• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could compare Ash and May to any other romance from history, mythology, or literature, which one would it be?

I don't know, really... To be honest, I don't think I could compare them. I don't consider Advanceshipping magical or a legendary kind of romance or anything like that. I think they're both down to earth and just click perfectly together - nothing extraordinary, nothing out of this world - just two people who mesh really well together and make a great couple.

That's not to say I don't think their relationship would be special, but I think they're the couple that wouldn't go down in the history books: they're just a couple who you probably wouldn't even notice on the street, keeping to themselves and forever remaining happy by spending their lives together.

i agree, well think about it...ADV is too good to be compared as a romance in the myths, legends, magical stories, why? cause its that unique and special!!! but they would go down in history...well just in the pokemon world not in real life...although that would be interesting; we learn the history of pokemon...that i can focus on...but you get my point that ADV is too unique to be compared to other romances in books/movies

If you could compare Ash and May to any other romance from history, mythology, or literature, which one would it be?
I don't think I could compare May's & Ash's relationship with any other.
As someone said, their relationship is unique and different than others which is why its special :)

Oh and about Romeo & Juliet
Ash & May sure remind me of Peter Pan the movie (no not the disney version xD, the real life 2003 version)
with Ash (Peter) being completely clueless & dense about love while May (Wendy) is trying to make him notice her xD

contestadvance-1.jpg

N'AWWW <3 I love Kame-Ash's art :3

I just wish they battled each other in the Wallace Cup >>" It'll be epic..

Actually, I was happy that Dawn won -Don't hurt me!- *flinches* I just wish that there were more Advance hints in those episodes.

Pics:
as21.jpg

283.jpg

So...are there any topics?

Here's one.

Drew is often portrayed in AS stories as a creepy stalker, pervert, or both (not pointing any fingers). But think about this: what if Drew were secretly HELPING AS along by trying to make Ash jealous of him? This is my challenge: write a story with this scenario in mind.

^I'm not a fanfic writer but thats an interesting and new topic.

It seems that all of the great AS fanfics potray Drew as a bastard. Which is quite unfortunate though.

^
Die For Our Ship really is a bitch. I really like AS, but I simply can't read a fic that turns one of my favorite characters into a self-centered jerk needlessly, just because it somehow "helps" the Ship along. I turned Drew into a villain in my fic, but it was to provide an important plot pint later in the story. I also poked fun at writers who turn him into a pervert who only wants one thing from May. ;)

^I'm not a fanfic writer but thats an interesting and new topic.

It seems that all of the great AS fanfics potray Drew as a bastard. Which is quite unfortunate though.

Unfortunate indeed. I mean there are other options than making Drew a jerk/pervert/etc. Why not make him secretly trying to get Ash jealous and help AdvanceShipping? Why not make him fall in love with another girl? preferably Brinanna? Those are better than making him something horrible.

In "The Man Who Can't Be Moved", Uza-chan and I made Drew help May realize she loves Ash, although indirectly.

Here's one.

Drew is often portrayed in AS stories as a creepy stalker, pervert, or both (not pointing any fingers). But think about this: what if Drew were secretly HELPING AS along by trying to make Ash jealous of him? This is my challenge: write a story with this scenario in mind.

^
Die For Our Ship really is a bitch. I really like AS, but I simply can't read a fic that turns one of my favorite characters into a self-centered jerk needlessly, just because it somehow "helps" the Ship along. I turned Drew into a villain in my fic, but it was to provide an important plot point later in the story. I also poked fun at writers who turn him into a pervert who only wants one thing from May. ;)

hmm...i like this topic...but i dont know if i'll do a good job on it if i do it like a fanfic....and somehow if i make it into a fanfic i would make him a jerk but in a serious tone...yea something like that, but i really dont like Drew, but not as much as Paul (dont like characters in pokemon that are cold-hearted to pokemon...not cool at all)

anyway i would like to read your fic. seems very interesting to read :ksmile:

anyway i would like to read your fic. seems very interesting to read :ksmile:

It's not an AS fic, to be sure, but I thought that since Drew is so often vilified in Poke-fanfiction, why not parody that and, indeed, turn it up to 11 by making him a Team Rocket sleeper agent, of all things?

It's not an AS fic, to be sure, but I thought that since Drew is so often vilified in Poke-fanfiction, why not parody that and, indeed, turn it up to 11 by making him a Team Rocket sleeper agent, of all things?

oh, but still i wanna read it anyway even though its my first time reading a fanfic thats not about AS *dodges a shot* phew that was close :phew:

Well, the link is in my sig. There's also a prequel called the Ash Ketchum Chronicles that you may want to read first. [/shameless plug is shameless]

Anyway, I eagerly await the fics of those of you who'd write them.

I'm not writing a fic like that....why?....i'll get sidetracked from Southlands and then my fangirls will kill me >.>

I have to agree, Drew is often more villified than he should be. Honestly, PMADV even villified him, even though he does have Drew ask for forgiveness (if you don't know what I referring too... you need to read more on FF.net). So I feel he has gotten a bit more schtick than he was due.

actually, personally, i don't detest Drew. I actually found him to be a decent character - arrogance and being a major part of contestshipping otherwise. i never really hated other ships either....though at times the supporters of such ships can make me irritated >< nevertheless, you pose a good topic Jabberwock. i'll probably take up on that fanfic idea.....it would be nice to have Drew as an ADVshipper :D of course, in my real fic, Drew isn't the "bad guy"...he just gives way to Ash's jealousy. doesn't mean he's that bad though ;]

@DD - nice statue - a lot better than mine :]

picture.php

omy goodness, love this screenshot. may touching ash's shoulder....and ash's expression is key here. now if only he was blushing....*is shot* xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom