• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would the show be like without fillers.

Aaaaw, Aestivate, your macro isn't showing up for me :[

What are you all talking about, this is the best thread ever thanks to Weedle (ok, it's actually thanks to me)

DP124_Kojiro.png

Win. Thank you.

+1
Poor James actually had to read the crazy posts in this thread? He found out his whole life are merely a filler?! awwwww.... I'd facepalm too

Now the question is the following: what would the show be like without fillers?

It wouldn't exist anymore since there isn't enough plot to make new ep every week non-stop
Fillers are necesasry
Not to mention there won't be any breaks of the "serious" stuff
It's stupid not to want fillers, seriously

Considering that Takeshi/Kasumi following Red--I mean Satoshi is filler, there would be no Pokemon anime D:

...the heck?! I didn't even refer to Misty at all when I said that Contests are Fillers. Look, if they aren't in the games, that's also considered filler. At least the Gym Leaders existed in the games, but most of the Contest halls they've been to were not even in the games. There was a phrase that people used to describe something that was not from the source material, and that's "filler". Heck, people even called Orange Islands a "filler region" due to the sole fact that it never existed in the games.

I mentioned Misty, because I'm sure that it has something to do with you considering Contests to be filler.

Look, by your logic, the entire anime is filler, because Ash is not Red. Gary is not Blue. Takeshi, Kasumi, Haruka, etc... do not follow you around. The primary character from RBY is not the feature in RSE/GSC/DPP. Pikachu is only a selectable starter in Yellow. You can never gain gym badges by helping out a gym leader or proving that you deserve it by any means other than battle. The Leagues must be filler too, considering you don't battle other trainers in some kind of conference before the E4.

I can go on.

OI isn't even filler. They referenced it immediately after and in Johto, thus confirming its continuity in the show.
-----

Also, as requested above:

128847344485080355.jpg

Last edited:
It's kinda sad that people are trying to argue something is filler because its not in the games, when MOST OF THE ANIME is very different from the games.

The anime has never been a faithful adaption of the games. Ever. Even in the first season, the writers took many creative liberties.

I seriously cannot believe we're discussing this, now after 11 years and 600 episodes of the series.

Let me see,show without fillers?
It would be boring,fast,not having much significance and many great things would have been missed because of it.
Some of the greatest episodes in entire history of pokemon anime were fillers,and "filler episode" can be easily better than one which is connected with plot.

Personally i like fillers,to everyones astonishment(i liked Johto fillers too,though not all of them),and if they are done in quality way they can be quite entertaining,providing escape from usual routine getting off the route sometimes.

OI isn't even filler. They referenced it immediately after and in Johto, thus confirming its continuity in the show.

Reason why people consider Orange Islands being filler saga is because it didnt existed in games,so if we go by this principle technically it was a filler.

Seriously guys, how would you like it if we went from important plot episode to plot episode constantly to the point that you have to watch every ep or otherwise you won't understand anything in future episodes? It just becomes way too hectic. It's good to have some light-hearted eps once in a while to break the tension. However, as with other things, too much of it is just as bad.

Last edited:
Reason why people consider Orange Islands being filler saga is because it didnt existed in games,so if we go by this principle technically it was a filler.
Thanks for echoing something that Weedle's consistently said, and something that everyone here's been well aware of long before this thread, you must feel very proud.

The point is, he's taken that logic and completely misconstrued it for the purpose of calling Contests fillers. The two situations are entirely different, and ultimately, so are the uses of the word.

Last edited:
Seriously guys, how would you like it if we went from important plot episode to plot episode constantly to the point that you have to watch, or at least read the summary, of every ep or otherwise you won't get it in future episodes? It just becomes way too hectic. It's good to have some light-hearted eps once in a while to break the tension. However, as with other things, too much of it is just as bad.
Honestly, I would like that. But that's also the big problem with a show such as this one with no fillers. You can't expect a young kid to be able to see every episode in order. I know I didn't when I was little. They'd get too confused without filler.

Honestly, I would like that. But that's also the big problem with a show such as this one with no fillers. You can't expect a young kid to be able to see every episode in order. I know I didn't when I was little. They'd get too confused without filler.

Kinda true. But Kanto and Orange were rerun a million times back on TV back in the day. I remember they played Pokemon 6 days a week and like 2 eps every day after school.

Good times. I must have seen every ep of Kanto and Orange Islands like 10 times. :/

But they don't do that anymore. Kids aren't crazy obsessives like us. They're more than likely to miss at least a few every so often, and it'd be unfair for each episode to have such importance that they end up not understanding what's happened.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom