• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Azure Flute

Axxonn

Owning all your base
Reaction score
If HGSS is already out, and BW is right around the corner...does this mean we're not getting an Azure Flute event?

Most likely. Considering the Member's Card and the Oak's Letter distributions were mere months apart, I couldn't see them waiting years to release the Azure Flute. I doubt we'll ever get it.

They could still do it, probably even after B&W come out; but it's looking less likely.

I do wonder why they included the ability to go back to the Sinjoh Ruins for a second time if you go with the Hall of Origin Arceus, though. Why bother doing that, if they weren't planning to give out the flute at some point?

this annoys me too. I got the HG SS event Arceus, but it feels wrong, I just received it, I want to actually have to battle and catch it, and prove myself. It just feels nicer if you go to the effort of catching it. If they don't release it before B/W then they aren't going to, and I might have to gameshark it, which will make me feel awful

It makes me wonder if the Azure Flute was only a beta item, and you can only obtain it by hacking. Figure it out, it was never released as an event item, and it exists in the games coding. It's pretty strange.

It makes me wonder if the Azure Flute was only a beta item, and you can only obtain it by hacking. Figure it out, it was never released as an event item, and it exists in the games coding. It's pretty strange.

It's not really a beta item; because it does do things in the game if you actually get one. There's a whole area you can't get to without it.

I suppose it's possible that they don't want to allow Arceus to have over 100 EVs in a single stat, but that seems unnecessary when it is banned from the Battle Frontier and official tournaments.

Pokenerd15 said:
Why make a whole item and then just not release it?
That sadly goes for the Lock Capsule, as well.

It's not really a beta item; because it does do things in the game if you actually get one. There's a whole area you can't get to without it.

But what I'm thinking is that they forgot to remove everything and only removed a few elements.

They didn't try to remove it. They had planned it for use all the time. Perhaps they figured that they could extend the event with HGSS and therefore still release it later.

But there's not much hope to it. It's planned content they don't know what to do with and may end up not doing anything.
It's only hope would be that, since Gen IV is pretty much starting to disappear, have a final event for it. But the chances of that ever happening are so low, it will be just like the GS Ball overseas and a bunch of other stuff.

Does this make Arceus less of a Pokemon than the rest? Being the only one never released internationally, I mean.

Arceus events were available in most (all?) regions that the game is distributed too.

Though specific countries, or those that rely on secondary imports (i.e importing from a country who imports from Japan), may not have had access, to an event Arceus.

I find this more argument for the abolishing of event-only pokémon.

Arceus events were available in most (all?) regions that the game is distributed too.

Though specific countries, or those that rely on secondary imports (i.e importing from a country who imports from Japan), may not have had access, to an event Arceus.

I find this more argument for the abolishing of event-only pokémon.

I love events, but they should really decrease the amount of event-only pokemon. It's easy for me living in New York City, only a Subway ride away from Nintendo Zone, but if I was living in Brazil or Afghanistan (b/c for some reason it's always easy to find GTS pokemon from Afghanistan lol), there'd be nowhere to go to get many of the events.

Dont' get me wrong, I love events, but there should be more things like Rotom's form-change event, or the Enigma Stone event (that was actually a really well-thought-out event) rather than events just to get specific pokemon

I don't think the Azure flute event will ever happen. Sorry. They put it int he game and decided just to never use it. A shame really.

I love events, but they should really decrease the amount of event-only pokemon. It's easy for me living in New York City, only a Subway ride away from Nintendo Zone, but if I was living in Brazil or Afghanistan (b/c for some reason it's always easy to find GTS pokemon from Afghanistan lol), there'd be nowhere to go to get many of the events.

Dont' get me wrong, I love events, but there should be more things like Rotom's form-change event, or the Enigma Stone event (that was actually a really well-thought-out event) rather than events just to get specific pokemon

I agree with this so much. I live in London and I feel like I've missed out on a lot because the only items and pokemon I ever have likely access to are those available through mystery gift - they usually only have one place in London to go for these things and they are usually ridiculously crowded and take a long time to get to if you're not in central. I feel like I've missed an awful lot. "OTL

ANYWAY. I agree with Jabberjaw in that I just don't see it happening any more, to be honest.

It could be (well, I hope) that they want to wait it out and send it when B&W are released so that they can keep a small demand for DPPt. Anyway, I am fairly angry that they programed several events centered around it and haven't released the item yet.

I seriously can't wait for this. I mean, it's been a long time since the Gen. IV games were released, they should do it as soon as possible. Or else, Black and White will be out and nobody will care about DPPt.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom