• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitches)?

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

That godforsaken skarmory that occasionally shows up in the battle factory. Toxic, double team, fly, and roost? With leftovers recovery?!? How are you supposed to win against that?!?

Heatran. Steel typing negates Toxic's viability, fire-type moves strike a weak point, and if you first use a Pokémon with Gravity and Taunt, it'll only be able to struggle, and it'll help you defeat it quickly. And not only does Gravity prevent the usage of Fly, it also drops evasion by two stages, making it easier to hit.

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

^ I'm not talking about competitive play, I'm talking about the battle factory. You can only choose from a select few pokemon before starting a challenge and after defeating someone in that place.

^ I'm not talking about competitive play, I'm talking about the battle factory. You can only choose from a select few pokemon before starting a challenge and after defeating someone in that place.

Yeah, but if you so happen to have Pokémon that fit the anti-Skarmory bill and just so happen to go up against said Skarmory...

Any time that there is a rival battle right after you've come through a cave or a long stretch without Pokecenters.

*Stupid because he has yet to get past the 3rd gym leader in White-- very new player, very old fandom nerd*

I just hate when I have to battle a Pokemon that can confuse mine no problem. and they use it over and over even though my Pokemon's already confused.

When the CPU somehow gets critical hit/dodge/miss haxs in PWT, Battle Subway, etc. And evasion moves, thank god Smogon "banned" them. I was fighting Fantina back in Pearl. Her drifblim was like minimizing every FREAKING turn. It took 6 turns for me to hit, and that only did like 1/4 damage. :banghead:

My Pokemon always hitting itself in confusion, but the NPC, almost never suffering the same fate!

When you are searching for Audino (easy exp) and then the grass starts shaking, but when you enter in the battle, it is not really an Audino, but a goddamned Unfezant or Emolga instead.

Critical hits.

Getting a miss in the PWT on the last guy for all 3 of your guys then they beat you so angry I hate Morty and his gangar too

It gets annoying when you accidentally run into a Trainer when you're in a rush to go somewhere - especially the rotating Trainers (the ones that spin around).

You take 2 steps, and you engage in a wild Pokémon battle; it's always the same damn one, too.

When you run into a Shiny Pokemon and you have no Pokeballs to catch it. >.<

When you run into a Shiny Pokemon and you have no Pokeballs to catch it. >.<

This is why they should give you pokeballs from the begining, so you don't run into a oh, I don't know, a shiny pidgey when your getting oaks damn package from the poke mart in viridian city!

Other than that, maybe when you pick a starter thats weak to the first gym leader(I'm looking at you pikachu!).

Any movesets involving putting the foe to sleep and raising evasion during the time the foe is asleep. I'm looking at you, Battle Subway Amoonguss! :bash:

Any movesets involving putting the foe to sleep and raising evasion during the time the foe is asleep. I'm looking at you, Battle Subway Amoonguss! :bash:

Even though it doesn't have any evasion-boosting moves, you'd still hate my Darkrai. Dark Void to put enemies to sleep, Nightmare, to boost the sleeping damage from Bad Dreams, and Dream Eater to finish 'em off. An AR code I used to use Darkrai in the Battle Frontier in Platinum (offline only) allowed me to get all the way to Barry's dad before I got beat by him. So, yeah, Darkrai's a beast.

When a legendary or shiny uses a move like Thrash and confuses itself and then knocks itself out. Or uses a move with recoil, or self destructs. But the confusion one seems to happen the most often, it's ridiculous. Wild Pokemon really should know not to knock themselves out....

My Pokemon always hitting itself in confusion, but the NPC, almost never suffering the same fate!
Tell me about it. I've been running through the PWT and was using my No Guard Golurk. Sure, DynamicPunch would hit, but it was very rare that the opponent would hit themselves. But if my Golurk was confused, of course he'd hurt himself. :banghead:

Getting nailed with an Ice Fang and getting frozen but when you use Ice Beam, nobody freezes. Seriously, I think the AI hates me.

Being in an important and hard battle while both you and your foe have only one pokemon left. And just when youre about to beat his pokemon the guy uses a Full Restore

Sees shiny pokemon
shiny pokemon self-destructs
me: O__O

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom