• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP121 title revealed: 'Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?' to air with DP120

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
DP121 title revealed: 'Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?' to air with DP120

DP121, Evolution! This Time for Pochama!? 「進化!その時ポッチャマは!?」, will air April 2 on TV Tokyo along with the previously announced DP120, The Lonely Yukikabli!

Read more on Bulbanews

The article says at the end Piplup will not evolve as the poster for Movie 12 shows two of Ash's Pokémon in evolved forms though Piplup is still Piplup. But I watched the poster and there are no Ash's Pokémon in new evolved forms. There's an Infernape, but it is next to another human, so I assume it's another Infernape belonging to that character.

The article says at the end Piplup will not evolve as the poster for Movie 12 shows two of Ash's Pokémon in evolved forms though Piplup is still Piplup. But I watched the poster and there are no Ash's Pokémon in new evolved forms. There's an Infernape, but it is next to another human, so I assume it's another Infernape belonging to that character.

The movie 12 poster has Monferno, not Infernape. It also has Staraptor and just Piplup.

Piplup is going to pull a Bulbasaur, most likely and stop itself from evolving.

The movie 12 poster has Monferno, not Infernape. It also has Staraptor and just Piplup.

I think you are right about that, that is what will probably happen.

It's not like there is a reason for Piplup to evolve. If they ever want to show Empoleon they can just bring Jun back (or Kenny for that matter).

You're right.And on bulbapedia, go on dawn's piplup, and it says that Piplup probaly won't evolve because Prinplup and Empoleon aren't as cute, and not as good in contets.

Well, they repeated Charizard with Mamoswine, why not Bulbasaur with Piplup?

God, this shows getting really boring. I know, new generation and all, but jeez.

Well, they repeated Charizard with Mamoswine, why not Bulbasaur with Piplup?

God, this shows getting really boring. I know, new generation and all, but jeez.

No, Piplup is more linked to Pikachu than to Bulbasaur in terms of equivalences with Ash's Pokémon.

@Scott85: Sorry 'bout the misnaming of Monferno XD, but anyways, it lies next to another guy, so I still think that it's not Ash's Chimchar. And Staraptor, I must be blind 'cause I can't see it in the poster T_T

well, I am not saying it will evolve but , just because the movie has piplup, does not mean it won't evolve, since when was movies canon with the series anyway?

The article more specifically says it "necessarily cannot be inferred", which is probably the same as "will not"; my reasons for even bothering to mention this prelude an idea that I think would pull a serious twist to the general consensus here.

Since the upcoming film, the last three DP films in fact, were preoccupied with time and dimension, I'm still holding out for the possibility of it messing with the anime current continuum. It could, but not necessarily, account for the Johto starters (this may be quite a stretch to suggest anyhow), but most importantly to this thread, Pochama's evolution. Why not?

If this were the case, the plot would have said so. I don't care if I lose. Just keeping an open mind. I'm not too generally fond of the Satoshi-Hikari coincidences (e.g. both keep a Pokemon outside their Pokeball, to varying extents). Let's have something new for Pochama.

The news article pretty much speaks for itself.

well, I am not saying it will evolve but , just because the movie has piplup, does not mean it won't evolve, since when was movies canon with the series anyway?

They are, as they are sometimes referenced in the main series. Who knows? Dialga is in the movie, and can distort time, maybe to such an extent to make chimchar and starapter older until they evolve, and piplup young enough to... devolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom