• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first Pokemon game?

First Pokemon game played?

• Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Silver/Gold/Diamond

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Black and white

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Current gen

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
(That should be Crystal on the second row)

I was introduced by the Kanto era anime, but the first game I had personally was Silver.

My first game was Platinum (it wasn't in the poll so I voted for Diamond and Pearl). I also remember playing Pokemon Yellow a few times when I was little, but it never saved so I didn't get past Viridian forest.

I started with Silver, which I got along with a Game Boy Color for Christmas in 2000. I was a fan of the anime and TCG for a few years before then though, I just didn't play the games because my parents were opposed to me playing video games for quite some time.

My first game was Sapphire. I remember it was a gift from one of my relatives. I think most of them already knew that it's what I wanted.

I don't quite remember, but my very first Pokemon game was either Pokemon FireRed or Pokemon Emerald. I chose Torchic on Pokemon Emerald, and beat Pokemon Emerald first, using my evolved and unbelievably ridiculously high Level (Lv.95) Blaziken, and a newly caught Rayquaza near the end of the game.
I could never get past Misty in Pokemon FireRed however, despite me getting lucky and catching a Pikachu in Viridian Forest. I chose Charmander as my starter on FireRed, and it evolved into a Charmeleon by the time I got to Cerulean City.

Both are in Generation III though, so I guess it's sort of the same thing.

My first was gen 3 two years after its release in the states and I got my very first pink gameboy sp. When I was younger my parents thought having a gameboy was for boys and not for girls. ( but I had plushes and Pokemon shirts :p ) so I wasn't able to play until I was much older. I've played Pokemon ever since and I've played the older games but the rom versions. Yea it's not as nostalgic as playing with the physical version but that was good enough for me since I wasn't able to in the past. I remember for gen 3 I always chose torchic because May had one

My very first Pokemon game was LeafGreen. My second one was Sapphire. I spent sooo many hours on that pearly-pink GBA sp, playing those two games...

Late 2004 - The first game I played was Fire Red, my uncle found DS that someone forgot in a bank - inside had Fire Red and Mario 64. A few weeks later, my grandma found Ruby in a hotel room that I'm guessing someone forgot.

Not sure what happened to those two games, I lost them years ago.

Gen II is Gold/Silver/Crystal, right?

But mine was Silver emulated on a 100Mhz Pentium.

I had a Game Boy with Lego Racer, but it was much later, after I sold my Game Boy that I bought a Game Boy with Pokemon Blue.

I'd played a borrowed copy of Red. The first game I owned was Sapphire.

My first game was yellow on the gameboy advanced cause I had no gameboy color. The one after was Y about a year ago. Huge gap, but I've played every Gen except 5

I was introduced through the TCG. The first Pokémon game I've played was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness and first main series was Pokémon Diamond.

Silver was my first Pokemon game, which I bought second-hand, but I still loved it.

My older cousin showed me Blue when I was about 7 or 8, and let me play on his save file for a little bit. He also showed me missingno that same night. I was forever changed and got my first copy of Red soon after. Still one of the best gifts I've ever gotten

I believe it was Red Version, but I'm going off of vague memories. Nonetheless, been playing these games since 1998, and don't see myself stopping.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom