• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wii update allows SD Card storage: Also features SDHC support

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Wii update allows SD Card storage: Also features SDHC support

A new Wii System Update, Wii Menu 4.0, has been released to the public. This update lets users launch channels, such as WiiWare and Virtual Console titles, to the SD card. This update also allows the Wii to support high capacity SD cards.

Read more on Bulbanews

WAIT!!!

Does this mean that we'll actually be able to not worry about using up the Wii's internal memory because if that's the case that means more Virtual Console games can be purchised.

YES!!!!

Good. This means I can move data from the Wii to SD cards easily. Didn't receive the update yet, don't know why.

Also don't see how this is Pokemon news.

It's vaguely relevant, because a couple of Pokemon games are available for download on the Wii - Ranch and Puzzle League.

And it's about freakin' time. Got my update yesterday.

Finally.

Perhaps that's why my Wii's glowing blue right now :3

Heh, I got the update last night, pretty helpful.

Well, that only took forever and a day.

Off to update right now.

It should have been able to do that right out of the box, but I guess it's better late than never.

I'm also surprised that this made Bulbanews, seeing as how it rarely reports things that affect us fans but isn't exactly "Pokemon news" per se.

I agree, this update was long overdue, I've been looking forward to the expanded capacity and being able to move the files around.

I hated how some titles were blocked from moving about before. It's really a nobrainer of a function.

Finally got mine through a message via WiiConnect24. I know I could've done it manually, but this time I wanted get the message then do it.

What capacity does it support now, and how does this work?

Not upgrading unfortunately, I still use my Freeloader (for the US versions of SSBB, Okami Wii, RE4 and Naruto Revolution 2).

Zeta said:
What capacity does it support now, and how does this work?

With the new upgrade, it can support cards up to 32GB.

As for how it works? Well, after you download the new update, you can go into your Wii's option menu and start moving channels from your Wii console over to the SD card. Virtual Console games, WiiWare games, channels...whatever.

When you want to launch one of these channels from the card, you simply click on the newly-created SD logo on the bottom lefthand corner of the screen and select the game you want. After loading for a few seconds, the game starts up.

Save data can't be saved onto the SD card (it has to remain on the Wii console) and you can't play your VC/WiiWare games on someone else's Wii, but those limitations aren't anything new.

Blackjack Palazzo said:
And Snap.

And then there's Smash Bros, which is already out in Japan and will likely be released in the U.S. within the next few months.

Plus...whatever new WiiWare stuff Nintendo comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom