• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite Eeveelution?

What is your favourite Eeveelution?

• Total voters
Espeon. I was very excited when I saw it first come out in Gen II. Of course, as with a lot of the new evolutions for Gen I Pokémon, I had no idea how to actually get one at the time. I had thought that it would evolve using the Sun Stone and into Umbreon with the Moon Stone, similar to how Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon evolved using the Fire, Water, and Thunder stones respectively.

Obviously, that did not work out so well...

I've never been able to pin down a favourite after all these years, but Jolteon and Sylveon are the closest. I think my absolute favourite hasn't arrived yet.

Umbreon (which is also my favourite pokémon). It's a weird story actually, because I was playing through Soul Silver for the first time, and when I got the Eevee I wanted to turn it into a Vaporeon, which was my favourite at the time. There aren't really any Waterstones early in game though (unless you buy it at the pokeathlon). I hadn't saved for a while when my Eevee started evolving. And the time I did not know that you could press B to stop it, so accidentally became an Umbreon.

I also started using it competitively when I found out that it works as a tank.

Other than that I'd say Vaporen, because it looks like a mermaid-dog-cat.

Espeon. It has a nice, simple design that oozes elegance. I think it's going to be tough for an Eeveelution to beat it for me.

Glaceon for me. It has a smooth, cool, and fairly simple design, which works well for it. It's also one of the better Ice-types with a decent arsenal and stat spread, though it lost some of its attack options in later gens. Plus, obviously, it's an Ice-type, my favorite type, so that's a major perk for me.

Second place is tied with Vaporeon and Sylveon, as they're both good Mons to use and have nice designs and stat spreads. Vaporeon served me well back in Gen I and Sylveon's shiny form is gorgeous.

Since I forgot to mention my favourite in the first post, I'll tell you it now: My Favourite is Umbreon: since it's a dark type, has yellow rings that can glow and is generally cool. Followed closely by Jolteon: as it's an Electric type, and is also generally cool.

Leafeon has been my favorite for years now. The colors are calm and relaxing and pleasantly counterintuitive; I think the instinct for a Grass-type Eeveelution would be to make it very green, so I like how Leafeon subverts that. Having actual leaves for ears and a tail is very cute and a clever way of integrating the element into its design, as are the small weeds that subtly accent its body.

A shame that it still doesn't get Leaf Blade until very late, though.

Vaporeon and Espeon are tied as my runners-up. The rest, I don't like as much.

Umbreon for sure. Dark type and the design is just very much a yes in my view. I also cast votes for Espeon because that is also a second and Eevee because Eevee is just cute.

Espeon is definitely my number 1 favorite, with Umbreon and Jolteon coming in at a close 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Espeon was the first Eeveelution I ever used, along with Umbreon, which was in Pokemon Colosseum. Pokemon Colosseum was my 2nd Pokemon game, and my first was Sapphire. I fell in love with both Espeon and Umbreon, the starters in Colosseum--though Espeon was my favorite. I ended up dropping Umbreon from the team around halfway through (I adore Umbreon, but man it's pretty weak) and Espeon became my main starter.

I also really like friendship-based evolutions. I wish there were more. I'd love if they added more friendship based evolutions as well as expanding the whole system of it beyond a simple point system. But anyway, that's another thing I love about Espeon and Umbreon. I've used the two of them multiple times over the years. I used an Espeon in HeartGold and Black 2. I used Umbreon in Sun and something else.

My only current issue with Umbreon is its movepool. More specifically: Foul Play. Umbreon really needs Foul Play as a level up move. Espeon is perfect as it is.

Last edited:
It's a somewhat hard pick since I like almost all of them, but I think I'll go with Vaporeon. I liked using it as my Eeveelution of choice in the Kanto games when I would pick Charmander, thought it was a good bulky Water type that had nice Ice coverage since early on (in the form of Ice Beam in Gen I or Aurora Beam which you needed to wait a bit for in FRLG). I also like it a lot in Pokemon GO, it's one of the best Water-types you can have and it's easy enough to get as you only need 25 Eevee Candy for its evolution (and can guarantee the first one before the Eeveelutions start becoming random).

Vaporeon has always been my favorite, mainly becuase it's my favorite type. Glaceon is a close second. Both have great designs. Overall I like all of them except Sylveon.

I love eevee but if I have to evolve it I would choose flareon or leafeon. Flareon is the cutest to me, I love how fluffy it is (I just wish it was better in combat since apparently its not that good). I like plants so I like the way Leafeon looks too, though I've never actually used it in a game.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom