditto is pretty cool too, so EVERYONE VOTE FOR EITHER THE IMPOSTER DITTO OR DEOXYS!!

EDIT: About breeding a DW Ditto.

1. If you use Ditto in breeding, any pokemon that hatch from an egg will never have a hidden ability. Even if You breed a Ditto with a Female pokemon that has a DW Ability, the offspring will never have a hidden ability.

2. Only females can pass down Hidden Abilities. A male-only or genderless pokemon family can never pass down a hidden ability.

3. Apparently, it is impossible for Ditto to breed with another Ditto.

So, Imposter Ditto cannot pass down Hidden Abilities to any pokemon.

Last edited:
I voted for Deoxys, because; 1. It's the only event pokemon I don't have in any game, and 2. It is one of the only event pokemon that has not been distributed recently. The most recent time was the Gamestop Deoxys, for Diamond and Pearl.
The most recent time Deoxys was distributed was by completing the event mission of Pokémon Ranger: Guardians Signs, Deoxys and the Odd Temple, in 2010 for Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and it can be completed multiple times but only one can be sent to each cartridge.

Mudkip! Because I mostly play pokemon white, and its not compatible with my internet, so i cant get it! And its soo adorable :3

The most recent time Deoxys was distributed was by completing the event mission of Pokémon Ranger: Guardians Signs, Deoxys and the Odd Temple, in 2010 for Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and it can be completed multiple times but only one can be sent to each cartridge.

I was referring to main series games.

I was referring to main series games.
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are main series games, you send the Deoxys from Pokémon Ranger:Guardian Signs, after completing the mission, to your main series game getting a Mystery Gift wonder card therefore being able to have a Deoxys in those main series games. It is a distribution like getting Mew from My Pokémon Ranch, Jirachi from Colosseum or Channel and Manaphy, Darkrai and Shaymin from the Ranger series games.

EDIT: There is also Celebi from the Japanese Colosseum which was given instead of the Jirachi distribution and Ho-oh from Colosseum and Lugia from XD which were otherwise event pokémon in generation III and before Heart Gold and Soul Silver (you didn't need them in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and I expect the generation III games to get a star on your trainer card for completing the National Pokédex).

Last edited:
Just wondering, but why do people want DW Ditto so badly? :/ I don't really see the appeal...

(I voted for Torchic, btw)

Just wondering, but why do people want DW Ditto so badly? :/ I don't really see the appeal...

(I voted for Torchic, btw)

As I said in the Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Link thread
many people are voting for Ditto for its Imposter ability which is like a better form of Illusion. The Bulbapedia page says
As soon as the user comes into battle, it Transforms into its opponent, copying the opponent's stats exactly, with the exception of HP. Imposter copies all stat changes on the target originating from moves and abilities such as Swords Dance and Intimidate, but not from items such as Choice Specs. Imposter will not Transform the user if the opponent is an Illusion or behind a Substitute.

Imposter does not copy its opponent's IVs but it does copy all EVs except for HP.
I have looked on youtube at a hacked Ditto with the Imposter ability and it actually isn't like the Illusion ability because you still see the Ditto but it transforms as soon as it's sent out.

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are main series games, you send the Deoxys from Pokémon Ranger:Guardian Signs, after completing the mission, to your main series getting a Mystery Gift wonder card therefore being able to have a Deoxys in those main series games. It is a distribution like getting Mew from My Pokémon Ranch, Jirachi from Colosseum or Channel and Manaphy, Darkrai and Shaymin from the Ranger series games.

Yes, but it requires Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Although that could still count depending on how you think about it. But the only other time it was released in America was the Gamestop one, however there could have been one in Emerald or another Gen III game.

Yeah, the appeal of Dream World Ditto is competitive-battling focused, so you may not want to pick it if that's not your thing.

Ditto sounds nice, and I am a bit of a competitive battler, but Lugia and Ho-Oh have nice Dream World abilities, I might vote for one of them instead...

Deoxys...because it is one of the only Pokes I have NEVER had a chance to get!

I'm kinda wishing I had voted for Deoxys... I think I lost mine when I restarted my Colosseum game. :/

Then again, if we get RSEmakes any time soon, a Deoxys event is bound to pop up at some point. :< I really don't know which Pokémon I want to win at this point...

Results came out today, and to no one's surprise, Arceus is on top. Ditto managed to end up in 2nd, but there's really no point in spreading the word for Ditto, since the young 'uns outnumber us by a vast majority.

Results came out today, and to no one's surprise, Arceus is on top. Ditto managed to end up in 2nd, but there's really no point in spreading the word for Ditto, since the young 'uns outnumber us by a vast majority.
We have found a glitch in the poll, which I think "the young 'uns" won't know, which allows us to vote multiple times so there is a point in voting for Ditto multiple times which I will be doing.

Last edited:
Arceus will also be released in some other way. The difference here is Ditto is the only Pokemon in the top ten that benefits from this.

pokemonpoll118.png

Quite disappointing about Ho-Oh and Lugia.

So for anyone voting for [insert legendary Pokemon here]:

Has it occurred to you that we have a trade forum? In Deoxys' case, its unlimited through Ranger.

Telepathy is usable in doubles, and Pressure probably is useless there; but Pressure is the better ability otherwise, being the usable ability in singles. (Otherwise, a DW Palkia won't have access to 4th Gen moves, and the ability isn't necessarily a good trade--why Gaara! why!)

I was actually torn between it and Torchic. I only chose it out of nostalgia and thinking of the odds of having a DW ability legend and knowing that someone may be nice enough to trade me a DW Torchic.

Spread the word anyways. Arceus shall not win!!

... Could you describe the glitch. Someone already said it, but I couldn't get it to work. Some more details would be nice. Seriously, Ditto must win.

It's nice to see that Deoxys is at least 4th.

If you read this post and haven't voted, VOTE FOR DITTO! Anything else isn't going to win, unless the rest of the people that haven't voted all vote for that specific one.

It's like we're voting for the president of the United States...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom