• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP119-120: One Hour Special 3/26

Pfff... as I'm like... huge on Conway and his character and think he's almost the best thing the D/P anime offered, DP119 is a huge cocktease of a title. Aggron was the only one of Conway's known Pokemon that got virtually no spotlight and... if the Aggron were his, it'd be so immensely wonderful and the rest of the episode can copy Charizard Chills! all it wants if he's in there because it'll be great. For me, anyway. But then there's just as great a chance that it's a wild Aggron or belongs to a one-shotter. It's a cocktease title for a reason.

Unless DP120 is connected to the previous one, I'm just... sitting there and looking at it blankly because the vagueness and lack of excitement tells me that I don't know if I should care. Hum, I wonder if they're gonna be in the snow for all these episodes in those crappy, ineffectual ponchos...

When did Conway use an Aggron? The tag battle arc?

I only remember him using Slowking and Heracross.

It was a blink-and-you-'ll-miss-it scene when they blazed through Dawn/Conway and Brock/Holly's second victories. That short moment when Holly had the googly heart-eyes... it was like around that time. I don't think I have a picture on hand right now, but it's listed on Bulbapedia.

It is plausible to have Conway appear. I mean he interacts with Dawn and he has an Aggron. It would make sense for him to appear in the episode. Not to mention, since he is pretty smart with his pokemon knowledge, maybe he'll help Dawn out with Mamoswine?

DP 120 is so vague. It makes me wonder what it's actually going to be about.

DP 120 has to have the vaguest, strangest title I've ever seen..
As for DP 119, it sounds cool. It'll be great to see Mamoswine do something other than knock Dawn away for Poffin.

Anyone for Conway appearing on Teachy TV in DP120 after returning in 119?

pfffff if Conway appeared in both episodes I'd freakin' die. There's no way they'd be that kind to us, would there? I mean, it's not even established that he'd be in DP119 to begin with, but the situation screams for an appearance by him. It's just not going to be as cool and fun if Aggron's wild or belongs to some forgettable COTD or even worse. But BOTH episodes? That would be... like Hallelujah day or something.

Someone on Serebii mentioned the possibility of Bertha being in DP120 to school Dawn on Mamoswine. That would be a good time to showcase her, since she's the only one we have no idea if we'll ever see. It would be a hoot, especially since Ash has met Agatha already. If the show allowed some awesome referencing like it sometimes does, we'd have priceless Ash scenes where he thinks Agatha cloned herself or something.

But that's just me.

I bet Conway isn't even in these eps.

Is there anything that you don't have a negative remark for?

Especially when you've been one of the more eager people for another Conway appearance too.

Especially when you've been one of the more eager people for another Conway appearance too.

I wouldn't mind Conway appearing, but basing it off a random Aggron in the title, when Aggron is not even Conway's star Pokemon, is hopeful thinking.

I'm betting it belongs to a filler character, but if it is Conway (or Kenny) then that would be good too.

Here are the Trainers in the show that own an Aggron
Steven Stone (lol)
Brendan
James once borrowed one
Conway
Aggron is an over used pokemon already so it should belong to Conway

It could always be Butch's to show continuity with Grating Spaces!

I wish they wouldn't overuse Aggron so much. We also saw plenty of them in the Iron Island episodes and in the Pokehunter J/Riolu eps.

Its getting almost as bad as Steelix and Scizor.

Meanwhile there are other Pokemon that haven't appeared in ages.

For Aggron vs Mamoswine there are three possibilities

The Aggron belongs to Butch and him along with Cassidy are trying to capture a herd of mamoswine

Aggron and Mamoswine fighting for terratory

Charizard Chills remake

It would be awesome if Aggron belonged to Butch, but isn't it a little too soon for another Butch and Cassidy appearance?

Well, Team Rocket doesn't operate in Sinnoh, and Butch and Cassidy only ever appeared when Ash and co. were traveling in places where TR does have activity (Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto). They shouldn't appear before Ash and co. go back to Kanto... or maybe even Johto if they decide to revisit that region for some reason. *hint hint*

You're forgetting their appearance in the Kabarudon episode. I don't see why they wouldn't still be in Shinou.

Huh? You mean I missed a Butch and Cassidy ep? Jeez, shows how much attention I've been paying to DP... how come they were in Sinnoh?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom