• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'll be honest: I legitimately think Archie wanted to reduce the whole world to nothing but a giant ocean, just so he'd have an excuse to pull the ol' Adam & Eve on Shelly.

And I don't really blame him, honestly. Only it'd be him, Shelly, a handful of other dudes, and like, one other girl, maybe.

I quite enjoyed that episode... Archie did say "oh no," but the terror in his eyes at the realization that his plan didn't go the way he thought it would was something we never see in the games after defeating a Team, really.

His plan was:

1. Awaken Primal Kyogre
2. "Destroy everything!"

How else was it going to go?

I think there were some unspoken words in his command. It should've been: "Destroy everything EXCEPT Team Aqua!" Even then, Kyogre probably wouldn't have listened, but still. 8)

>expecting a primordial deity to give a damn about your commands.

Guys, this is rule one of God Summoning 101: don't do it. Really, name me one god, deity, eldritch, or cosmic being known to cause incomprehensible damage that actually didn't turn on whoever summoned them.

And yet Goku got a God of Destruction to visit him. Because Beerus had a dream about Super Saiyan God. Goku broke the rules and it wasn't even his fault. :T

Maxie seems to have no problems with summoning Groudon.

And yet Goku got a God of Destruction to visit him. Because Beerus had a dream about Super Saiyan God. Goku broke the rules and it wasn't even his fault. :T

Because naturally, being the strongest being in the universe, you're eventually gonna have a literal god of whatever show up on your doorstep and challenge that notion.

What I was more going for was: some god was sealed away centuries ago, was freed, and thought, "y'know, I should really do what these guys say."

And I'm not even sure if Kyogre and Groudon count as gods in the context of the pokemon universe.

As opposed to Dialga and Palkia, with their control of time and space, Kyogre and Groudon can "only" make it rain or dry up the land. So, I guess by comparison, they aren't really gods.

Either way, I get your point.
"I'm a super-powerful god with control over practically the universe!"
"Hey, I have this item that's supposed to control you so yeah listen to me."
"....."

>expecting a primordial deity to give a damn about your commands.

Guys, this is rule one of God Summoning 101: don't do it. Really, name me one god, deity, eldritch, or cosmic being known to cause incomprehensible damage that actually didn't turn on whoever summoned them.
I know this probably doesn't count since it was a D&D campaign, but a group I was in managed to summon a demon lord of the 7th hell. The look on the DM's face when he rolled a 1 to decide what the demon lord would do was priceless. The demon lord took one look at our woefully hopeless party, laughed and popped back into his own dimension without destroying anything.

Needless to say, our summoner was given a very stern talking to after that.

I've seen worse from reckless psychics. One of the longest-running characters I GM'd was a dedicated pyromancer - and her player had a habit of throwing around as much fire as possible at any given moment. The incident that comes to mind involved her accidentally setting fire to teammate, exploding the glass floor they were fighting on, accidentally summoning a rain of blood - and when I made her re-roll that, since it would have saved her teammate, accidentally summoning a rain of blood again. All in the same five-second slice of combat

So I'm trying to make a scalie waifu team on Showdown as a joke. Anyone want to help? So far my team is: Charizard; Kangaskhan; Nidoqueen; Milotic; Serperior; and Goodra.

I was thinking of adding Heliolisk in, because one time I visited /vp/, this one anon spammed threads that consisted purely of Heliolisk pr0n for like, several hours, but I don't know where to put her.

I'm not dead I swear. Just got busy with life and mental health. Will maybe finally post awards reviews later.

Working on another project now. Planning is both fun and an absolute pain.

Oh yeah, awards reviews. I think I only got two in all this time, and I don't remember who the other judges for my category were, so I dunno who to chase down.

*rushes to check that she posted hers*

Pfft. I'd just read the stories and say "I like this" or "I don't like that", not write a review on it.

Of course, you guys are free to. ;)

Back
Top Bottom