• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP175: Mammoo, Pachirisu! Decide on the Ice Chandelier!!

This is why I dont pay too much attention to the score bars at all...

I through the ending was perfect,but of well,this people will always want to hate it anyway.They couldn't have found a better way to end the battle,in my opinion,Mamoswine,the distant and solitary beast,learned how to team-up and used his strength to power-up his teammate ,pachirisu.The squirrel gets the last attack to take his(her?)rival Gabite,and Hikari gets to test her Ice Chandelier strategy,that started way back in her training with Zoey...and evolved all the way from the school episode to this.

Naturally,powered-up ice projectile demolishes Gabite,and the impact+strong electric attack Knock-outs flareon.

I think that last attack was pretty meaningful.

Last edited:
I find the fact that Gabite is immune to electric attacks is completely biased. I mean, Ursula's Plusle and Minun were kicking the crap out of Mamoswine earlier, using ELECTRIC attacks. Does this make any sense to you people?

I find the fact that Gabite is immune to electric attacks is completely biased. I mean, Ursula's Plusle and Minun were kicking the crap out of Mamoswine earlier, using ELECTRIC attacks. Does this make any sense to you people?

Main character + Plot Power = Defeated Rival.

Don't try to analyze it.

This is way I dont pay too much attention to the score bars at all...
Agreed, they really aren't great at making them believable, taking away a lot of points for something, and then so much fewer points for something kinda similar.

Zoey and Nando walking together also bothered me. Since when are those two friends?

It's like the writers said, "Zoey and Nando are still here, let's let them walk together to see Dawn train."

I mean, Ursula's Plusle and Minun were kicking the crap out of Mamoswine earlier, using ELECTRIC attacks. Does this make any sense to you people?
Their electric attack involved repeatedly tackling it's face at full speed. Why wouldn't that hurt?

Overall, great episode! Loved the battle it was superb, and Dawn really had trust in her pokemon.

I also loved Ursula's combos, and I'm glad Zoey's cool with Nando now, I expect a handshake at the end of their match.

It just goes to show you how people can change, and how they can become stronger.

Zoey looks like she is kicking ass in that battle next week, hope we see it full.

Zoey and Nando walking together also bothered me. Since when are those two friends?

It's like the writers said, "Zoey and Nando are still here, let's let them walk together to see Dawn train."

Well, for all we know the two of them met a bunch of times off screen in their travels.

Anyway one thing I couldn't help but notice was how we didn't get any interaction of any kind between Gabite and Pachirisu. I mean considering how the DP writers have been improving their story continuity so much, it felt odd we didn't even get a glare down between the two.

But still a pretty good ep. Anyone know what Ursula said to herself before Dawn came to talk?

Hikari gets to test her Ice Chandelier strategy,that started way back in her training with Zoey...and evolved all the way from the school episode to this.

Yeah, that's really awesome how much continuity there's in DP
In the training ep with Zoey and Candice, Dawn tried the Ice Chandelier for the first time and failed, then in the beach ep she tried again and did a little better but still failed and then used Bunny for training, and now she eventually did it in her battle VS Ursula - and at first messed up, only doing it perfectly the second try
Awesome continuity and development

What the Johto are you talking about?!
Back in Hearthome, they clearly made us know that Zoey now fully respect Nando as a person and as a very good Coordinator (while we didn't see Nando comment on that, he's super nice and extremely polite, so of course he's OK with her even if she wasn't very nice to him at first)

Then in the first GF ep when Zoey and Nando meet, they said they always watched each other on TV
So yeah, they ARE friendly with each other, even if they're not "friends" or didn't meet each other a lot

Anyone know what Ursula said to herself before Dawn came to talk?

Something like "why it had to be me?" and then Dawn came and said she felt the same way when she lost before and also said that Ursula is strong
Then Ursula said "yes, I'm strong" and then I'm not sure what she said next, but I assume (just based on how it sounded to me and how the animation is, so that's not sure at all) that she said to Dawn she only won by luck again... but as I said on that part I might be wrong... everything else I'm sure about

Wow, Mamo and Pachi took like a million Shadow Balls and they were still standing. That was a pretty cheap win if you ask me I guess All of Ursula's pokemon go down in one or two hits. Well Atleast its not Jessie losing so early all though she's losing in the next episode.
( Did anyone else notice Gabite has like no emotion any more it seems like its rivalry with Pachi is gone it just stands there like Gible. 0.o)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom