• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed: Fan site posts info before games' relea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed: Fan site posts info before games' r

I just want to know where Serebii gets his info. He seems to imply that he uses some sort of official source, but whoever the hell that is I have no idea. I mean, it's not like this is the first time he's released info a month from the official release, before it's even posted on the official site. And the previous times he did it, he was pretty much spot on with everything.

Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed: Fan site posts info before games' r

OH GOD! How I hate Hibiki, Kotone and TR Exec's names. Terrible and lame. Where did Ethan come from?

Bad, BAD Serebii. :bash:

You should know better than to post news without so much as even referencing a source. You've been doing this website thing WAY too long to be making rookie mistakes like that.

Also, there's no e to put an inappropriate accent on in the word portmanteau.

Also,

"Dowsing Machine" is - and always has been - the Japanese name for Itemfinder. It's weird that they'd change it back now, but whatever.

The rest of the name changes are just fucking stupid. They're just changing things just for the sake of changing things now.

Also, the names of the Rocket executives are most likely code names anyway, so having a guy walk around named "Petrel" isn't really any worse than having a guy walking around named "Lambda." Still really really dumb, though.

You should know better than to post news without so much as even referencing a source. You've been doing this website thing WAY too long to be making rookie mistakes like that.
The last thing Serebii's source wants is to have their name revealed. We are not supposed to know this information yet.

Then at least state that. It's basic Website Reporting 101.

The way it's presented now, it looks like he's just pulling names out of his ass.

Dogasu, you know as well as I do how this goes. I cannot reveal the source at all. I've been doing this for years, I don't remember any complaining when I revealed the Legends & Starters of HGSS before launch or the US DP names (well there was complaining then but that was of a different variety)

There's a big difference between saying "I got this exclusive information but I'm not at liberty to say where I got it from for the following reasons" and "I found out some new names don't bother questioning where I got them from just believe me because I'm Serebii and I don't make shit up."

The former makes you look like a responsible member of the fandom who doesn't post any ol' thing that comes across your desk. The latter makes you look like you just want people to marvel at how big your e-penis is.

As much as I'd rather not agree with Serebii, he's done this hundreds of times and you're only pointing this out now? You do have a point however.

*shrugs* I don't really pay attention to every little thing that gets announced, though. If I did, I probably would have brought this up then, too.

Last edited:

I think there comes a point where posting "have a source, can't say how or who" begins to sound like "I have a boyfriend, but you wouldn't know him cuz he goes to another school." In recent times Joe has been pretty spot-on-; we know he has a source, he can't say who, we can't double-check against said source, continuously claiming a source won't make it more or less valid at this point.

On the other hand, any intelligent member of this fan base knows to take any unofficial info with a giant salt lick, so I can see why some people are suspicious.

I kinda find it amusing that people are not doing random speculations now after English names of HG/SS characters are revelaed.

They're now complaining about NoA's dumbness.

On the other hand, any intelligent member of this fan base

Oh, so you mean like 20% of the fan-base? Sorry, sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyway, guys, I trust Serebii, I don't think he'd ever intentionally lie to everyone. Sure, he might pick up something that looks dead-believe able, but then again- which Pokémon fansite hasn't?
Whether he can release the source or not, I trust him.

Maybe because NoA ARE dumbs when renaming Pokémon things.

Thing is, they were always dumb.

Right from the beginning.

Well, my suspicions are now resolved. We have a secondary source that says the same thing, so I'm going with Serebii's info. I wish it were fake, but it isn't.

I cannot reveal the source at all.

I believe he can't reveal the source because his insider would be fired for leaking information otherwise.

I believe he can't reveal the source because his insider would be fired for leaking information otherwise.

Normally I would make a joke about how you are the source, but it doesn't really matter.

I don't care where the information came from. You obviously are right so whatever. It is what it is.

See, the issue isn't with whether the information is right or not. The issue is with irresponsible reporting.

Saying "This information comes from an inside source whose identity I cannot reveal" wouldn't have jeopardized anyone's job.

A link proving ONE fact only means we can prove that fact and that fact alone. While this does mean there's a higher chance of this all being true, and I am willing to believe Serebii cannot list the source so their source keeps their job or something along those lines, personally I'm not going to believe any of this until we have a true source to this information, be it in a month when we get the games, or through official publications.

I remain suspicious until we have a source other than a fansite's publication. One official publication proving that one thing is true does not make everything else true by default in my opinion.

edit: ... major department of redundancy department syndrome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom