• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW007: Tsutarja - Captured by Mad Love!?

To me, Tsutarja carries both traits of Ash's Treecko and the Tyrogue from Johto. For obvious reasons, the Tsutarja does not trust humans and was surprised to see humans put themselves in risk for pokemon. At the end of the episode, she doesn't even warm up to Ash. We can assume that for now Tsutarja will keep this demeanor.

Also was this attack really Grass Oath? If so, damn I hope that the other two starters learn their oath attacks so we can finally get to combination attacks.

Well, let's be fair to Ash, it isn't like he goes looking underneath his pokemon to check their gender. I mean, I wouldn't.

Anyways, Tsutaja looks strong, very strong. Ash spent more time trying to catch this pokemon, than any pokemon prior. I guess he was due one long capture, since post Mamepato, he hadn't battled for Miju or Pokabu. In fact, Miju was a gimme, same with Pokabu.

The Pokedex can't tell the gender?

To me, Tsutarja carries both traits of Ash's Treecko and the Tyrogue from Johto. For obvious reasons, the Tsutarja does not trust humans and was surprised to see humans put themselves in risk for pokemon. At the end of the episode, she doesn't even warm up to Ash. We can assume that for now Tsutarja will keep this demeanor.

Also was this attack really Grass Oath? If so, damn I hope that the other two starters learn their oath attacks so we can finally get to combination attacks.

Actually she kind of did at the end of the episode

if you look right before Ash throws the Pokeball that captured her, she smiles

I disagree. I think she warmed up to him a little, with that little smirk. However, She's easily a loner, like Ash's Treecko like you said. Actually, I disagree, she's more like Bulbasaur than Treecko.

I have to say, when Dento started cooking I started to laugh. What better way to replace Brock than with another cook! :D

Dent aka Brock 2.0. Awaiting the 5v5 Shooti battle so we can hear Dent comment on type advantages, moves, special abilities, and say "It's evolving!".

Mamepato is female which sucks since its final form becomes dull. Not very fond of its moveset either. To hell with all those ranged attacks, they're not funny! Birds are supposed to crash into things with Aerial Ace, Brave Bird and Sky Attack with severe brain damage as a result.

The animation was downright awful.

The music was incredibly one-sided as usual. Are we gonna be stuck with this music for years now? I don't know if I can endure that.

The final shot... the term "a generic team" comes to mind.

Oh BW... Up to this point, I am not impressed.

Dent aka Brock 2.0. Awaiting the 5v5 Shooti battle so we can hear Dent comment on type advantages, moves, special abilities, and say "It's evolving!".

Mamepato is female which sucks since its final form becomes dull. Not very fond of its moveset either. To hell with all those ranged attacks, they're not funny! Birds are supposed to crash into things with Aerial Ace, Brave Bird and Sky Attack with severe brain damage as a result.

The animation was downright awful.

The music was incredibly one-sided as usual. Are we gonna be stuck with this music for years now? I don't know if I can endure that.

The final shot... the term "a generic team" comes to mind.

Oh BW... Up to this point, I am not impressed.

images

I disagree. I think she warmed up to him a little, with that little smirk. However, She's easily a loner, like Ash's Treecko like you said. Actually, I disagree, she's more like Bulbasaur than Treecko.

Oh yeah. Bulbasaur also disliked humans at first, but not for the same reasons.

i really hope Ash and Jessie somehow swap thier flying pokemon now--; kudos to the bird for kicking the plants behind in which is always a joy to watch but even so..

Now that Mamepato finally got some screentime, people are wishing that Ash gets rid of it?

If she reaches her final stage, I hope the writers don't goof up and make it a male Kenhorou (forgetting everything that transpired in this episode).

Not very fond of its moveset either. To hell with all those ranged attacks, they're not funny! Birds are supposed to crash into things with Aerial Ace, Brave Bird and Sky Attack with severe brain damage as a result.

Wouldn't people be complaining that Mamepato would be too similar to Starly or Taillow? Why give it attacks that Staraptor and Swellow know, especially this early in the series?

At least the writers gave it a flying-type attack that none of the birds in the past used.

If she reaches her final stage, I hope the writers don't goof up and make it a male Kenhorou (forgetting everything that transpired in this episode).

How can they make it male when it was blantantly confirmed to be a female before our eyes? Their not gonna gender swap a pokemon dude.

I wonder if it'll turn out that Mamepato is a girl as well? That would give it the best shot at battling Tsutarja while depriving it of that crazy mask the boys get...
Called it!

I find the pink mask on male Kenhorou to be hideous, so I'm glad Mame is a girl and will be spared the extreme fruitiness.

Maybe the Rockets got a really poor ammount of screentime this week, but it's not like they showed up for nothing. Sakaki warned them that "secret organisation" started to move and that they should be careful. No specific info is given, as the HQ didn't gather enough informations about them yet. Kojiro says how they need to strenghten their "war potential" in that case, that is, to catch more Pokemon.

Team Plasma will appear eventually and I guess that's when TR's plot would get more exciting.

First (i bet many have pointed this out ) but this was the 666th episode in the pokemon series.

Anyways i loved the episode, 1 thing that was confusing was how did dento pull out a portable kitchen (Basically thats what i thought it of). It had a working "stove" and a dishwasher. I can understand how he could fit the stove in but that dishwasher is huge !(if that was a dishwasher that is)
And how did he start the stove? he needed some kind of source to start it up may it be electricity or just gas he still needed some external source to start it.(and don't say they just used pokubu because he was adjusting the dial on the stove meaning he had to have had some source of gas or electricity to do that )

What ever happen to using a good old skillet and starting up a fire ?

It was great to see Mamepato do something worthwhile. Isn't sad that I kept on forgetting Satoshi had her on his team? And we'll be seeing her again next week. And Mamepato being female, didn't expect it, and I really like it. It's like the first time Satoshi has had two female Pokemon on his team though we don't know this as not all of his past Pokemon's genders were confirmed.

Dent aka Brock 2.0.
Oh some people. You know it should have been obvious Dent can cook, he works in a restaurant after all. In fact, I wonder if his cooking is better than Brock's.

At least Dent doesn't go crazy over girls and his personality is way different from Brock's. I mean Brock doesn't twirl about with sparkles behind him and cause girls to scream in delight (the last part is like his dream). If Dent also referees a battle, then he referees a battle. It's two similar to what Brock did, but it does not automatically make him a 2nd Brock. Only if Dent did the former and had a similar personality to Brock would make him so.

And no, I am not saying this as a fan of Dent. In fact I'll say something like this about a character I don't really care about.

My criteria for liking this episode before I viewed it was "Mamepato must be the one to battle Tsutarja cos I reeaallly want to see it again!"

So it turned out I enjoyed the episode a lot (xD). I LOVE that little bird! I'm sorta dissapointed it's a female as the final form is pretty dull (and now I'm having visions of it meeting a male one and flying off to be happy ever after at some point)...but yeah.

This was an enjoyable episode overall, Tsutarja is also a very cool Pokemon. LOVE Miju too, possibly one of my favourite of Ash's Pokemon ever.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom