• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Night 1]

besides, just coming right out and saying "I'm Team Avatar" like that is something even I know is pretty unusual.
I don't really see how this is any different - and therefore any more shocking - than point-blank saying "I'm innocent" in any other game.

In any case, I've found in the past that a lot of times mafioso don't blatantly claim to be innocent. I guess the mentality is that it's easier to stick to the truth than sticking to a lie, so rather than telling a blatant lie and risking slipping up somewhere along the way, you tell half-truths or just male allusions to being innocent. But maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way?

I was never good in debates. >_<

While Umeko does sound a tiny bit suspicious, I guess she has a point. I can't wait until we get a first kill! :D

Hmm... not lynching anyone sometimes can bring us benefits. However, it might also mean that the mafia gets extra time.

I guess we'll have to... umm... vote carefully? That is obvious advice, but at least, blind voting will not end well.

OK, sorry for day 1 inactivity. I'll play day two on, alright?
I would have voted No Lynch anyway, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Also, I know that Katara is not the healer/doctor/reviver.

EDIT: Since I can't send PMs yet, I'll post it here.
Idling- Night 1
I have decided to not use my night move.

When I read your post out of context, I agreed with you. Now... not so much. While I agree with you in that Solaris' switching was... strange, it's better to have your vote count than to not.

In this particular case, there was no time left for a radical change. If it makes no difference, I see it as much easier not voting and just remaining obstinate. In my experience so far I've seen many people like this. One went so far as to post a screenshot of his role PM because he hated losing so much. He got godkilled :-/

To me, it just seems like a false facade.

Seeing all these really long posts... Makes me not want to read them. [/is lazy]

Also, it would be cool if I could have my vote to myself next day.

I was referring to "@mod" as in moderator of the game (Game Master). :V Doing that and bolding it is the fastest way to get attention from the mod (and The Puppetmaster has already responded so).

Use the term "host" next time to avoid confusion ;)

OK, sorry for day 1 inactivity. I'll play day two on, alright?
I would have voted No Lynch anyway, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Idling- Night 1
I have decided to not use my night move.

just welcome everyone there! >.<

But I dont get how are you so sure katara is not the doctor....
maybe im missing something :/

I've had people hit me really hard in the past for less than that. Nearly got lynched in my first mafia game for a poorly-worded question. :-/ I just see it as staying on my toes; besides, just coming right out and saying "I'm Team Avatar" like that is something even I know is pretty unusual.

Well, then those people are wrong for hitting you that hard -- it may be the demeanor in which it was stated, but other than some vague murkiness on the part of Umeko, I didn't see anything that really made her seem scummy.

In any case, I've found in the past that a lot of times mafioso don't blatantly claim to be innocent. I guess the mentality is that it's easier to stick to the truth than sticking to a lie, so rather than telling a blatant lie and risking slipping up somewhere along the way, you tell half-truths or just male allusions to being innocent. But maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way?

Not necessarily -- remember my attempt in Rayne's game, or my successful attempt in Mijzelffan's game? I wouldn't necessarily assume that just because someone claims town, that means that they're town. Whenever I'm mafia, although I'm not in this game, I always claim town, because that's how I've done it in the past (namely on IRC channels)

I can't wait until we get a first kill! :D

Okay, hold on here. This statement really set off my mafia radar. First off, Tsutarja used the first person plural, implying that they were involved in the first killing -- not necessarily bad for day, but when the first death is in the night...

THANKS FOR TELLING THE MAFIA. Things like this are best kept under the radar, fyi.

Get to the point at which you can send PMs, go make a bunch of posts in the rest of the fora... let's not tell the mafia anything about anyone's role. If you can't send another PM by the time you get to Night 2, see if you can send an email to The Puppetmaster instead.

Well... How does everyone feel about the sequel coming out? The legend of Korra.

Not necessarily -- remember my attempt in Rayne's game, or my successful attempt in Mijzelffan's game? I wouldn't necessarily assume that just because someone claims town, that means that they're town. Whenever I'm mafia, although I'm not in this game, I always claim town, because that's how I've done it in the past (namely on IRC channels)

I didn't mean to imply that there weren't exceptions to the rule - I claimed town myself in the Harry Potter mafia. I just said that's how it usually seems to go. It's certainly not 100% certain that claiming town = actually town; far from it.

im mafia!!!
wait......
thats not how it works -_-

Well... How does everyone feel about the sequel coming out? The legend of Korra.

Oh hell yes I want to see it! I call dibs on that mafia game!

Katara doesn't seem like a Healer/Doctor to me. She seems more offensive. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

My role is pretty useless anyway.

From now on, I'll only post when I'm voting.

And I don't care if I win or not. This game is just for fun, right?

Katara doesn't seem like a Healer/Doctor to me. She seems more offensive. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

winning is nice though, although unnessesary. This is coming from a person whos only won 1 Mafia, and only because of a lucky circumstance.

My role is pretty useless anyway.

it looks pretty doctorish if you ask me.....

Legend of Korra is going to be so badass. Female avatar? Learning Airbending? In a steampunk future? :XD2: You bet your ass I'll be watching this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom