• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AirplaneShipping - Kamitsure (Elesa) x Fuuro (Skyla)

Egoistical Machine

Quench the Fire
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'd like to hear your thoughts about this sweet yuri couple, Kamitsure x Fuuro! I won't lie, I'm a fangirl when it comes to these two. Individually, they already are awesome characters, I don't even need to say what they are when together! Hell, a pilot girl who owns an entire airport and a technologic model girl... I cannot express my feelings, I cannot. You know, they are canonically close friends... take that as you will. Don't tell me you can't see it... Fuuro has clearly a weakness for Kamitsure... she trains Flying-types and her "friend" trains Electric-types... hahaha... remember what she says at Shirona's villa? "I get along well with Elesa, but Pokémon battles are a different story! If you're not super prepared, your battles with Electric types will leave you in shock!" (exact quote taken from Bulbapedia.) What do you think about that? I sense something hiding in it... hehe... take that as you will, again. Anyway, if you had some nice fantasy about them, or found some nice fan art or fanfiction, please share! I'll start things off: I always imagine Fuuro taking Kamitsure out on a date by gifting her with a romantic and breathtaking ride on a small plane. As they fly together, they look at the beautiful Isshu region from above, commenting on the view... Sweetness overload.
And last, a fan art. This is my favourite one. It overflows with cuteness and sweetness. (NOTE: it contains a bit of partial nudity, however, not of a sexual nature. I think it should be fine, but if you find it inappropriate, tell me, and I'll remove it.)

Here: Pokémon.full.1068418.jpg

Source: 「dressing room_5a」/「シノヤ」のイラスト [pixiv]

Omg, WHY was there not a thread for this already?!

Easily my second favorite yuri pairing from Pokemon. There is SO much adorable art of them, and they were even in a promotion a while ago at the Pokemon Center together!

2qivb85.png

There's more where that came from, but this was just my favorite :3

And your image is fine, that is probably my favorite art of them, ever, actually *___*

Last edited:
this ship is so cute! c:

let's see, a topic of discussion....
How do you think Elesa & Skyla would initially get together?
i think they would meet at skyla's gym leader initiation ceremony & hit it off as "just friends" first. sort of a slow build type of relationship. eventually elesa would recognize her true feelings, but for a while she would be too nervous to act on it. lots of angst and anxiety and "i'll just keep it to myself b/c i don't want to ruin our friendship." and then when she finally confesses skyla would be like "you want to date me? yeah okay sure!" and just generally nonchalant about it. hehe

i'm trying to create an airplaneshipping album but photobucket is being a butt. :I
i'll post when i've finally managed to wrangle it together.

in the meantime, here's one pic that i really love!

How do you think Elesa & Skyla would initially get together?
i think they would meet at skyla's gym leader initiation ceremony & hit it off as "just friends" first. sort of a slow build type of relationship. eventually elesa would recognize her true feelings, but for a while she would be too nervous to act on it. lots of angst and anxiety and "i'll just keep it to myself b/c i don't want to ruin our friendship." and then when she finally confesses skyla would be like "you want to date me? yeah okay sure!" and just generally nonchalant about it. hehe

Mmh, nice topic! Right, I interpret Kamitsure as being tsundere as well, and Fuuro as being natural and carefree. Anyway, for some reason, I always thought those two had run into each other even before they achieved their positions as gym leaders. I like to see them as old friends, maybe even childhood friends. It would be so overwhelmingly adorable if they had been close for such a long time. It'd make their love bond all the more strong, too.

Last edited:
To me, this pairing has a metaphorical symbolism: thunder and lightning. Kamitsure (Elesa) is the thunder while Fuuro (Skyla) is the lightning.

alright~
airplaneshipping fanart album!
not as much there as there technically could be, but i'm very picky when it comes to art ;o

are there any good fics for this ship? i browsed through ffnet but couldn't find anything worthwhile... such is life, i suppose :')

.....wow, with all the posts on gamefaqs and fansites, I'm surprised this tread didn't exist until now.

also, we need Timeskip Elesa art.

11 years later: The ship is getting bigger and bigger, thanks to Pokémon Masters EX.

it rly has! i already knew a lot of fans of this pairing beforehand but they've really come to be a very recognized pairing in the pokemon fandom and im glad that we're seeing so many popular yuri pairings nowadays :bulbaLove:

they are SO damn cute, it's unreal. it's hard for me to properly articulate my feelings on them other than that i fully and firmly believe that they are absolutely soulmates.
fun fact -- aside from her relationship with skyla, did you know elesa is directly coded as/implied to be a lesbian, or at least sapphic? o: i don't know if tpci is ever going to be bold enough to confirm a character as not being heterosexual, or canonize a same-sex relationship (though i've heard something about hardenshipping being canon? could someone confirm the validity of this?), but the implications are definitely there which is cool.. (and also definitely lends credence to the idea of skyla and elesa being a couple -- though come on, they're super adorable either way!)

though i've heard something about hardenshipping being canon? could someone confirm the validity of this?
i actually know this one! it stems from a tweet from the official jp pokemon account made near valentines day in 2016, where archie and maxie's tcg cards were edited together in a heart, and the caption describes them as being close(i think thats what it says, but my japanese isnt perfect so take it with a grain of salt)

also im kinda curious :o what is the coding mentioned here for elesa referring to? i already personally hc her as sapphic but i didnt know it was canonically implied beyond just how close she is with skyla

also im kinda curious :o what is the coding mentioned here for elesa referring to? i already personally hc her as sapphic but i didnt know it was canonically implied beyond just how close she is with skyla
i know there's something else please forgive me for forgetting it T_T but. . .

you probably know this but in japan there's a holiday quite similar to valentine's day? called white day! and usually in the west vday is about/associated with ppl giving gifts to those they have non-platonic attraction to, whereas in japan vday is specifically (typically) for women giving gifts to men they're attracted to, while white day, which takes place a month later, is about men giving gifts to women they're attracted to as WELL as "return gifts," so to speak, to the women who presented them with gifts on valentine's day.
1710339026418.png
so here we can see elesa giving a gift to someone... presumably chocolates, in a conspicious heart-shaped box wrapped with a cute ribbon. now, because white day is about women being those to receive gifts, and elesa being the one giving the present, elesa is almost certainly giving the chocolate... or whatever the box contains, to another woman.
so there are two ways you can interpret it:
  • 1: elesa is giving the present to a woman she is interested in
  • 2: elesa is giving a return gift to a woman who gave her a present on valentine's day, which is the holiday in which women give presents
either way, it definitely implies elesa is sapphic, i would think? though i might be reading too much into things as typical, i dunno d:
1710339502426.png

i see! it's nice to know that there is some actual official basis for it! honestly, even if a lot of it isnt confirmed or there's plausible deniability, i do think the pokemon franchise while it kinda shies away from explicitly stating (major) characters are lgbt they've never shied away from implying it.

i see! it's nice to know that there is some actual official basis for it! honestly, even if a lot of it isnt confirmed or there's plausible deniability, i do think the pokemon franchise while it kinda shies away from explicitly stating (major) characters are lgbt they've never shied away from implying it.
mhm mhm! penny is probably my go-to example for that? also her comment about her brain "glitching out" over the scvi mom in mochi mayhem killed me a little bit. in a good way
either way that is.. part of my pro-airplane argument but more importantly. it's pure and adorable and cute and i think they should get married (though they probably are already!!!)

What does sapphic mean? I got lost haha.

The topic of Skyla X Elesa becomes interesting, do you really think they can be taken as couples?

P.S: We revived a chat from more than 10 years ago lol

What does sapphic mean? I got lost haha.
sapphic refers to women attracted to women -- this means that the term includes lesbians as well as women under the bi umbrella.
The topic of Skyla X Elesa becomes interesting, do you really think they can be taken as couples?

P.S: We revived a chat from more than 10 years ago lol
hehe yeah we did- i interpret them as a couple, and i definitely like the idea of them being in a relationship..

I already looked, so Elesa canonically likes women, hmm.

Seeing the way Elesa talks to Skyla in the memory link, I see the ship gaining more strength, this is epic.

Back
Top Bottom