• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.

That makes no sense, even if a mafia was to influence our lynch the forensic guy will at least know about it and might shape up their suspicions, while if we let the executioner do it we will know absolutely nothing. The lynch is still better in this scenario.

I actually agree with Mijz; with the Executioner, the informant will never know what the role of the dead person is, whereas if we lynch someone, the informant at least will know if that person is town or mafia. That would be helpful if the informant manages to survive for a while. More useful, I think, than if we let one person arbitrarily make a kill for us.

But as it stands, it seems we're not going to be able to draw up a majority on any one person this phase, unfortunately, so that very well might be the scenario.

Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

vote: Rio Kamishiro

If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.

My spin on this is that Sputnik probably isn't Mafia because meta.

Either way, I completely agree that a lynch would be better for the town than an executioner kill. However we're all assuming that the executioner is going to kill someone no matter what. He doesn't have to, you know.

Well. Vote to come later after more discussion.

Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.

I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.

I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.

I have no idea who is mafia and who isn't. I'm saying that if you are mafia, sourcandy also has a fair chance of also being mafia. There is no such scenario with Sputnik. Therefore going for your lynch will potentially yield us two mafioso, while sputnik's lynch would only yield us one possible mafioso.

I have no idea who is mafia and who isn't. I'm saying that if you are mafia, sourcandy also has a fair chance of also being mafia. There is no such scenario with Sputnik. Therefore going for your lynch will potentially yield us two mafioso, while sputnik's lynch would only yield us one possible mafioso.

There's that, and also the possible fact that I'm not mafia and technically you'd be lynching a townie and get little to no info.

How exactly would the Mortician get their info about the lynchee to us without painting a big ass bullseye on their forehead?

Well... The mortican could post the information in-thread after they have quite a few votes on them and if they're going to be lynched very soon... That scenario isn't desired, though...

Well, unless a majority is reached, you won't be. And I still find Sputnik a far better target.

Mijzelffan said:
while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.
And I find this strange. Wouldn't we want to be eliminating mafia? Even if we'd have no vote-based leads after the fact, I don't see why it'd be wise to put off killing a mafioso. I don't know if Sputnik is or isn't mafia, but if she seems most suspicious right now (as she does to me), then that seems like a better chance to take, rather than try to set up things for a later day phase that may not even pan out. If Rio ended up being town, we'd be in the exact same boat anyhow, so I'm going to just...

VOTE: Sputnik

Speaking of “joke” posts…

Guys, don't forget that there's a werewolf on the loose! XD
No seriously, we're all screwed.

Hmm...do you have any more to contribute besides this? Posts like this tell us nothing except you’re afraid of the werewolf.

I realize we don't have a lot to go on right now, but I would prefer not to pursue gut-feelings at this point.

As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.

I’m sorry but this reasoning does not sit well with me. A lynch gives us more information because we can at least see who voted for who.

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED

1. @KidBeano;
2. @jda95;
3. @Paperhorse;
4. @Mijzelffan;
5. @Hitomi;
6. @Sputnik;
7. @Rio Kamishiro;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Andrea Luminosity;
10. @Kyouhei!;
11. @Soulmaster;
12. @Akuraito;
13. @Neon Borealis;
14. @Master Mew;
15. @Ryoga Kamishiro;
16. @Human;
17. @Buoy;
18. @Aelita;
19. @Elysion;
20. @GliscorMan;
21. @Croag;ily
22. @TheMissingno.;

1. @Parma;
2. @Dark Blueberry;
3. @Neosquid;
The noon sun presides over the discussion. It leers over the town, judging harshly, interrogating all into a fierce sweat. There is no relief; for forty-eight hours, the sun does not cede its position.The discussion becomes just as still.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre,
The falcon cannot hear the falconer,...

The sun vanishes.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

The assembled villagers flee. There was not time to burn a witch.

Caught by circumstance, you are trampled by the mob, knocked unconscious. When you awake, the world is night. All are in hiding; you are alone.

What will you do now?

It is now Night 1. The thread is locked and whatever actions there are may be sent via Quicktopic. Night 1 ends in 24 hours on November 14th at 10 PM EST.

1. @KidBeano;
2. @jda95;
3. @Paperhorse;
4. @Mijzelffan;
5. @Hitomi;
6. @Sputnik;
7. @Rio Kamishiro;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Andrea Luminosity;
10. @Kyouhei!;
11. @Soulmaster;
12. @Akuraito;
13. @Neon Borealis;
14. @Master Mew;
15. @Ryoga Kamishiro;
16. @Human;
17. @Buoy;
18. @Aelita;
19. @Elysion;
20. @GliscorMan;
21. @Croag;ily
22. @TheMissingno.;

1. @Parma;
2. @Dark Blueberry;
3. @Neosquid;

You walk through the village with purpose: you have something to do. You hurry, intending to complete the task before sunrise. But the night drags on.

While wandering, you notice @FinalArcadia;. You make contact for a brief moment:

Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence. -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Then, a burst! The sun reappears in the center of the sky, almost boastfully. And, at that exact moment, FinalArcadia vanishes. What happened?

FinalArcadia is no longer in the game.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to vote. It takes 11 votes to lynch. The phase ends on November 16th at 10 PM EST.

Re: Witchhunt - DAY 2 - 11/14/12

Well... I don't have much, but FinalArcadia was nightkilled and she was pretty honed in on Sputnik the whole time she was playing.

@Sputnik That worked out rather well for you, don't you think?

Well, I can...honestly say I wasn't expecting that. I don't know; even with FA's post up there, it's... Eh. I'm likely being stupid.

Though isn't it possible that the mafia purposefully let a nightkill attempt be wasted to get the doctor or cop? It's horridly WIFOM whether they did or not and there's no real evidence to either happening (except against it happening with FA's coincidental death), but I think that it's somewhat important that I point that out.

Although, truthfully, I feel that it's more likely that FA was the chosen nightkill; it just works all too well, even with how it's rubbing me the wrong way for some reason. so why mention it, Aku. :I

Okay, finalarcadia died, to be honest that is kinda what I wanted after she tied up the votes. Problem is now no one knows her alliance. Except maybe the mafia, if it was the mafia that killed her.

Then again, it can also be the executioner killed her for tying up the votes, while the mafia attacked someone who was protected (or the werewolf). I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.

Anyway, what do we do now?

I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.

Do you mean Rio? But even then, I didn't see her vote on Sputnik as a defense of Rio more than just plain thinking Sputnik was more suspicious than Rio. There's also how her tying up the votes meant nothing; we need a majority of the players to vote for one person to lynch, not just a majority of those who chose to vote voting for the lynchee.

I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.

Do you mean Rio? But even then, I didn't see her vote on Sputnik as a defense of Rio more than just plain thinking Sputnik was more suspicious than Rio. There's also how her tying up the votes meant nothing; we need a majority of the players to vote for one person to lynch, not just a majority of those who chose to vote voting for the lynchee.

Sigh, no I do not mean Rio.

How did FA defend Sputnik in any way, though? ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom