• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW086: Pochama VS Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle!! airdate: 6/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I call it's Scraggy.

Because they're the"core team" this season.

I wish that clip of Piplup battling meant that it learned Drill Peck...

And Bullet Seed or Rock Tomb? Which will Pansage know this time?

Likely an error.... In the scene where Dawn surprises Ash, Piplup's beak is gone for a second.
140w3fq.png

How lovely wouldn't it have been if that beak actually was gone throughout the whole DP saga, then maybe, just maybe, I actually would've enjoyed Piplup.

So they're giving away a Piplup that knows Sing for Black 2 and White 2
This is obviously to advertise Best Wishes Season 2
I wonder if there's any chance that Dawn's Pip actually learned or will learn Sing? XD though I guess not and that they only gave it Sing to tie in with Meloetta... I doubt it'd actually use Sing in the show... but I guess we'll have to wait and see to be sure *tries to imagine Pochama's voice doing Sing* oh god, now I want it to happen XD

I saw the previews on Youtube and i have to say, i'm at a loss here.

1. I thought there were no Kanto and Hoenn pokemon in Unova

2. I'm still concerned with how Ash's history with Dawn will be addressed. I will honestly not understand if Iris continues to call Ash a "Little kid" if learns about how much he's accomplished in Sinnoh

Unrelated topic

I'm worried about how Dawn and Iris will interact. Like i've said before, i might actually like Iris if it weren't for that slightly condescending attitude of her's and her "Little Kid" comments.

I'm now really sure that Dawn will beat Cilan. Cause she will convert this into a Contest battle and we see Cilan a bit surprised by all the sparks :D
Can't wait for this fight to happen if it just lasts 5 minutes!

There are in East Isshu; just like in the games.

2. I'm still concerned with how Ash's history with Dawn will be addressed.

Not sure what you mean by this.

I will honestly not understand if Iris continues to call Ash a "Little kid" if learns about how much he's accomplished in Sinnoh

Considering how much she cheered for him in the Homika episode, I don't think that's an issue anymore.

There are in East Isshu; just like in the games.

2. I'm still concerned with how Ash's history with Dawn will be addressed.

Not sure what you mean by this.

I will honestly not understand if Iris continues to call Ash a "Little kid" if learns about how much he's accomplished in Sinnoh

Considering how much she cheered for him in the Homika episode, I don't think that's an issue anymore.

1. Please clarify, i don't play the games

2. Well, every time i heard Iris pull that "Little Kid" comment of hers on Ash, i just wanted to see the look on her face when she found out he made the Top 16 in the Kanto League, Won the Orange League, made Top 8 in both Johto and Hoenn, won the Battle Frontier and made Top 4 in the Sinnoh League. Seriously, what "Little Kid" could accomplish all that?

3. See now that's my issue with Iris, i repeat: i might actually like her as a character (she has a nice personality towards Pokemon, she has a Dragon fetish and she athletic), but that condescending attitude of hers towards Ash just makes me not like her

Iris's condescending attitude is merely a result of her pushing what she thinks is her own inadequacies on someone else. The short version is she thinks she is not going to become a dragon master so she tries to hide her own fear by making someone else lower. So even though it does not make her easy to like as a person as a character it is good writing and paralleling actual human behavior.

Let's not get off track and turn this into a Iris discussion (since we really don't know how that will be handled and this isn't the thread for it anyway), but to answer the first question...

1. Please clarify, i don't play the games

After you beat the Elite 4 in BW you get to go to East Isshu. That place has a bunch of old Pokemon living there. So the anime is just copying the games in that part of the region does indeed contain old Pokemon.

I thought about things, i think i now realize what my problem has been lately.

For so long now, i've been eager see Ash's past accomplishments be brought to Iris and Cilan's ears, and now that Dawn's return is inevitable, i guess the anticipation is just frothing over. Especially considering the premiere of two recent episodes. The worse part is, it will be who knows how long before i can watch this in English.

2. I'm still concerned with how Ash's history with Dawn will be addressed. I will honestly not understand if Iris continues to call Ash a "Little kid" if learns about how much he's accomplished in Sinnoh

She can still call him a kid if he acts childish... anyway, she's already seeming to get friendlier with him and use her "you're such a kid" thing less often

I'm worried about how Dawn and Iris will interact. Like i've said before, i might actually like Iris if it weren't for that slightly condescending attitude of her's and her "Little Kid" comments.

She seems to at least have some nice interactions with Iris judging from the previews

Some footage from Smash shows that Pochama has learned Ice Beam.
Ice Beam on a contest pokemon! What a novel concept!!

...They're....totally taking the piss, aren't they?

Hopefully with Pochama using Ice Beam here we'll see Mimirol with a different and actually good movepool. If it battles that is.

It is very rare that the writers gave a main character's Pokemon the same attack as another pokemon that currently belongs to a member on the main cast, let alone a pokemon that belongs to the same trainer.

I wonder if this means that Dawn's Buneary, who also knows Ice Beam, will keep that attack in BW Season 2.

Last edited:
Ahh, revamping Mimirol's moveset. That's a good point. If this is just a case of passing on Ice Beam to Pochama so they can make way for something more interesting (not to mention relevent) I'd be OK with it.

On a different note; I never quite realised how backwards it was that she had a penguin pokemon from the start, yet they felt the need to give the rabbit the ice move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom