• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Generation is The Best Generation

Best Generation of Pokemon

• Total voters
Gen III. After having played LeafGreen and Sapphire, the old school games really did not appeal to me. I had to really get used to the poor graphics and I just kind of rendered them unplayable after a while.

(It's sad too, because I was a prime target age-wise when Red/Blue came out.)

And while the plot was kind of lame, Hoenn is my favorite region. The inventive locations and climates were all really fun to me. I also loved the atmosphere of LeafGreen, for a reason that's hard to pinpoint.

Well isn't it kind of obvious?
We all love Kanto, we have good old memories from R/B/Y
Johto was good too!
Though Hoenn, they screwed it up the graphics were like they tried to copy from the anime and thus was screwed up.
And Sinnoh was so-so.

Gen I... not because of the main games, but because the console spin offs and battle simulator were the best we've had thus far in my opinion. I'll take Stadium over PBR any day, HYP over PC, and... well, what is there to even compare Snap too?

TL;DR: I am a nostalgic fool.

I just have to ask... why gen III?! Is that just (II+IV)/2=III?! I just can't find a reason why... I mean, wh-why?

Well, I think I like Gen II the best as it was like, the golden age of Pokémon. (back in Hong Kong) And now, general HK teens don't have to do anti-Pokémon. They had simply forgotten as Pokémon seemed so meaningless.

I like the first Gen pokemon.. The 4th gen had to many "3rd" forms of pokemon i once loved. The other 2 gens i dont care much for either way.

My all time fav pokemon have always been the same on each game and they are

Magmar
Magneton
Weezing
Muk
Onix
Haunter "Gengar"
Dugtrio
Cloyster

Most of these are very good pokemon to have in current teams that you breed for online battles too. I like steelix so onix steelix doesnt matter if its a 2nd gen.

What makes me mad is how they brutalized Magmar, turning him into that ugly clown magmortar.. Same with Magneton.. why couldnt they leave him alone..

My fav games of all time tho were probably Ruby and Sapphire. I dont know why people dont like these 2 but i did, i liked the dive HM and going underwater and the places the legends were and stuff like that. The first Gen story eh was ok, the Gold/Silver one was pretty good mainly because it had 16 Gyms and 2 regions to visit. The Diamond and Pearl was pretty good too.

Gen I... not because of the main games, but because the console spin offs and battle simulator were the best we've had thus far in my opinion. I'll take Stadium over PBR any day, HYP over PC, and... well, what is there to even compare Snap too?

TL;DR: I am a nostalgic fool.

I know! Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Pokemon Snap, and Hey You Pikachu! were probably the best console pokemon games of all time! They need to combine these four with the handheld games and create a totally sweet console adventure game to span all regions!

Or, as Kanye West might say: Yo PBR, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Pokemon Snap, and Hey You Pikachu! were the best Pokemon console games of all time! Of all time! *shrug*

*Looks at poll result.

And I thouht Generation III was the most hated one.

I'm pretty sure it is... although I think that it isn't so much Gen III as R/S/E that are the most hated.

My fav games of all time tho were probably Ruby and Sapphire. I dont know why people dont like these 2 but i did, i liked the dive HM and going underwater and the places the legends were and stuff like that. The first Gen story eh was ok, the Gold/Silver one was pretty good mainly because it had 16 Gyms and 2 regions to visit. The Diamond and Pearl was pretty good too.

Well, the problem is that R/S/E has too complex of a storyline, not bad gameplay. The gameplay from R/S/E is just about as excellent as the other games, they just did a poor job with the overall story and design in game, meaning we have seen their work and they could do much better. Even still, Gen III games are often praised as the most innovative, and indeed they are, but they still have a weak storyline which is why so many people dislike them, but the Generation itself is indeed one of the most imaginative, and this is a poll on the generations, not the games themselves. I'm gonna start a game thread.

nevermind

(Dated Reply) I'm genuinely sorry if I came off rude to you. I'm autistic so I'm not good at recognizing those things. I was trying to be funny with at least half of the post, and I was just trying to answer your question of why people hate on Ruby and Sapphire so much. I got a little off topic with the last part of my reply. I'm just saying most people look at the title and say, "Oh, which generation of games did I like the most?" not, "Oh, which generation of Pokemon did I like the most, which is what the poll is really asking, whether on purpose or not.

Last edited:
Oh ok, well i accept your apology then.. Lets edit our posts and ill remove my rant. Take it out of your quote too please.

But ya its not just you, its not autism or w/e its just a general trend on every pokemon forum i go to.. I always seem to have arguments with people when all i posted was something as simple as my first post up top.. its wierd.. :angel:

I guess people are starting to miss the Gen III games and have started warming up to them especially since the Hoenn region hasn't been featured since Emerald came out. Personally, my favourite Generation is Gen III.

Nopez, Gen 3 was more about removing flaws of the previous generations and adding _required_ features in required areas, like abilities, new pokemon evo lines, the underwater worlds, held items, better graphics, expanded water routes, Battle Frontier and such. Liking or not liking them is just a matter of opinion...

Best Gen

What Generation do you think is best? I think gen 3. But I'm not going to play Black and White until the American release.

Re: Best Gen

Generation IV fixed all of Generation III's problems, expanded on past generations, used all the conventons of past generations with style, marked the beginning of a new trend (deeper storylines), and introduced Wi-Fi gameplay that creates a whole new game for players! It was awesome! And it was my first generation (game wise, I watched the anime as a little kid).

Johto was the only Gen to not take a bunch of things away from the Gen before it.

I just feel like it has the true feeling of what Pokemon is supposed to be down too.

Generation 3 is the best Generation, IMO. I still really like all the other Gens, although Gen 4 is my least favorite.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom