• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash win the league in Kalos????

I don't care if he loses, I just want it be a believable loss instead of what happened with Tobias and Cameron.

Most likely not, since the writers seem to want Ash to be as much of a failure as possible, they don't want him to move on in his life, and instead have him live in an endless loop because as long as new games are being made, they cannot get rid of Ash because they are paranoid that replacing him will cause people to turn away from the franchise and they will lose money. And considering that his losses in each league have gotten worse each generation and each league has been rushed faster and faster, it's likely he will have a really bad loss this time. Face it, the anime writers hate victories.

One of the writers of the anime said a few years back that if Ash won a league, the series would automatically end, and I think that is a lie, because the series is still capable of continuing even if Ash wins a league, it would allow him to face greater challenges and stronger trainers, and he would go to other regions and face their leagues so he can become more well known, it would allow progress in his life and to reach higher goals. Instead the anime writers are too paranoid that people will turn away from the franchise if they made any significant changes to the show that they resort to redundancy because they feel it makes the franchise money that way.
His losses has not been worser and worser. The Unova league loss was bad. But Sinnoh and Hoenn was not bad at all.
And they could let Ash win a league and then be Champion in Kalos but continue too the next region and try to be champion there too.

Nope

Sure, it'd be nice if he won one day, but I can pretty much never see it happening. Highest he'll ever get is runner up. But not this league. This time around he should make it to top 4. Provided He's not as crap as he was in the Unova league

ASh, win a league? Bwahahaha!

I think he should get top 2 this time. It could be like he was trying to get the bad after effect of the unova league and start to resume his progress from the Sinnoh league rank. And if he were to lose, no more Cameron type characters beating him please! Looking back at from Cameron to Tobias, I would rather a Tobias character over him. That way it would seem like Ash was way stronger than he was before so he would deserve his rank better than what he got in unova.

Not likely. It's clear that the staff at OLM have no intention of having Ash win any major league tournament, let alone challenging the Elite 4. I'm guessing Ash will only ever win a league when the anime ends.

*sigh* Do I need to keep suggesting this? Have Ash win a league, and then he mentors a rookie trainer in the next region. A thought like that never occurred to TPTB?
Either that or they simply won't go that route.

I think the best he can hope for is 2nd like Dawn got in the Grand Festival.
I'd love to see him win the League Tournament and go on to face the Elite 4, possibly defeat them, but then lose to the Champion.
I think that would show him as a really great trainer, but not quite reach his goal and therefore allowing him to continue on to the new region.

I like this idea, and it makes a lot of sense. :)

I don't believe Ash will ever win a league, at least until the series as a whole is over. One of the fun things to see when watching Pokemon as a kid, was being able to root for Ash and watch him work towards his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. Even though he lost, he would move on and try again in a different region. Noting that each generation brings in a new batch of young watchers, I feel like the writers want all kids to be able to have the experience of growing up with Ash and rooting for him to win the Pokemon league. If they allow Ash to win, it wouldn't be the same as him trying to reach that first major milestone.

I'm agreeing with the above. If Ash won he'd have little to nothing to work for. If he had won the Kanto League he likely would have been satisfied with himself and stuck around in Kanto, and there would've been no reason for him to go to Johto, thus ending the series.

Nopes..i think he will win..maybe it doesn't seems like that at the moment but eventually he will and that's for sure..you can take my word for it.

I would really like to see him rank in the top 4, as sometimes he doesn't even make that, but I really doubt he'll win the entire league.

First of all, let's have a little summary :

Indigo Conference (top 16)
Silver Conference (top 8)
Ever Grande Conference (top 8)
Lily of the Valley Conference (top 4)
Vertress Conference (top 8)

So, In Unova Ash had a regress: From top 4 in Sinnoh he got in Top 8.
I think that the most possible placing about Ash are :
Top 8 or Runner-Up.
He won't be in Top 4 because we would have a repeat, in Hoenn Top 8 then in Top 4 in Sinnoh. He has been placed three times in Top 8. In my opinion he will not regress again, bcoz would be silly. So I think definitely that Ash will stay in the Kalos League too in Top 8 or he will have some developed, non-Unova like,
well-trained Pokemon and make it to be a Runner-Up.

Also I would a female trainer to win the League this time.

For one thing, Ash has never won a league before. Additionally, we don't even know a single member of his Kalos team, bar Pikachu, or how the show will be handled (rotation, plain team of six, etc.).

True. And I personally think that if he wins a league, then it's the end of the anime. Maybe that's why he's so stupid at the beginning of each region, so he forgets how to battle at least decently so he doesn't end up killing everything in the Pokémon League.

In my opinion, Ash has better chances of wining any sort of filler league such as the Orange Islands or Battle Frontier. Growing up with the show and looking at it at a deeper angle is that Ash will keep losing the main leagues and keep being reset until either the franchise becomes financially unsustainable or the anime itself is on the brink of cancellation. I'm hoping that the writers plan better for this league and don't botch things up like they did with the Unova League.

He won't.

I'd like for him to though, because I want Ash replaced by another character. I'm tired of the loop of him forgetting everything, pikachu getting zapped, causing him to restart, getting 8 badges, losing in the league. What better way to send off Ash than making him do something meaningful. Like win a league?

True. And I personally think that if he wins a league, then it's the end of the anime. Maybe that's why he's so stupid at the beginning of each region, so he forgets how to battle at least decently so he doesn't end up killing everything in the Pokémon League.

Not necessarily. Like I've said, if he wins a league, he can still go on journeys as the mentor instead of the challenger.

Honestly, the idea that Ash must keep losing because winning a league means the end is quite tiresome. That's the box TPTB have locked themselves in, and it's time one of them tried thinking outside it.

no he wont because they'll bring in some character whose only purpose in existance is to promote eevee themed merchandise and generate hype for a new gen and new eeveelutions and that character will win instead.

No. If they planned to let Ash win the Kalos League, they would have placed him as runner-up in the Unova League. Top 8 to winner is too much. I'm hoping he gets to Top 4 again, the next series runner-up and for the Generation VIII series, winner.

We would have a kind-of-two-Ash-cycle:
Kanto: noob
Johto: semi-noob
Hoenn: competent
Sinnoh: skilled
Unova: semi-noob
Kalos: competent
VII: skilled
VIII: the very best

Though this is only what I think could happen. I personally don't know how do I want Ash's end to be by now...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom