• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

I cleared the game and was working on something while the ending credits rolled. When I came back to check it, there were words written in the lower screen, saying some inspirational things.

It felt cheesy and awkward, but those did seem like nice words. Shame I missed half of them.
That...was one long awkward moment. I can honestly say I'm glad I beat the game at home because I found myself choking up during the credits. ;-;

In that three star restaurant in Lumiose, there's that maid who asks do I need restroom...and when I say yes, the screen becomes black for a brief moment, and the maid says I only need to ask her if I need facilities again.
That's...kinda awkward.

Running into a horde of Nosepass on Route 10. I'm just sitting and staring at them awkwardly. xD. They look so awkward and goofy. >3<

Got another one: The first time I saw Bibarel's new model. Not even Mr. Mime reached that far into the uncanny valley.

I was playing on my Y version at night in my room, without connecting to the Wi-Fi.

Suddenly, a person pops up on the PSS as a passerby trainer.

I don't know how far the 3DS can detect other players without Wi-Fi, but it means one of my neighbors are playing pokemon o_O

I stared at the passerby trainer online, immediately saved and turned off the game.

Super awkward.

The first moment meeting Team Flare, where you hope these are just the idiots of the group. The second time meeting Team Flare, when you realize just how far the "bad guys" have fallen compared to Team Plasma. The third time meeting Team Flare, when you decide these guys gotta die.

Doesn't get more awkward than deciding who lives and who dies in a children's game. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who shouted "Finish them Greninja!"

The first moment meeting Team Flare, where you hope these are just the idiots of the group. The second time meeting Team Flare, when you realize just how far the "bad guys" have fallen compared to Team Plasma. The third time meeting Team Flare, when you decide these guys gotta die.

Doesn't get more awkward than deciding who lives and who dies in a children's game. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who shouted "Finish them Greninja!"
Even worse? That awkward moment when you watch the ultimate weapon fire, watch the houses in Geosenge and catch yourself worrying not about the people, but the Pokemon on Route 10. (Yeah, I was freaking out, thinking that some poor Golett somewhere might have gotten hurt because of all this. I am a sad human being.)

After doing some GTS wheeling/dealing I started grinding my five Scatterbugs using my Zoroark and one of my Safaris.

One Audino later....

Scatterbug reached Lv.3!
Scatterbug reached Lv.4!
Scatterbug reached Lv.5!
Scatterbug reached Lv.6! Scatterbug learned Stun Spore!
Scatterbug reached Lv.7!
Scatterbug reached Lv.8!

(repeat four more times)

What? Scatterbug is evolving!
Spewpa learned Protect!

(repeat four more times)

. . . Okay, I am never doing that again.

When visiting the girl in Anistar who tells the player a Pokémon's memory, sometimes I question the fondness of that memory.

For example, my Vaporeon's fondest memory? Me using the Dazzling Gleam TM. o_O

Definitely the fireworks scene for me, which was made more awkward since I'm playing as the girl.

I'd take N's ferris wheel ride over that scene any day XD

Yuri romance? In MY Pokemans? Love it!

Thought the robot maid in the Chateau was weird? What about a gentleman (who is a Count) who uses that Machoke and Fraxure? His manner of speaking makes me wonder if he thought he was a Pokémon and Gentleman was his species instead of his trainer class. He is a rather awkward encounter... o_O

I was in Battle Maison, I had a Male Zoroark in the front of my party, with my Female Espeon Blue Even though she's not the color Blue, and the Blue I use in roleplay is male and the Jynx ;~; used attract on the Zoroark.

"Blue is immobilized by love!"

If you think THAT'S awkward, check out the Barons and Viscounts. They're pretty much all RICH BOYS. Ironcally, most of them are fucking jerks and are broke. And their trainer sprite in-battle...*shudder* They just want to have you for sex by the way they look. Touching their hair, staring sexfully at you...GEUGH!

Also, the Battle Subway/Maison (yes, the Maison has recycled text. :C) trainers sometimes are sad, scary and weird. For example...

(before battling a male Pokefan, this is what I think he said)

This is for my job at the branch office!

(after beating him)

Good bye son! I'll remember this!

...WOW. HE LOST HIS JOB SO NOW HE HAS TO ABANDON HIS BABY SON. :'C

The first time I saw a Male Gogoat use milk drink. Now seeing Miltank drink from itself doesn't seem so awkward anymore.

The first time I found a shiny in a Friend Safari. I was like, "What the slag just happened?!" Even worse, it was a Druddigon so that in and of itself can be a bit awkward.

Oh and running into a shiny Phantump last night. I wasn't looking for that particular shiny so it was kind of a weird moment.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom