• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
I'll definitely be fond of the Gen I forever- as for what will come in the future, I can't foresee myself not playing the new games unless pokemon takes a huge turn and starts becoming something else. But for now, I still love pokemon. :D

I'll keep following pokemon, games look really good, show I'll look at screencaps on filb and read the synopses like I do now :/

I've stuck with it for over ten years now... And I'm pretty sure I ain't gonna stop any time soon.

I will never give up on Pokemon. Generation 4 failed me, but I will stick with it. Mario, Pokemon and Earthbound are tied for my fave series, and I shall NEVER give them up.

I don't know... with my team coming to a completion, I'll not have anything else to do but collect the data for the 'dex, and that's not the most entertaining thing...
I'll see.

I only skipped gen 3. I'm currently more hooked on pokemon than ever.

It's one of those things that, once you get hooked on it, and it has enough of an effect on you at some point that it's (one of) your favourite franchises, you'll always keep coming back to it, like all the great franchises from Mario and Zelda to X-Men and Star Wars (incidentally I'm a huge fan of all of those bar Star Wars...:p). The hype may fade off from time to time (infact only a year ago I though I had zero interest in Pokemon anymore...) but it's one of those things that in some form or other will always be a part of your life. Right now I'm more obsessed with Pokemon than in years!

Fuck yes. Even though I joined late, its been to long to give up completely.

Who would ever thing about giving up? Even if you've only been a fan for a little bit, something is better then nothing.

I've been a fan my whole life, so, I'm never going to abandon Pokemon. Even if I do get laughed at. Or if the next gen. sucks.

In some way, shape or form I will always be apart of the Pokemon fandom. Meaning that no matter what I will always continue to watch the anime. Handheld gaming is what will be a holdup for me. I didn't get a DS and Platinum until early this year since there were finally enough good games for me to willing drop over $100 on a system. I'm really happy that B/W will still be on the DS so I don't have to worry about upgrading and whether I want to for another 4 years.

Despite how silly I think the new pokes look, that doesn't mean I have to use them when I beat the game. I'm going to play the game with the pokes that I'm given, and have fun, too, and when I'm done with that I'll migrate my super awesome pokes from gen 4.

The only poke I REALLY like from all the Gen 5s is Gochirizeru, at least I think that's its name.

Cloudskye said:
I've been a fan my whole life, so, I'm never going to abandon Pokemon. Even if I do get laughed at. Or if the next gen. sucks.

Good on you! People who don't like pokemon obviously have never played the game! (or fail to understand it)
As for me, I'm definitely getting White! I only started playing when pearl came out but that's enough to get me hooked!

I'm a long die-hard. Been with it since GS. I'm not stopping anytime soon.

POKEMON!!!!!!!! XD

I'm nearly 20, but I'll probably always be a fan of Pokemon as long as they don't try to ruin it like the Power Rangers franchise.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom