• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Tournament Junior Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon World Tournament !

We only know about Cynthia, Caitlin and Alder. Since this is just a junior cup, it seems clear that the actual World Tournament is something more serious that will involve more trainers.

We only know about Cynthia, Caitlin and Alder. Since this is just a junior cup, it seems clear that the actual World Tournament is something more serious that will involve more trainers.

It also implies we'll be seeing more than one of these. The fact that they make it a Junior cup makes me think Ash will steadily progress in them.

Changing the thread title to reflect the news.

Apparently Ash can battle Alder if he wins, and Caitlin will participate. Very interesting how they're giving him a different opportunity to battle the champion.
To think my speculation is confirmed !
So, Cynthia & Catlin are participating huh .
I lose interest since I already know the outcome !
-If Cynthia face Catlin in Semifinal then Ash facing his new Rival in semifinal & Cynthia in Final.
-If Ash facing Catlin in Semifinal then The Final match will be Cynthia vs Catlin.
Because Ash doesn't need to face Alder if he beat Cynthia since Cynthia is hundred time the stronger Champion then Alder .
Unless we are watching the Conclusion of Ash's journey Or His 10 year old life.
Then the Outcome is , Ash & Alder face each other & throw their pokeball And The Episode end's right there.
Which mean , Ash ether get replace or aged afterward !
Pokemon Junior world cup is the perfect way to end Ash's Story.
However, It wouldn't make a sense if this tournament happen before Unova League !
By the way , Are Cynthia & Catlin participating as Competitor or Guest ?
It will be super cool if Catlin give Ash one of her villa as a present.
You know , For some reason I want the new Rival of Best wish Season 2 to be a Cute girl around Ash's age who make Dawn & May look like nothing !
Ya Ya, I'm a perverted Otaku who search for Best Moe !
FYI : CAN THERE EVER BE A SINGLE TOURNAMENT IN BEST WISH WHICH ASH WINNNNN ????

It is also interesting that they are most likely going to wrap up eastern Unova before the league. It seems more than possible now that the actual filler saga won't take place in Unova, which is logical if this theory ends up being proven correct. Cynthia may have come to Unova to promote the real World Tournament.

It is also interesting that they are most likely going to wrap up eastern Unova before the league. It seems more than possible now that the actual filler saga won't take place in Unova, which is logical if this theory ends up being proven correct. Cynthia may have come to Unova to promote the real World Tournament.

Well it could be islands within Unova like the Sevii Islands were for Kanto.

There may be islands, but I don't think they'll be near Unova. We know that N is in a faraway place.

Last edited:

I think this tournament is something that will be brought up by Shirona is the first season 2 episode, and we'll then see Satoshi work up to it. I can't see this being on the poster if it's just some quickie arc.

I think this tournament is something that will be brought up by Shirona is the first season 2 episode, and we'll then see Satoshi work up to it. I can't see this being on the poster if it's just some quickie arc.
Hey , Since it's Pokemon Junior world cup , Shouldn't this tournament be Age Restricted !
How its a Junior World cup if Senior like Cynthia & Catlin participate here !
Ash , The Junior World champ !
I would like that !

So now we know it's Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup... ok... confirmed characters so far: Cynthia, Alder and Caitlin
I think I'm still right about us getting only DP/BW characters in this (other than possibly Lance which I still hope/expect to see, but I guess even him isn't so likely)
I still think we need more details before we can make anything of this... like - who are allowed to participate? how exactly the tournament will be battles-wise? what is the purpose of this tournament?...
We still barely know anything... I guess we'll truly know what's up only when these episodes will finally air... until then, it's really hard to speculate

Lol speculations easy, whether we're right is another thing haha.

I would really prefer this to be after the league, but with these little bits on info coming in makes kinda lean towards it being before now. Not that ill be annoyed if it is before, i just think it would serve better after where Ash can use all his older pokes and what not. But hey, if it is before, They can develop Ash's team properly and then he can be a bit more on par with the likes of Drayden, who I believe Ash has no chance of beating in his current form (assuming he shows up at all). Plus he'll look a lot stronger for the league. But yea, id still prefer it the way i said before. Ash gets last badge, enters league, does well but doesnt win, then cynthia shows up and epicness ensues

I think I'm the only one with low hopes concerning the whole World Tournament issue.

The basic concept of it is the most awesome, epic thing one wanted to see as a kid when watching this show. A tournament composed of the most powerful trainers in the world as participants! That's just really awesome.

Buuuuuttttt, considering how HORRIBLE the anime has been when portraying a lot of the characters that are supposed to take part in this, I have little hope for this. Plus the show's track record with continuity doesn't help, which the tournament would in various levels touch upon.

I'm at least glad the show is so far showing signs of only covering a "Junior" portion of this tournament. Becuase there is a fuckton of potential in this, way to much for a show with this one's horrid record of character library management and continuity to handle properly.

