• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the elemental punches: Thunder punch VS Ice punch VS Fire punch

Dzemo

Reaction score
Which of these punches is your favourite, please state your reason?

I voted Ice Punch. Fire is generally a special type, and Electric has Wild Charge instead. Plus, Ice Punch gets good type coverage.

I voted for Ice Punch, since it's the strongest Ice-type physical move beside Ice Burn/Freeze Shock, that no Pokémon can learn, and Icicle Crash, that only a few Pokémon can learn. The only use I can find to Fire Punch is an attack for BellyZard, and Thunder Punch is only there if you can't have Wild Charge.

Ice Punch. Basically because there are few decent and accurate physical Ice-type moves.

Maybe next time we can have LEER vs TAIL WHIP huh?

My favorite would be thunder punch, since nothing's more epic than getting punched by a thunder.

Most useful has to be ice punch though.

I went with Ice punch, since my favorite type is water.
...And we know how much use it is for them.
The coolest animation thouh is in TP IMO.

I don't like fire punch that much.
Mostly because (for me at least) it's useless.
There's always some other move to take it's place,
and usually that other move is a STAB too.

Ice Punch, because there are so few Ice types I like and are willing to use. It helps that many Pokemon I do like are able to learn the useful move.

I think that the best move out of the three is Ice Punch because it can be more useful than the other two. Not so many Pokémon get STAB from it, though.

Poor Fire Punch and Thunder Punch, they didn't get any votes ;;

Ice punch is cooler(no pun) and more useful than those punches really. And it should be used in the anime more :>

Ice Punch- I'm no competitive player, but Ice's a great offensive type, and this is one of Ice's more effective moves.

Thunder Punch, because Electric is one of my favourite types.

Ice Punch. It's guaranteed to kill Dragons or your money back.

Ice Punch because of its great coverage, and I like Ice-type attacks in general. Also, Thunderpunch is redundant because of Wild Charge nowadays, and Fire Punch is also redundant because of Flare Blitz.

Ice Punch, with Thunder Punch being a close 2nd. Back in the days of Gen 2 Ice and Thunder got me threw Lance every time.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom