• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Objects Do You Want to See Become Pokémon?

You know what would be cool? A Pokémon that resembled a pair of headphones. It would be either a Ghost or Poison type, and it would attach itself to an organism and be like a parasite, absorbing the creature's life force through the ear muff parts. Also, it could use the cord that's attached to headphones as a weapon, using it to immobilize its prey. Imagine a thing like that getting at a human?

A Boombox, would know Boomburst and other sound moves.

Also would like to see a disco ball, a blender and a fancy chair.

I love the idea of a Book Pokemon. It could be Ghost/Fairy Type, kind of a Spell book or something that gained life. It would learn stuff like curse, mystical fire, destiny bond, and dazzling gleam. Part of the Fairy because i thought it would be better if it was lighter side of ghost type. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always loved the idea of a Fairy/Ghost or Fairy/Steel type mirror Pokémon. Not like Bronzor, but say a one stage Pokémon where its eyes are at the top part of the frame and it's mouth could come out of the mirror? Like just teeth and a long tongue that suddenly come out.
In fact, a set of haunted house Pokémon would be beautiful. So like, a mansion full of Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure, with said mirror Pokémon and maybe a literal shadow that possesses/moves inanimate objects and reveals a physical form to battle.

Now to list other objects.
Umbrella - Fairy/Flying - has an ability that stops ally Pokémon being affected by weather, or boosts defenses in rain
Wooden toy - Fairy/Fighting
TV - Electric/Ghost or Electric/Fairy (or maybe just a new Rotom form)
Deodorant can - Poison/Ghost - VERY defensive
Lightbulb - Electric/Fire

A wind instrument! Like a serpent. Aptly named after a serpent due to its shape, it could literally become a weird 'serpent' crossed Pokemon or go with the "ghost possesses an object" theme. It would make sense, too, since they're archaic instruments that are rarely played anymore, thus being stored away not in use.

Or you could go waayyyy back and use my namesake instrument. That's a seriously unsettling sounding instrument. It would be so creepy. lol

A wind instrument! Like a serpent. Aptly named after a serpent due to its shape, it could literally become a weird 'serpent' crossed Pokemon or go with the "ghost possesses an object" theme. It would make sense, too, since they're archaic instruments that are rarely played anymore, thus being stored away not in use.

Or you could go waayyyy back and use my namesake instrument. That's a seriously unsettling sounding instrument. It would be so creepy. lol
I am disproportionately annoyed by the fact that that wiki article didn't include a link to a recording of the serpent. Here's a recording of the serpent, and here's a recording of the aulos, which is even creepier than I expected with your description. That said, a serpent as a Pokemon would be pretty neato -- I almost think that the 'mon being an actual snake-like creature rather than a possessed instrument might be a cool idea. Either way, coming up with its cry wouldn't be that hard

I am disproportionately annoyed by the fact that that wiki article didn't include a link to a recording of the serpent. Here's a recording of the serpent, and here's a recording of the aulos, which is even creepier than I expected with your description. That said, a serpent as a Pokemon would be pretty neato -- I almost think that the 'mon being an actual snake-like creature rather than a possessed instrument might be a cool idea. Either way, coming up with its cry wouldn't be that hard

Glad someone else liked the idea! I have no idea how in the world it would be typed, though.

That recording of the aulos is very tame, actually. Here it is in actual ancient Greek music. It will be especially unsettling, because the ancient Greeks (naturally) did not have our ideas of tonality. They used intervals that are smaller than what we're used to, or maybe I should say their intervals were different from ours in many ways.

Glad someone else liked the idea! I have no idea how in the world it would be typed, though.

That recording of the aulos is very tame, actually. Here it is in actual ancient Greek music. It will be especially unsettling, because the ancient Greeks (naturally) did not have our ideas of tonality. They used intervals that are smaller than what we're used to, or maybe I should say their intervals were different from ours in many ways.
Ay ay ay, that's scary! Remind me to never travel to ancient Greece. :p I guess it makes sense that their music would sound unnatural to modern ears. You seem to be knowledgeable about this kind of thing -- what did the music of other ancient cultures sound like?

Ay ay ay, that's scary! Remind me to never travel to ancient Greece. :p I guess it makes sense that their music would sound unnatural to modern ears. You seem to be knowledgeable about this kind of thing -- what did the music of other ancient cultures sound like?

Not every piece in Ancient Greece was like that, though. That is from a tragedy, which is full of murder and revenge. It makes sense then that it would be a little disturbing! Here is a more relaxed piece.

I'm not as knowledgeable as I seem. >.< I have a fascination with early music, but mostly western. I only even know of these two pieces because I just started taking music history I in college (I did not even know that any music survived from ancient Greece, I only knew of instruments). I plan on going for music history for my graduate's degree.

How about a Water/Steel or Steel/Ghost anchor Pokemon? Its lore could state that it's from an ancient ship that was sunk, crew and all, and became a Pokemon due to the spirits inhabiting it when the ship sunk. Its head would be the anchor and it would have a chain tail with a spade at the end, acting like a whip and appendage. Not sure what it would look like upon evolving (if it does evolve), but maybe upon evolution it'll gain components of a ship (like wooden floor boards and torn sails) to make it look like a sea dragon or part of a ghost ship. How about that?

a toilet being water and some other type or a recycling bin having a new ability similar to harvest.

Haven't even posted my ideas yet. :0

Agree with a lot of people that I'd love to see a clock and/or time-themed Pokémon! (Ghost/Fairy maybe?) I could see it having a fantastically wacky design and I'd love to use one in-game.

Would also like to see a cloud Pokémon; perhaps pure Flying could work? I love clouds so it's really just another item I'd love to see incorporated into the Pokémon world.

Also a burger Pokémon, because of this image and Dukburg.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom