• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Was the Last Thing You Learned?

That I'm absolutely useless at heavy lifting! :D

TIL that cardboard tubes make great swords. jk i knew that already. TIL that the Super Single train exists and is a lot harder than the regular one. Why would I do this to myself?

I have been doing work cited pages incorrectly since middle school.

Nah, it's probably just that your current teacher/professor wants you to do it in a different format. There are a million different ways to cite things... MLA, Chicago Style, APA, etc. The way I was taught to cite things at all costs in high school would get me in trouble if I used it now in grad school.

Last interesting thing I learned is that liking or not liking cilantro can be genetic; apparently, a lot of people in the second group dislike it because they have a genetic condition that makes it taste soapy for them. Weird!

That only a minority of the House of Lords is a hereditary peer. I felt much better about their powers after that.

My professor's lecture videos doesn't cause me to fall asleep, unlike his in-class lectures.

To turn my music up higher whenever an awkward conversation is occurring behind me.

That despite the name, suspended chords aren't necessarily the result of suspensions (based on approach and resolution); rather, the term has come to indicate a certain chord structure that I wanted to know the name of (root-perfect fourth-perfect fifth). :O

A special mention, however, goes to the Neapolitan chord. I was looking through my music tips and ran across a part where I noted that in minor chords, the 2 is sometimes flatted so it's a major chord instead of the normal diminished. That sounded familiar, and I realized that I had earlier been looking up info on minor chords on Wikipedia when I ran across a chord labeled with an "(N)" instead of a Roman numeral, which I had then followed to the article on the Neapolitan chord. Now I know what that crazy II in SchoolHouse Rock's "Figure Eight" is.
Photobucketdancing.gif

Last edited:
40-something percent of obese people are actually healthy - as long as their metabolism is normal, they're in pretty good health. Not to say that it's okay to be overweight or that one shouldn't try to lose weight, but hopefully it'll take the edge off the fatphobia that so many people have.

That photograph, The Kissing Sailor is not a picture of a couple kissing to celebrate the end of WWII, but a drunk man kissing a random nurse...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom