• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bring Dive Back?

Bring Dive Back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole Dive-thing wasn't used as far as it could have been in R/S/E, and we could only catch two Pokémon underwater (Clamperl and Chinchou).

You forgot about Relicanth...that thing was really rare. I hated the fact that Dive was the only way to get the above Pokemon you said. Good thing D/P/Pt made them available via fishing.

Then make dig do that except on specially marked areas, like dive.

Or you could just, you know, buy escape rope.

I think we should retain all the HGSS HMs, especially whirlpool, but with the exception of Fly. I think that one has long since needed stripping of HM status. IMO it & teleport should be both made into TMs like with flash and then we'll have room for Dive to make a return.

On the subject of teleport I think it needs a complete 5th gen make-over. In battle it could act like protect and overworld it could act like fly [so im not forced to always train at least one flying type].

I so want Dive to return! ;A; Best HM ever, I swear.

And why complain about the lack of Pokemon found underwater? D: Bear in mind that not many aquatic creatures can really survive such deep pressure found down there. Ignoring the fact that many of the water Pokemon and the player should be smushed jello when they dive too...

Dive was awesome, and even if we won't get to see it in B/W, we will in the likely-to-happen R/S remakes.

Or you could just, you know, buy escape rope.

I think we should retain all the HGSS HMs, especially whirlpool, but with the exception of Fly. I think that one has long since needed stripping of HM status. IMO it & teleport should be both made into TMs like with flash and then we'll have room for Dive to make a return.

On the subject of teleport I think it needs a complete 5th gen make-over. In battle it could act like protect and overworld it could act like fly [so im not forced to always train at least one flying type].
Why strip Fly? It has always been a main HM in every mainseries game. So what's the difference if you train a flying-type or a psychic-type? :l

Why strip Fly? It has always been a main HM in every mainseries game. So what's the difference if you train a flying-type or a psychic-type? :l

I just thought it doesnt really need to be a HM since they're they're used to overcome obstacles in order to progress with the story. I mean its not like rock smash or cut, when have you ever needed Fly to progress with the story?

And this way we can have all the "real" HMs without people complaining that there are too many (well, except for Defog, but who really cares about that one anyway).

Also, there're lots of people who think psychic is a much better type than flying, so cater for them a bit.

I just thought it doesnt really need to be a HM since they're they're used to overcome obstacles in order to progress with the story. I mean its not like rock smash or cut, when have you ever needed Fly to progress with the story?

And this way we can have all the "real" HMs without people complaining that there are too many (well, except for Defog, but who really cares about that one anyway).

Also, there're lots of people who think psychic is a much better type than flying, so cater for them a bit.
Well.. Okay, it's not a HM to get rid of obstacles of some sort, but it has always been a great way to move around easily, you know?

And you didn't need fly to progress with the story, no, but still.. Would you like to walk through all the routes to get to your destination?

And.. of course Psychic is better, but that says nothing about the HM usage.

Oh god no, don't get rid of Fly... not only does it make it alot easier to travel between towns, but it's also a really good Flying-type move to use in battle as well. Raise your hand if you found it to be a tad annoying to travel through the deep snowdrifts on Route 116-117 in Sinnoh. *raises hand*

As for Dive... yes, I'd really like to see it again for the exploration part. With the improved 3D graphics on these games, it'd look pretty awesome. And for battle-wise, it's definately better than Whirpool or Defog, if ya get mah drift.:disgust:

I love Dive however they should change it a bit. Diving was fun however a bit annoying. It was hard to find where you had to go the at times and all the water Pokemon..

I voted yes, however I'd really like to see it get a more expanded use and open up methods to obtaining more than just a handful of petty water types.

Well I'd like the idea of using Dive to get into an underwater dome civilization (Still have no idea how a flying type can get to Sootopolis City though) also some other caves and dungeons would be nice too

Well I'd like the idea of using Dive to get into an underwater dome civilization (Still have no idea how a flying type can get to Sootopolis City though) also some other caves and dungeons would be nice too

Just from above? Sootopolis is just an island surrounded by cliffs. Without fly you have to dive to enter, but with fly it's a piece of cake.

Yes! bring it back, but make it an easily available TM, not HM. Maybe they could sell it in the town that has the big pokemart

They really need to bring it back. Heck, it upgraded water exploration to another level.

I do not like Dive for some reason, perhaps they can invent something new like a making a rock tunnel or maybe a whirlpool which can teleport you to another location.

I wasn't so keen on Dive, but better Dive than Rock Climb. That move was just a crappier version of Strength.
Having said that, Dive is a poor man's Surf. But I liked the extra areas. Rock Climb was just irritating, having to search for all the ledges. Especially on Mt Coronet, it was so hard to see in the snow.
So, I vote Dive for HM08!

I said no because it's just like Waterfall, because only water Pokemon can use it. This is especially stupid if you have a water starter. And even if you don't three HMs like that destroys it. Dive would be cool if it was an easily accessible HM like Hyper Beam, with more Pokemon to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom