• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP191: Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Where did Dawn go? Like to another region or what.. ?

Y'know, I didn't think I'd cry, but...

;____________________________;

She stays in Sinnoh I believe, not sure. Satoshi and Takeshi both leave Sinnoh though.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but the ending scene with Brock - and them saying goodluck to each other, and the fact that their hands lingered on camera broke my promise.

I really will miss Brock so much. I'm not sure if I'll be able to enjoy the new anime as much - I'm not complaining, I'm sure it'll be great. But I'll just really miss Brock. The chance I believed he had for staying a while ago has been shattered by his new dream and this goodbye scene.

That scene with Piplup may have been pushing it a bit, but goddamn if my heart didn't melt into a puddle of goo. D:

- I didn't read ANY replies at all, couldn't bother, might do that later-

BEST
EPISODE
EVER
I CRIED! more than I ever did in any of the previous emotional eps! I don't think I felt anything like this when Pika was about to leave or when Misty left... at least for me, this is the most emotional episode of the whole show and is the best episode ever

I loved the beginning which mirrored the first DP ep - Dawn's Starly-shaped alarm, Dawn wakes up and opens her room's window while she's in her pajama
I also liked how Pip woke her up with Peck and then Dawn, Pip and Pika went to wake up Ash with Thunderbolt XD and then Ash just RUSHES OUT OF BED IMMEDIATELY... cause Dawn said food is ready! LOL, I LOVE YOU ASH <3
At first, Dawn said she might go to Kanto together with Ash and Pip was happy... but then Johanna said that the people of Hearthome Collection wants Dawn's Buneary to model for them or something like that, so Dawn said she'll go to Hearthome City and that she'll also tell Zoey about this and that she might meet Fantina again there
Piplup was VERY sad and just attacked everyone and ran away crying... everyone acted as if they don't care about leaving each other... then TRio attacked and Pika and Pip (with little help from other Poké) beat them together... Pip was happy for the win but then started to cry again... Dawn told Piplup that he's a male and that men don't cry (lol) and she also said that Pikachu, Brock, Ash and herself will all feel lonely too, but that it's not like they'd never meet each other again...
I thought this whole thing was really cute and emotional... they did it SO GOOD!
Then, we see Flint challenge Cynthia like he said he'll do about 30 eps ago (yay continuity!) and Ash imagines himself battling Cynthia instead of Flint... then Flint lose, and Ash says that one day he'll get to the Champion League (the E4 challenge) and become the new Champion and that then he'll be a Pokémon Master (I'm not sure if they worded it like being Champion IS being a Master or that being a Champion is ONE OF the things he should do in order to later become a Master, maybe someone who knows Japanese better than me can help)
Then Brock announced that he decided to become a Pokémon Doctor...
Finally, when Dawn leaves Ash and Brock, she gives Ash one last high five, Pika and Pip do the same and then hug! so cute!!! <3 then Ash, Pikachu and Brock get on the boat and leave... then Dawn is very sad and about to cry, but then Ash yells to her "daijoubu" and she cheers up! I LIKED THIS SCENE SO MUCHHHHHHH <3
Then the ending theme came on suddently, but we heard the later part of the full version instead of the TV version, and on the ending video, we saw a little "window" which showed scenes of various DP eps from the very first ep to this last ep! It really added a lot to the emotional-ness of the episode (too bad dub-viewers will lose this)
Then we see Ash and Brock arrive in Kanto and leave each other (I like how they slowly left their hands from each other... like it's really hard for them to leave each other after so long, you really can tell how close they are)
Ash and Pikachu run to Pallet Town and the episode ends with "NEXT TIME A NEW BEGINNING"

BEST EPISODE EVER, so good, so emotional, so awesomeeeeeeeeeee <3
I'm really sad that DP ended, I'll miss Dawn and Pip A LOT, but at least I'm content that they got an awesome final! And like Dawn said, we might see them again one day...
Hopefully BW will be as good as DP was... but one thing is sure - Dawn and Piplup will forever be my favorite characters together with Ash and Pikachu, no way anyone will ever top them for me

Thank you Dawn and Pip for providing us 4 years of awesomeness, I'll miss you... but now I'm going to enjoy the awesomeness of Best Wishes! Can't wait for Mijumaru!
(God, what a wall of text... but what can you expect from me? It's the last ep! maybe soon I'll bother to read the replies of everyone else)

Last edited by a moderator:

This episode was perfect.Just perfect.
I loved how it touched every good thing DP had...The maiden filler...Satoshi in Wallace Contest clothes...Infernape...Hunter J...Galatics...High touch...everything.It was just perfect.

And I had been waiting for an episode with together in the background for months!Ever since the Sinnoh GF!so about time it happened.Cynthia vs Obaa was perfect, specially with Ash blacking out like that.Really well done.Gawd,I shed a tear here.

Finally,the rocket blast...Coolest rocket blast in the history of the show.Ever.

Without a doubt,best episode to end a saga,much better than GCYL and what-whats-it-tittle-AG.

Mimirol... gets recognition? Urgh. Pachirisu should have gotten to fly in this ep...

(I like how they slowly left their hands from each other... like it's really hard for them to leave each other after so long, you really can tell how close they are)

I agree. It probably tears them up that they are leaving each other, but they are wishing each other goodluck (anyone know what they said after said their goals?) and to to their best, so there's no time for being sad. I wish Ash had showed some sign of sadness, or atleast Brock walking off into the sunlight or something - but it didn't happen. He just sort of walked off the screen.

See you later, buddy. Hopefully I'll see you in about a years time.

Yeah, this ep was just about flawless.

A worthy goodbye to Dawn, and really, not knowing where Dawn is going, only opens up more possibilities for her to return briefly like May did.

Damn, Brock can't even think about woman. xD He really ought to leave Croagunk in Pewter city if he wnats his doctor career to go anywhere.

Wish we could see teh full battle between Cynthia and Flint, though. Infernape dogding the Draco Meteor, the Close Combat... it was all so beautiful. :'(

Also, Chuck Norris punching a mountain's got nothing on Pikachu and Piplup high-fiving and hugging. B)

Looks like they've used Dawn's skirt once again, this time, they tried to emphasize it MORE THAN EVER.
DP37.jpg

Excellent episode!!! I love you Dawn, Buneary, and even Piplup and Togekiss! I'm going to miss Sinnoh. I love Johanna, and will miss her, happy she was in this episode.

Glad Cynthia won, and so satisfied and happy with Dawn's goodbye, "Dijobu", and to see Pikachu and Piplup hug and cry was brilliant. I loved Dawn's goodbye to when her and Ash touched hands, to Ash screaming Dijobu! This episode was marvelous.

Brock's departure was quick, LOL. But this whole episode was bitter sweet, loved it. Definitely an A+

Brock's departure was quick, LOL.
Ash and Brock's hesitation to separate hands told just as much as any long and sappy ending ever could, tbh.

Ash and Brock's hesitation to separate hands told just as much as any long and sappy ending ever could, tbh.

I agree, I love Brock, but boy, you'd think with how long he's been on the show, it'd be longer. Then again, given the last episode, as well as the last 13 years, I'm sure Brock's good :)

I was kinda teary-eyed when Pochama started crying like a baby with Togekiss and Pikachu comforting it, and later Hikari. Same when Hikari looked sad seeing Satoshi and Takeshi leave on the boat to Kanto, but what got me crying like a baby was Satoshi and Takeshi's goodbye. Some people said it wasn't good, but I think it was very emotional. Tears were rolling down my cheeks, literally. ;___________; I'll miss you, Takeshi.

The bit with Shirona vs Oba was a great touch, especially with them playing Together 2007 in the background. And of course, Sakaki's appearance was a nice touch as well.

Overall an emotional and well animated episode. More emotional than Haruka's goodbye, but not was tear-jerking as "Gotta Catch You Later".

It really looks like Team Rocket (the organization) will have much more importance during BW; I hope the writers use this opportunity to develop some really interesting Rockets (Miyamoto, Madame Boss, ...) that never had their chance to shine!...

I hope the writers use this opportunity to develop some really interesting Rockets (Miyamoto, Madame Boss, ...) that never had their chance to shine!...
Because Isshu might be close to the Andes Mountains, where Miyamoto found Mew?

;^;

Gorgeous animation. Realy kind of sad.

I loved the trio reminiscing and only wish we saw MORE of that, but that would throw off the good pacing.

Roketto-dan stuff looks exciting.

The batle with Shirona was AWESOME!

Does feel like foreshadowing...

Ganbatte, minna!

(The ending animation was great... maybe that's why the original animation had so many blank spaces.)

Because Isshu might be close to the Andes Mountains, where Miyamoto found Mew?

You don't think that that's an obstacle for the writers, right?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom