• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Favourite Alolan form so far?

• Total voters
If we don't get Alola Psyduck/Golduck that is Water/Psychic, I will be immensely disappointed. Even if they limit themselves to first generation Pokemon, which would already be disappointing on its own, that seems like one of the best candidates for a new form. It really should have been Water/Psychic from the start and this would be the perfect opportunity to give it that typing. That and Arcanine are really the main first Generation Pokemon that I'd like to see getting Alola forms at the moment.

I do like the idea of Alola Parasect being freed from the mushroom's control and Alola Diglett/Dugtrio showing their feet would be kind of cute.

If we don't get Alola Psyduck/Golduck that is Water/Psychic, I will be immensely disappointed. Even if they limit themselves to first generation Pokemon, which would already be disappointing on its own, that seems like one of the best candidates for a new form. It really should have been Water/Psychic from the start and this would be the perfect opportunity to give it that typing. That and Arcanine are really the main first Generation Pokemon that I'd like to see getting Alola forms at the moment.

I do like the idea of Alola Parasect being freed from the mushroom's control and Alola Diglett/Dugtrio showing their feet would be kind of cute.
I too would have like to see Psyduck line get Water/Psychic. I mean it can learn psychic moves so it confused me on why it never got Psychic type in the first place. Further more an Alola Noctowl that is Psychic/Flying would ideal in my opinion.

I don't think that there is an Alolan Psyduck or Golduck since the Japanese Pokémon website posted information about the regular Psyduck and Golduck. From what I understand, any Pokémon posted on the website don't have an Alolan form and I believe that means that there is no Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine as well.

I don't think that there is an Alolan Psyduck or Golduck since the Japanese Pokémon website posted information about the regular Psyduck and Golduck. From what I understand, any Pokémon posted on the website don't have an Alolan form and I believe that means that there is no Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine as well.

If that's the case, then darn it. That would be quite disappointing.

If that's the case, then darn it. That would be quite disappointing.
I actually Agree with you on this one; It'd be COMPLETELY Wasted potential NOT to include:
A. A Water-type Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine
B. Water/Psychic Type Golduck
along with things that I don't know if YOU particually want, But I DO know that I must certainly do want:
C. An Alolan form Spearow and Fearow(as a foil to Mega Pidgeot)
D. An Alolan form Butterfree(as a Foil to Mega Beedrill)

Alright I've been thinking of this a bit lately and a thing I'd really like would be alolan Scyther. Alolan scyther would actually not differ too much from "regular" scyther, its stats would maybe fluctuate a bit, some design tweaks and such and maybe it can finally learn fly, but the real fun part comes with the evolution. See, as scyther adapted in alola it changed so much, that it can now naturally evolve without the need for a held item or trading. It evolves into a new pokemon, which is Bug/Dragon and has a bigger BST than Scyther and Scizor. Maybe something like this: 75/130/90/55/90/120 (BST 560). I would really enjoy this as it symbolises the adaptation to alola a bit more than "just" a type-change, and I always thought Scyther -> Scizor is more a mode-change than an actual evolution, due to them having the same BST.

I would really like some alolan forms, where it wasn't just the same evolution line but with a different typing, but the whole line kind of adapted. That is why I also find the idea of Alolan Meowth not evolving intriguing (although not likely, because that would probably make it pretty weak.)

Bug/Dragon Alolan Yanmega please. I don't care if the official explanation for this change is as vague as Alolan Raichu's, I want this.

I wouldn't expect it. It makes sense in the West because the species is named "dragonfly" in English, but the Japanese word for dragonfly has no connection to dragons.

notice how regular Raichu gets Signal Beam and some dark type moves,
interesting will be to see how alolan raichu evolves and if regular Raichu learns more moves to counter it's other form?
with Lighting Rod hiden ability its getting the posibility to neutralize one problem even if Z-moves will come in play.

I wouldn't expect it. It makes sense in the West because the species is named "dragonfly" in English, but the Japanese word for dragonfly has no connection to dragons.

Well then explain to me why Flygon, a pokemon that is based on an antlion, which have no relation to dragons besides them imitating dragonflies, is dragon-typing?

Alolan Durant: Bug/Ground or Steel/Ground. In order to escape its natural enemy, Heatmor, it has adapted to life underground.

Last edited:

Is there an official mention of this rule? Can somebody enlighten me? I don't recall seeing it officially, but I remember seeing this rule from the leaks.

In the real world, those who adapted coexist with the unadapted form, so I hope it would follow this instead.

Is there an official mention of this rule? Can somebody enlighten me? I don't recall seeing it officially, but I remember seeing this rule from the leaks.

In the real world, those who adapted coexist with the unadapted form, so I hope it would follow this instead.

It's becuase they're known as Regional Variants, which sort of implies the variation affects all of the species native to the area.

Back
Top Bottom