Okay , All of ya know about ''Pokemon World Tournament'' where all the gym leader & Champion battle.
So
What If BW season 2 is about ''Pokemon World Tournament'' where Ash participating !
I mean , It still sound impossible but
What if Ash actually win both Unova league & Champion league And then He enter "Pokemon World Tournament'' where face of other champion & Gym leader !
Can it be actually possible !
FYI : It's also mean Misty appearing there As Ash's rival in BW Season 2 !

I can see Ash winning one competition but not both. Not here. I wonder why they did this here and not in Sinnoh? Will this be the last region that the producers would create or what?

And also, I don't know if Misty will be his new rival. It might be some random character that has nothing to do with the games. Some people expect Cheren but I'm expecting something else.

There are probably going to be multiple versions of these tournaments. If this is the first tournament I see Ash winning the Junior division and his "prize" will be Adeku who he'll lose to.

But then he'll enter the "Intermediate" division, then the "Expert" division.

I think all these will build Ash up to win the Unova League and then enter the Champion league.

I say it happens this way! Ash and maybe Trip participate( and maybe Cilan cause he is a leader)! and Ash will get to the final and probably face Caitlin which will destroy him or maybe Ash can pull of a win and the winner of the tournament will face Cynthia!

There are probably going to be multiple versions of these tournaments. If this is the first tournament I see Ash winning the Junior division and his "prize" will be Adeku who he'll lose to.

But then he'll enter the "Intermediate" division, then the "Expert" division.

I think all these will build Ash up to win the Unova League and then enter the Champion league.

That is unless someone cough:N:cough shows up with a legendary and stops him from winning.

I'm interested how does Ash qualify!? oK Cynthia sees potential but is that enough to put him before some leader!?

Apparently Ash can battle Alder if he wins, and Caitlin will participate. Very interesting how they're giving him a different opportunity to battle the champion.

It could be a way to make him battle Alder despite losing the Unova League :) but if people like Cynthia and Caitlin are participating - it's pretty obvious that Ash won't win this anyway

Interesting enough that this tournament might lead to a Champion league much later on.

There's no reason to connect these two unrelated events, especially with the limited info we have so far about the Pokémon World Tournament Juior Cup

Is there any evidence that this is before the league or is that just speculation?

It's pretty obvious these are upcoming events, while Ash doesn't even have his 8th badge yet (unless he gets it from Homika, but I'm not sure how likely is that) so it'd have to be before the League

I don't think we know for sure yet. But if it is, then the 8th Gym and league will probably be held off for a while.

Finally you admit this...

Since so many Champions are appearing hopefully this is all build up for Ash to get stronger and win the Unova league.

How will a crazy amount of Elite Four members and Champions will make Ash stronger? If anything, the more people like Cynthia and Caitlin getting into this tournament, the less likely it is for Ash to get a good place in this tournament, based on his past battles against Elite Four members, including these that were in the DP series were he was agreed to have been at his best...
He'd probably quickly lose the moment he goes up against one of them

It also implies we'll be seeing more than one of these. The fact that they make it a Junior cup makes me think Ash will steadily progress in them.

I think it's still way too early to say this "implies" anything... we'll probably get clear details only when the eps actually air and they properly explain what exactly this PWTJC is

Why would anyone believe Ash will win a tournament where some of the participants are Cynthia, Caitlin and other people with their level of experience?
As far as we know right now, I really don't see any reason to think Ash will win this
Also, if anyone should get to battle Alder it's Trip, which is why I believe he might win the Unova League (I don't think Trip will win here either, since he should have even less of a chance than Ash to beat all these people... but they will probably emphasize here again Trip's desires to battle Alder)

Think of it this way, Ash might win against Caitlin. She's probably no stronger than a Frontier Brain.

As for Cynthia, I dunno, maybe something will happen where she forfeits or has to leave to deal with some villain stuff?

Think of it this way, Ash might win against Caitlin. She's probably no stronger than a Frontier Brain.

Caitlin is an Elite Four member
Ash battling her would be on the same level of Ash battling Bertha and Flint during DP
Not to mention Ash isn't as good right now as he was in these late DP eps where he was at his best
If he totally failed against E4 members then, why would he beat them now? it doesn't make any sense

As for Cynthia, I dunno, maybe something will happen where she forfeits or has to leave to deal with some villain stuff?

...dude, seriously? that seems like a really desperate try to find an excuse to make Ash win this because you know he's not going to beat Cynthia...
I won't be surprised if the winner is Cynthia herself (well, assuming she does participate... I think it's still not so clear if she's participating too or just or just organizing the event or something... there's really too much we don't know about this yet...) and we get a Cynthia VS Alder battle - I wonder who will win in such a case... on one hand, they wouldn't want to make the current region's Champion seem inferior, on the other hand they really played up Cynthia to be this awesome unbeatable trainer that I find it hard to imagine us ever seeing her lose a battle

Why would they bother to have Ash himself enter then? This isn't a Don battle tournament, I doubt Iris or Cilan will be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom