• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bring Dive Back?

Bring Dive Back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hells yeah. With the new graphical ability, it could be so awesome. Think of all the things you could find! Pirate ships... Treasure chests... awesome deep sea creatures...

Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

... The sunken city of R'lyeh...

Dive was one of the most boring things from the most boring generation. Leave it out.

I say it deserves another shot. Plus, we can see how the DS handles underwater like that. =3

This would be a definitely good idea. I loved the aspect of diving in Saphire, so they should bring it back. Maybe, we can dive for some hidden treasure or discover an exclusive ancient pokemon.

^ Or go to an underwater dome civilization that was hidden since ancient times!

Make dive able to go to further depths. Eventually reaching some underwater ruins and other cool things. This generation's equivalent of the Unown Ruins/braille stuff should be entirely underwater.

Also make it usable in many more areas... basically anything that's open sea should have a layer for dive. Certain areas allowing you to go further down and see increasingly more bizarre underwater pokemon.

Now, exploration with that is probably going to be overkill, but that can be fixed making the underwater scene look the most interesting as possible, so at least it's boring yet pleasant.

The only problem is that there'd be too many water types... unless they make something that lives in water yet isn't a water type.

I'd love to see Dive make a return. There are many ways they could use it. I've imagined a new Unown ruin that has sunk beneath the ocean.

That would be cool, justing thinking of it in 3D. What if it was playably 3D, as in you move in all three dimension. Maybe the shoulder button could control up and down, while you control the other 2 dimesion with the D-pad. I'd really need to know more about how the game handles 3D in the first place though.

i wouldnt mind seeing dive come back it definatly added a sweet feature, and they could really improve on it by adding more than just clampearl and relicanth to catch

Dive was one of the most boring things from the most boring generation. Leave it out.

which is all opinion. some of us liked that gen and dive.

I'm all for dive, though it needs a couple of tweaks.
1.faster swim rate underwater...swimming slow was annoying
2.more pokemon
3.more areas to dive, and mayeb make dive multi-leveled. so, like, you can go down one "level" and find certain pokemon, then another "level" and...well you get it.

I said no because it's just like Waterfall, because only water Pokemon can use it. This is especially stupid if you have a water starter. And even if you don't three HMs like that destroys it. Dive would be cool if it was an easily accessible HM like Hyper Beam, with more Pokemon to find.

Not only water types can learn dive. My rayquayza knows it.

Using Dive to access a sunken city in the ocean would be awesome... and maybe make it a part of the main plot? Or just something similar to the Ruins of Alph or Soloceon Ruins, like a pit stop/point of interest sorta thing. Either way, I still think it'd be pretty cool.

Not only water types can learn dive. My rayquayza knows it.

But not everybody wants to teach a legendary an HM (though I would teach it to Lugia. I would teach it to Lugia thrice.), which means you're generally consigned to a Water-type. (seriously. Look at who can learn it. Water types and legendaries.)

What would be nice is if they came up with alternate HMs: different moves with the same overworld effects.

That would be cool, justing thinking of it in 3D. What if it was playably 3D, as in you move in all three dimension. Maybe the shoulder button could control up and down, while you control the other 2 dimesion with the D-pad. I'd really need to know more about how the game handles 3D in the first place though.

then i would only be able to go up(if up=right) because my L button dosen't work

but yes, re-add dive. it was fun to go through underwater caverns. maybe add an underwater sunken pirate ship. or, as some people suggested, and underwater dome civilization.

Hells yeah. With the new graphical ability, it could be so awesome. Think of all the things you could find! Pirate ships... Treasure chests... awesome deep sea creatures...

Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

... The sunken city of R'lyeh...

They'd probably make Cthulu a legendary. It could be the first water-only roamer.

I voted no because in my mind making dive an hm brings back one thing I absolutely hated about gen three: excessive water routes. I'd really rather not have to explore that much water, I like that most of the regions are much more landlocked and personally, I'd rather not have to go into route after route of tentacool just to get around. If they made the average amount of water routes and just let you explore them a little with dive, I guess it wouldn't be so bad though.

Yes, yes! A thousand Yes'! I would love it if the HM,Dive returned for the fifth gen. What I would like them to improve on it is to offer more water Pokemon you can catch compared to about 3 in Hoenn? Maybe make a legednary only catchable underwater...

Like explore this underwater temple..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom