• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 104 35.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • Both

Votes: 91 31.2%
  • None

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Wut?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
I'm getting both of the versions. :) Might cost alot but oh well. I'll keep saving my money to get them. x3.

I was planning on getting Y to keep with my tradition of choosing the game with the cooler looking legendary, but now I've found out Clauncher is X exclusive. It seems Game Freak as discovered my love for crustaceans and has decided to undermine me...

Maybe after the release of X and Y, we can make a tournament with paricipants from this forum Users-Those who will get one. ??!
:D

After a lot of thinking, I've finally decided on Pokemon Y, because I like red more than blue, I have a Y chromosome in my body due to being male, and a relative of mine seems to prefer Pokemon X.

If I could get one (I don't have a 3DS. My father disapproves of it) it would be Y. WhY? (See what I did there? Geddit?!)
Xerneas = Weird wimpy deer thing from Princess Mononoke
Yveltal = BADASS DARK SKY DRAGON FUCK YEAH
EmotZOMGExcited.gif

I love Pokémon.

I'm getting both, personally. Aside from SoulSilver, I've always gotten both. But I'll make X my "main game," so I can reset and replay Y over and over again.

Hrrrm... good idea. It would cost a bomb though. But still a good idea.

Last edited:
Definitely getting both - going to start off with Y as my main game though. The only thing I'm worried about however, is if they bring back the key system for challenge/easy mode. I got lucky with making Black 2 my main because it meant I could restart W2 over and over again and transfer the challenge mode key I unlocked in B2, which made extra play throughs on W2 a lot more, well, challenging. I'm hoping the key system is gone and the difficulty settings are just put in.

Definitely getting both - going to start off with Y as my main game though. The only thing I'm worried about however, is if they bring back the key system for challenge/easy mode. I got lucky with making Black 2 my main because it meant I could restart W2 over and over again and transfer the challenge mode key I unlocked in B2, which made extra play throughs on W2 a lot more, well, challenging. I'm hoping the key system is gone and the difficulty settings are just put in.

I actually won't mind the key system again, but only if transferring them via wi-fi is available. But yeah, I am going with both as well, except X will be my main game and Y will be the one that I will often reset to play through it all over again. Also, I am buying X digitally and the retail version of Y.

I'm still going to get both games. Money might be tight, but I'll try to save up since I always get both games on the release day. That's been a tradition every since R/S and I'm hoping that I won't have the break it. Though, at the moment, Y does have better exclusives with Spritzee and Skrelp.

I was all out Y when I was Yveltal, but I prefer Clauncher to Skrelp and Swirlix to Spritzee, so hopefully I can get both. But for now, I'm choosing Y.

I plan on purchasing physical copies of both games. If not at the same time, then X before Y.

I am getting Y as I liked Yveltal the moment I saw it and now knowing it's a dark type only reinforces my decision. As for the version exclusives while I am very fond of Clauncher I don't mind losing it. For Swrilix and Spritzee I like both equally so I don't mind either one. Although if Spritzee becomes flamingo-like upon evolution I will like it more.

I've already pre-ordered both versions. I always get both games and play as both characters.

Both so the experience points can accumulate faster and I own two 3DS systems. Add a lucky egg and you are good to go.

I've already pre-ordered both versions. I always get both games and play as both characters.
Same here. I too have pre-ordered both games and will use both characters.

I always get both versions because I just have to own all the main series Pokemon games!

Okay, after putting some thought into it, I've finally decided on X. Though both legendaries are cool, I prefer Xerneas.

I'm getting X, only because it's my tradition to get the "primary" version of the two (Red, Gold, Ruby, etc.). I actually like Yveltal better than Xerneas though.

Well I prefer Xerneas to Yveltal. Designwise and type wise (if I want Dark Flying, I will call Honchkrow)

But it is too early to say, Y might have better version exclusives.

I think this will be the first time I get both.

I'm definitely getting Y when it is first launched as a physical copy. If I really enjoy the game then I'll download X around Christmas time

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom