• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who should Ash end up with in the anime?

Who should Ash end up with?

• Misty

Votes: 181 41.8%
  • Dawn

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • May

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Iris

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Other.....

Votes: 106 24.5%

• Total voters
I still pull for Misty, even though I realize Ash has a better chance of going with Prof. Oak, LOL.

I pick Dawn in a distant 2nd.

However, characters come and go so quickly these days, as is the fickle nature of the anime at present, and so Ash stays as a pre-pubescent ten year old who seems to be given jailbait for fans to pair him with every saga before they are carted off three or four years later, never to be heard from again.

I am not understanding this at all. "Characters go so quickly?"

The ONLY other character who lasted a really long time in the series was Brock, besides Ash and TR. Everyone else lasts about the same amount of time. The original series was only 5 years, which is only slightly longer than each following arc.

Also, Iris is hardly jailbait.

Anyway I'd say no one, since that's what's going to happen.

I choose Misty.
First Companion,Original and I think she's close.
just like others say,Ash might not be ending up with any female leads.

He should end up with a bottle of Mustard; so he and Pikachu can have a loving condiment soulmate for eachother! (Note: Pikachu takes Ketchup)

I am not understanding this at all. "Characters go so quickly?"

The ONLY other character who lasted a really long time in the series was Brock, besides Ash and TR. Everyone else lasts about the same amount of time. The original series was only 5 years, which is only slightly longer than each following arc.

What I am saying is that we as fans have discovered through time that every character is given a limited longevity on the show as a main character, whereas some of us initially believed that the likes of Misty and Brock (even May at one point) would forever remain in or around the main cast. It's become apparent since AG/DP that the writers will ruthlessly write out any characters who are not deemed promotional material for the current series (how would Brock fit in with the 'reboot' philosophy of Best Wishes, for example?). So instead of working with a smaller pool of characters who will develop to meet their end goal, it seems that (apart from Ash possibly) we are doomed to seeing characters get halfway to meeting their goal before they are dropped from the main cast. This is obviously due to the anime being tailored towards marketing the newest games, rather than using continuity purely for the sake of older fans, which you can't blame the writers for one bit.

To be honest, this says a lot about the doomed prospects of Ash ever getting together with anyone on the show, letalone with Misty. So many characters have arrived since the original series who fans have built an affinity with, that it would probably be unfair to ultimately pair Ash up with one of those characters.

Last edited:
Well to be honest im not much of a shipper but if i would have to choose someone to end up with Ash in my opinion that would be Misty who imo had best relationship with Ash having friendly yet dynamic chemistry mixed with doze of arguing but mutual understanding aswell.Also it was quite obvious at some times during past series how she had some romantic affection toward him,being mostly one sided though.

In reality i dont think Ash will end up with anyone given how pokemon anime isnt that kind of show never being much about romance.I could be wrong,but if past years are anything to go by than this isnt meant to be in cards.

What I am saying is that we as fans have discovered through time that every character is given a limited longevity on the show as a main character, whereas some of us initially believed that the likes of Misty and Brock (even May at one point) would forever remain in or around the main cast. It's become apparent since AG/DP that the writers will ruthlessly write out any characters who are not deemed promotional material for the current series (how would Brock fit in with the 'reboot' philosophy of Best Wishes, for example?). So instead of working with a smaller pool of characters who will develop to meet their end goal, it seems that (apart from Ash possibly) we are doomed to seeing characters get halfway to meeting their goal before they are dropped from the main cast. This is obviously due to the anime being tailored towards marketing the newest games, rather than using continuity purely for the sake of older fans, which you sadly can't blame the writers for one bit.

Well said and i completely agree with it.Its quite obvious how formula of this show used to be different back in older days with more thought being put into characters and their development than thinking to replace them as soon as new games come out(that explains why every character who came later on in show aside from Misty who was replaced because of something else was replaced solely because of new set of games and promotional purposes to fit better as marketing tool representing current region) .In reality none of characters which we seen gone from this show ever received real closure to its story being replaced in half of their developmnt with lot of things being left desired to do more with them.From May and Dawn,who were written out in half of their contest quests,to some like Misty who got even less development with goal of becoming water master and many other things being left unfinished and unclear never being used to their full potential.

Granted with examples of Brock(he was choosed to stay despite not promoting anything really later on),and several game protagonists which were ignored like Leaf,Marina,Lyra,and several male ones it was showed how its possible to promote new games without characters necessary being replaced through other likes with older cast members advertizing new games through new pokemon,arcs in which new characters and features could be introduced like they did with HGSS remakes etc but is quite obvious how writing staff rather wants "new flesh"(and they from what it seems dont have any intention of changing that anytime soon),instead of having series builded up with continuity,stable cast and properly developed characters who would receive proper endings.Oh well.

Most likely people Ash will end up with:
Shaga
Sarah Palin
Prof. McGonagall (or however it's spelled)
Mokuba from Yugioh
a lamp post

personally, I hope it's the professor or Mokuba...

Last edited:
What, no Dent? What is this world coming to, I wonder.

He's the absolute perfect match for Ash. Their relationship would be fabulous.

I agree with this, don't have any males options on the poll either, no Dento or Paul =[

edit;

I forgot I didn't vote, I keep changing LOL. Its a tie between Iris or Dawn female wise.

Anyway, with all seriousness aside (this is about shipping in an anime after all, despite how worked up I got in my previous posts about it :p), I actually forgot to vote in the poll lol. Although Misty is my choice for Ashy-boy, I think that May pushes her quite a long way for the vote because I find Advanceshipping adorable as well. So if (IF) Ash ever ended up with anyone, I would love to see him with Misty but wouldn't fell too hard done by if he was paired with May. :)

Ash should end up with either Misty or Iris.
Of course, Ash won't end up with anyone because he is too dumb to figure out that all the girls he has tralvelled with accually like him.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom