• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW007: Tsutarja - Captured by Mad Love!?

Did anyone think Dento wasn't as interesting in this ep as the previous two? I mean he really only cooked at the beginning and just served as Brock 2.0 throughout the rest of it.

I hope his sparkles return in the next eps.

Its only been an episode since Dento's join, give him a couple of more episodes before giving an opinion on him eh? I like how Dento thinks Ash is all smart, you have some one like Iris who is always nagging him, than you have some one like Dento who is all Ooh and awe with him LOL. I'm really liking this group and hope as episodes go on that we get episodes on Dento or Iris.

So Mamepato is a female? Wow I didn't see that one coming I guess Ash won't be getting the pink mask Kenhouru. But anyway it was good to see Ash capture Tsutarja in this episode it looked shocked after seeing Ash's concern for Pikachu so maybe it'll have some back story.

Oh yeah did anyone else find that little dance thing Mijumaru did after it came out of it's Pokeball weird???

Ash is catching his pokemon at a very fast pace, like one every episode or 2, i wonder if the writers will have him catch more than he has before in previous regions?

Probably not. Once Ash gets the regional starters/bird he captures one more and then stops for like 80 episodes.

I don't believe Ash will capture any more pokemon this saga than in the previous two or three.

I'm pretty sure Ash will catch more Pokemon in this region, since the Best Wishes series is a reboot and the previous regions don't matter,he will most likely catch more Pokemon in the Isshu region.

Let's not forget that this series is a whole new reboot for the entire show.

I like Tsutarja she is the best grass type Pokemon Ash ever had on his team.

Last edited:
This episode was really funny.... I actually enjoyed it, but I have to say, I think it is quite boring for Ash to have all 3 starters, although we haven't seen it in a while. It just limits his team, TBH. I do hope we see all of them go all the way, though, as well as his team staying interesting. I couldn't see Ash taking any steps back as far as teams are concerned.

As for more on the episode, Iris and Dento are really cool. I love them even more! I do think they should catch more pokemon, but I just have to be patient! XD

I think it is quite boring for Ash to have all 3 starters, although we haven't seen it in a while.

I agree. The only saga I liked Ash getting all the starters was Kanto, simply because it was the first arc and it made sense to give him all the starters.

In Johto, Totodile could have gone to Misty as Ash barely did anything with it.

I hope the Isshu starters are handled better than the last time Ash got all the starters.

i think this league will be similar to kanto in the way that he catches more than 6 pokemon and has to Oak a few for a while

To be honest, it would be great if he did catch more than six Pokémon and switches them consistely. This is something that has never been done (tha only tieme he caught mnore than six was in Kanto with Krabby and Tauros, but both when instantly oaked and not used for years, at least never in the Kanto saga) so it would be interesting to see for a change, although it would be risky for the wwriters to have an intercheangable cast and it might suck if they don't handle it right.

To be honest, it would be great if he did catch more than six Pokémon and switches them consistely. This is something that has never been done (tha only tieme he caught mnore than six was in Kanto with Krabby and Tauros, but both when instantly oaked and not used for years, at least never in the Kanto saga) so it would be interesting to see for a change, although it would be risky for the wwriters to have an intercheangable cast and it might suck if they don't handle it right.

The writers now like to develop the personalities of the Pokemon the main cast has, that's why they don't capture too much anymore.

Look at how long Gliscor lasted before Gible came back in DP, both of them had a fairly good run despite not lasting throughout all of DP.

Look at how long Gliscor lasted before Gible came back in DP, both of them had a fairly good run despite not lasting throughout all of DP.

Which proves that a Pokémon doesn't need to be around for 200 episodes to have a fullfleshed, well told and well concluded story. If the new saga lasts, say, 100-150 episodes, Ash could well switch teams one or even two times provided each Poémon's personal arc takes no more than 50 episodes, which is not that farfetched (American series and even some short anime can wrap full stories in 25-episode seasons, so how can not Pokémon do that too?).

Which proves that a Pokémon doesn't need to be around for 200 episodes to have a fullfleshed, well told and well concluded story. If the new saga lasts, say, 100-150 episodes, Ash could well switch teams one or even two times provided each Poémon's personal arc takes no more than 50 episodes, which is not that farfetched (American series and even some short anime can wrap full stories in 25-episode seasons, so how can not Pokémon do that too?).

Agreed,completely.We don't need 200 episodes about a single team.Specially considering that none of the team´s pokemon appear in every episode.You could cover the story of each pokemon character in less than 10 episodes ,even.

So yeah,hoping for Sato to go in the catching craze and expand his team beyond 6.

You know, I really think the anime is making a full recovery. I'm really enjoying not having every other comment be "I HATE SINNOH" or "I HATE HOENN" (that's pretty much the idea of like half of the comments about those series were. It got REALLY annoying). The writers gave the fanbase what they wanted-more Mamepato screentime. I'm really enjoying Best Wishes, and, although I don't have Cartoon Network, when it comes out in America I want to find a way to get some money to the people who made this!

You know, I really think the anime is making a full recovery. I'm really enjoying not having every other comment be "I HATE SINNOH" or "I HATE HOENN" (that's pretty much the idea of like half of the comments about those series were. It got REALLY annoying).

When did you ever hear those comments? The old review threads are linked by Dogasu in the archive section, those sagas were well received for the most part. Where in the world did you get the idea that those series were hated? I find it bizarre you would say such a thing, go look at the old review threads.

"Making a full recovery?" From what, exactly? The shows been consistently good for 10 years now.

What I don't understand though is what Iris said about Tsutarja. If they don't listen very well to new trainers then why are they picked to be the Grass Starter in Isshu?

What I don't understand though is what Iris said about Tsutarja. If they don't listen very well to new trainers then why are they picked to be the Grass Starter in Isshu?

It's for those who want a challenging Pokémon to raise. It takes skill to earn it's trust and to use effectively in battle, the same actually applies for Charmander and Piplup in a way.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good episode, if somewhat bare-bones in terms of plot. I actually liked how Tsutarja reflected on how Ash would defend Pikachu from her vine whip. It could add some character development on her part.

Ash did use Krabby in the Pokemon League where it evolved into Kingler. I agree on the point that an interchangeable team would be in place. Even if the starters have to be changed for different pokemon from time to time so be it, at least we get to see fresh pokemon. But with the amount of episodes per region does this give Ash's pokemon ample time to develop in character and power wise?

LOL, the subbed episode is up. This scene is classic Ash:

Iris: I hear that Tsutarja are incredbly smart Pokemon, due to that, they will refrain from listening to an amateur trainer, causing abandonment in most cases.
Dent: The Tsutarja we just saw seems to fit that predicament.
Ash: If that's the case, it just makes me want to go after her even more! I'll definitely catch her!
Iris: Hold it, you two should really think clearly about this.
Ash: I've never done anything under the influence of my mind! *calls out Mamepato*, Mamepato, be on the lookout for Tsutarja!

Ash did use Krabby in the Pokemon League where it evolved into Kingler. I agree on the point that an interchangeable team would be in place. Even if the starters have to be changed for different pokemon from time to time so be it, at least we get to see fresh pokemon. But with the amount of episodes per region does this give Ash's pokemon ample time to develop in character and power wise?

But that's because Ash always switches teams during League challenges, but in the main saga, he never did use Krabby so my point stands.

And as I already said, many animes and standard TV series, be them animated or live action, can wrap and solve entire story arcs (sometimes even with complex plots, intrincated subplots and more characters than Pokémon) in around 25 episodes. Even by Pokémon standards, let's take Infernape's case. There weren't more than 10 episodes focusing on him and still we managed to see it evolve from an insecure, abandoned Chimchar to an ax-crazy Blaze abuser Infernape to one of Ash's stronger Pokémon. With less filler, the writers could fully develop character subplots for Ash's six Pokémon in at much 80 episodes, and with every Generation's length, we can safely trust the BW series will last at least 150 episodes, so if they wanted it, the writers could well make Ash have even more than 10 Pokémon per saga and still make them all shine beautifully. And with the writers confirming that BW would be very fast-paced (which is very different to being short), I trust they will do this.

LOL, the subbed episode is up. This scene is classic Ash:

Iris: I hear that Tsutarja are incredbly smart Pokemon, due to that, they will refrain from listening to an amateur trainer, causing abandonment in most cases.
Dent: The Tsutarja we just saw seems to fit that predicament.
Ash: If that's the case, it just makes me want to go after her even more! I'll definitely catch her!
Iris: Hold it, you two should really think clearly about this.
Ash: I've never done anything under the influence of my mind! *calls out Mamepato*, Mamepato, be on the lookout for Tsutarja!

Pretty much describes Ash completly

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom