• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Gender matter to you?

Which gender do you prefer?

• Male

Votes: 72 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • Mix

Votes: 247 67.7%

• Total voters
I try to get an even share of males or females, though a 4:2 ratio both ways is okay.

Eh... not really? Right now I managed to get a 1:1 ratio of males and females in my HGSS party, which surprised me.

Male Gardevoir, Roselia and female Machop, however, are hilariously awesome.

Don't really care all that much, my teams are usually pretty evenly mixed.

I don't care about gender anymore. The only exception is that I always start with a female starter.

I usually just go with what I can grab. I care more for abilities than for genders, to be honest.

Generally I just catch whatever gender I see first. With an exception of Mr. Mime, Slowking, and Gardevoir, which I'd only get male, male, and female respectivelly.

I'll usually try to have an equal ratio on my team.
As for regular wild pokemon, I'll usually go on what I first see, unless I like the look of one more - I prefer the white whiskers on female gyarados and the darker female hippopotas.

I usually have a female team, but I generally don't care. For the fourth gen, whichever gender difference looks best, I pick. I'm more of a casual gamer, so stats also don't affect me. :)

Depends, usually if a Pokemon looks more masculine than feminie and vice versa, I always go for a male Machop, and a female Ralts, that is unless I'm going for Gallade. Though if a Pokemon has a neat gender difference, like Pikachu's tail or Heracross's horn, I usually go for the female. Though if something that looks the same or has a lame gender difference, like Meditite, I'll go with either gender, as long as it has a nice nature.

I could have sworn I posted in this thread months ago. Weird.

Generally speaking, no. Though, for some reason, I always seem to end up with more male Pokemon than females for some reason. Like alot of people have said though, when dealing with Pokemon like Gardevoir and Machamp that look decidedly like they should be one gender over the other, I'll usually try and catch one that looks like that gender. Also, when dealing with Pokemon that have a low chance of being female like Starters, I'll always prefer a female, simply so I always have breeding stock ready.

I don't really mind what type of gender I get when I am trying to catch a Pokemon. Sometimes I might go for a certain gender here and there, but to me it really doesn't matter. If it is a Pokemon that appears many times throughout the game, then it doesn't matter what gender it is knowing that the Pokemon can be found a lot in the game. Which means that I can go back and find a specific gender and catch it if I like.

I mainly go with an all-female team. Though in Platinum I have a male Lucario on my team.

For Black I'm going with a mixed bag (half male, half female)

so it wouldnt bother you if your Charizard was a girl, and it liked shopping and clothes and boys!

I would get along so well with this Charizard!

My main team tends to be mostly male but there's no real reason for it. In my current team there are four male and one female ← I had to turn on my DS just to find that out.

It depends on the personality and characteristics I had in mind when I decided I wanted such a Pokemon on my team. Usually there's a fair mix, usually 3/3 or 2/4 at worst. That said, I'll go for what gender suits the Pokemon to an extent, too - just as I won't have a female Machamp, I'll never use a male Gardevoir.

Generally speaking, Gender isn't a very important factor for me, so I'll go with mixed. Although, there are instances when I prefer certain Pokémon to be of specific gender for whatever reason.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom