• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY067: Miare Gym Battle! Satoshi VS Citron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY0??: The Lumiose Gym Battle Episode

With as many pictures as we are getting for this episode already I have to wonder if it won't be soon after Episode #60 ? I'm not sure I see this gym battle taking place in the late 70s at this point.
I'll be surprised if this episode doesn't air by the end of March. Compare it to Act III, which we know will air in Spring, and yet we've hardly seen anything from it (I think that the trailer was based on scenes from Act II and the Manon segments).

Last edited:

Yeah don't expect to see Heliolisk or the Magnets this episode folks.

How not? maybe Magneton will be skipped but Bunnelby-Heliolisk-Luxray is a possibility, I just don't think Chespin will be used here, at least it seemed Bunnelby was a tad strong since the beginning of the Kalos saga but Chespin doesn't have much experience...

With as many pictures as we are getting for this episode already I have to wonder if it won't be soon after Episode #60 ? I'm not sure I see this gym battle taking place in the late 70s at this point.
I'll be surprised if this episode doesn't air by the end of March. Compare it to Act III, which we know will air in Spring, and yet we've hardly seen anything from it (I think that the trailer was based on scenes from Act II and the Manon segments).

Although true, it also isn't impossible that Act III wasn't ordered after the gym battle. Iwane Masa'aki is a very fast animator so it's not impossible to order and air an episode before one that has been in production longer does. That being said, the fifth gym battle will probably take place before spring.

Chespin will most likely pull an Oshawott....I can see it now >.>

Since when are Magneton, Heliolisk and Luxray part of the same Pokemon line? Only Magnemite is related to Magneton, but then of course hypothetical Luxray takes care of that.

If Clemont ONLY uses his on hand Pokemon, that means Chespin, Bunnelby and Luxio/Luxray.

I assumed from your previous post that you didn't want Clemont to use any of his on-hand Pokemon, which is why I made that comment. But it seems I assumed wrong, sorry.

What? Bunnelby? What happened to Magneton, Luxio/Luxray and Heliolisk?

Well if he is using his on-hand pokemon like is currently predicted then were will see him use Luxio/Luxray soon

I'm hoping that he at least uses Heliolisk alongside Bunnelby and Luxray. While I like Chespin, this is supposed to be a Gym match rather then a regular bout between friends, and I think Heliolisk represents that better then the former due to its experience with these matches and seemingly being the lead of the group there. Plus, I'd like to see it get a good showing here as there's always the chance that it doesn't get brought along with the team, so this will be the last chance it'll get to really shine whereas Chespin will have the rest of the season for that.

And just hope this goes better than the last 2-part gym battle... :uhoh:

What? Bunnelby? What happened to Magneton, Luxio/Luxray and Heliolisk?

They made Clement into a traveling companion, that's what.

Last edited:

Hmm... it seems that Pikachu vs. Bunnelby will be the first match-up. Sounds good to me, since it means that most likely another team member will get to be the so called "star" of the battle (which is something that I hardly ever judge, since winning a Gym battle involves a teamwork and the last Pokemon shouldn't get all the glory, but I digress). Maybe the next two team members will be Hawlucha and Goomy/Sliggoo: Hawlucha could be used against Magneton and/or Heliolisk, while Goomy/Sliggoo resists electric attacks.

And why are people still saying that Pikachu is starring in all the XY Gyms? Isn't Frogadier going to "star" in the Coumarine Gym, after all?

And why are people still saying that Pikachu is starring in all the XY Gyms? Isn't Frogadier going to "star" in the Coumarine Gym, after all?

something about the Grass<Water thing?

something about the Grass<Water thing?

Well, his name appears on the title of the Coumarine Gym match, so there is an extremely high chance that he will be the last Pokemon and take the glory.

I can't wait to read the title of this episode, so that we may have a better idea of how the battle will be handled.

They made Clement into a traveling companion, that's what.

Your point?

This is supposed to be the gym battle for Ash's Voltage badge, NOT just a random battle between two traveling companions.

Just throwing this out here, but so far there is nothing to say that he won't use Heliolisk. I wouldn't be surprised if he used it, Luxio/Luxray and Bunnelby.

Seems like Goomy might be fully evolved by the gym or at least a Sliggoo although I think it's a Goodra.

In the trailer in the XY New Year's special we see Bunnelby fighting Pikachu, in the background there seems to be a giant Pokemon sitting with Serena and I believe Bonnie, this occurs after Pikachu collides with Bunnelby and the camera focuses on Pikachu and shows the audience.

But here's a few things.

A.) Why Goodra why not Sliggoo? A lot of people are saying that it doesn't match Goodra's coloring very well, but I suggest it only appears that way because it is sitting down, therefore the "barrier" blocking the view would conceal part of the Pokemon. Not to mention it's gigantic and if it's Sliggoo, Goodra must be Godzilla size.

B.) Why is "Goodra" sitting in the audience and not with Ash? This concerns me since against Clemont was the best gym for the dragon type, and it isn't being used against Ramos. So why would this happen? I'm not sure but I'm having my doubts on the whole Ash getting Goomy. It makes sense, everything is pointing to it, but why is it that Bonnie is so attached to Goomy?

Last edited:

Out of Citron's pokemons, Chespin isn't his strongest (I know he uses it the most often, but Bunnelby is a way better battler). So I think Chespin won't be used for the gym battle

He'd use one of his gym pokemons, possibly Heliolisk, and of course Luxray.

As for Ash, I'm guessing Pikachu, Frogadier or Hawlucha, and Goomy/Sliggoo. It's possible Frogadier has Protean, which could help him with his weakness. Hawlucha might be a good option if he's the one battling Heliolisk.

Goomy/Sliggoo should at least participate.

A sneak peek of Lumiose gym battle:

[video=youtube;0k7JXtWa-PQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k7JXtWa-PQ[/video]

You can also hear the new opening theme, it sounds nice imo.

Dear Lord, that's a Hell of a lot of BANK animation there. It'll save drawings for the rest of the fight, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom