• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitches)?

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

The most annoying thing to me is when I'm trying to capture a rare Pokemon such as absol in r/s/e and I accidentily burn it and yet still for some reason cannot be captured and then faints. I still have yet to run into one in the wild in any game.

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

EKANS used wrap
EKANS's attack contunes x 4
grrr
happy part
SQUIRTLE used water gun
ekans fainted
SQUIRTLE grew to level 16
Squirtle is evolving
* presses B *

Politoeds with Drizzle. nuff said.

When my Pokemon never wake up when asleep, always hurt themselves in confusion, always fully paralyzed, and never thaw out. Seriously, when status conditions are used against me, they always work perfectly! But when I use them, they wake up on the first turn, snap out of confusion, thaw out, and move when paralyzed.

When you're hit by a Sand Attack and your Pokemon becomes all but blind. Hit your opponent with a Sand Attack and their accuracy never. Slagging. Changes. :disgust:

Your Stoutland comes out against a Defiant Pokémon, and instead of truly dropping the opponent's Attack by one stage, it's an effective raising of the opponent's Attack by one stage (the drop occurs as normal, but Defiant raises it by two, for those not following what I'm saying). While I don't think it was an opponent's Stoutland, I was on the Defiant end of that stick, and that is much better.

One word- Zubats

Gym Leader etc using recovery items.

When i first got pokemon red, and i was about 7-8 years old, I would sometimes get stuck in a 'harden-battle' between Brock's Onix and my Metapod (I was impatient and didn't want to wait to evolve it in to a butterfree with confusion, which is my usual tactic for brock)

Your pkmn being paralyzed and unable to move for 5 turns -.-

When Shiny Hunting, you always get the Pokemon you don't wan't, even if they have the same Encounter Rate, as the Pokemon you wan't to find.

Flinch hax that everyone but you has in gen I. Oh, and talking to Nurse Joy because you're impatiently mashing buttons waiting for her to hurry up.

When a Pokemon, you think you have the advantage over, has one or more attacks that are super effective against you.

Running out off Poké Balls.

The opponent's pokemon flinching mine 9 times in a row and also the opponent's pokemon using Protect 5 times in a row.

When you are on the GTS and you are looking for a certain easy to catch pokemon in a specific language game, or a trade for something like, Your: Shelmet, for Another person's: Karrablast, and they won't trade your specific pokemon for theirs, or they charge Legendaries for something like a foreign language Ditto, or a simple easy to catch Pokemon like Karrablast.

Usually there aren't any reasonable trades for what you wan't either, which makes this even more annoying.

It's because people know you wan't these specific Pokemon for either a trade activated evolution, or a foreign Ditto, which opens up a lot of Masuda Method Shiny Pokemon opportunities. So they decide to be a jerk and charge Legendaries for these Pokemon.

Last edited:

F.E.A.R.
/thread

Oh, and I can never forget when I put TWO JAPANESE PARENTS in the Day Care to Masuda. After five hundred eggs I began to doubt...

... You know that masuda methos is breeding pokemon from 2 DIFFERENT countries right?

F.E.A.R.
/thread

Oh, and I can never forget when I put TWO JAPANESE PARENTS in the Day Care to Masuda. After five hundred eggs I began to doubt...

... You know that masuda methos is breeding pokemon from 2 DIFFERENT countries right?

He was SARCASTICALLY saying it

Mine is

>pokemon< Uses rest!
>pokemon< gets hit a few times at red hp
>pokemon< Wakes up! >pokemon< Uses rest!

Just about nothing compares to the displeasure of running into a shiny Pokemon while in the safari/marsh... XD

That or having shiny Pokemon flee from you because in GSC, some had a small chance to flee, such as Phanpy (if you ever watched Chuggaaconroy). Sigh. v_v

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom