• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

Speaking of megas, I don't really want anything super OP - at least nothing Mega Rayquaza level bad. All new megas should at least be forced to hold an item to mega evolve.
I actually like the OP megas. It is fun to use and great when up against a difficult trainer. I don't want gen 5 and 6 to have just one mega because I like so more please.

OP as in unbalanced mechanics and such is really not that much of a good thing in my opinion. It kills all creativity with a team if every single team is just a string of the same OP mons.

If we talk about OP as in being over-leveled for a situation, I'm all for that curb stomping because I put the effort into being stronger... but if the OP is just because say this pokemon's mega evolution gets a crazy stat boost and an ability that makes them basically unstoppable regardless of any effort put in, that's lame. So lame.

Maze route like Kalos Route 20 (Winding Woods). Gyms and villain hideouts are fine though.

Yeah, I can't see any reason for them to not notice this and edit No Guard to ignore OHKO moves. They did weaken critical hits when making them more common in higher crit states this generation, which I liked.
I'm sorry to ask but, how is this possible? I looked into Machamp's movepool and it can only learn Fissure by TM in Generation 1.

I'm sorry to ask but, how is this possible? I looked into Machamp's movepool and it can only learn Fissure by TM in Generation 1.

Because we can transfer Pokemon from the RBY VC games to SM, so you can teach it Fissure in RBY and transfer it and gain No Guard as an ability. Game Freak is going to need to address this scenario in some way.

What if the RBY Pokemon always come with their hidden abilities though? Machamp doesn't have that as its hidden ability. Or would an Ability Capsule still change that?

I actually want the Battle Maison to become a permanent in the games. It's easily the best Battle Facility we've had.

They should just change the looks of it. I dislike the dark colours and french architecture. Make it tropical looking, with bright colours and filled with excitement.

But mechanics wise, it is fantastic.

Last edited:
I actually want the Battle Maison to become a permanent in the games. It's easily the best Battle Facility we've had.

They should just change the looks of it. I dislike the dark colours and french architecture. Make it tropical looking, with bright colours and filled with excitement.

But mechanics wise, it great.
I rather have a Battle Frontier than the Battle Maison. Plus it seems more of a Hoenn/Kalos thing.

I rather have a Battle Frontier than the Battle Maison. Plus it seems more of a Hoenn/Kalos thing.
I just meant mechanically... In an other region, it might not be called the Battle Maison, possibly it will be the Battle elevator xD

And if a game has the Battle Frontier, it would be part of it. Like the Battle Tower from Crystal and RS, became part of Emerald's Frontier.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom