• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Fanfare of the Heart", the first ending theme to "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes"

I liked the ending, but in a way it..actually made me feel a little sad. Something about that triumphant (yet, somehow melancholy) sounding melody just made me think of how many years it's been since this show started, and how it's now come to the point where it's been able to 'reboot' to the extent it has. I think the fairly simple visuals do a good job of capturing that, too. No frills, just the a cute loop of the new starters, some stills of the main characters, and that's it.
Though on a more personal level, it reminds me of how long I've been a fan of the series and how old I've gotten :(

Though on a more personal level, it reminds me of how long I've been a fan of the series and how old I've gotten :(
This is the most depressing thing I've read so far. Stop that!

(if it makes you feel better, a recent study has shown the Pokemon fanbase [in Japanese at least] steadily growing older, so you're in the prime spot to be a follower, grandpa!)

This ending feels ripe for additions. Yeah, I know Mijumaru and Mamepoto are already on Ash's team and weren't shown, but there's a LOT of space for still shots of Pokemon. The past endings and openings have shown me that even if you think there's no place to put a Pokemon, they can still put a Pokemon in wherever they want. Ask yourself: Would they really just have Pikachu, Kibago, and Yanappu? I don't think so.

The song was alright, I guess... The animation was where this ending was truly kicking it. It *spoils* the introduction of Dent, showing the three main characters and their lead pokemon. Pikachu and the Isshu Starters playing instruments (a marching band) on the bottom and side of the screen as the visuals pass by.

This is my personal opinion, but not a big fan of this ending.

Last edited:
I like it!

It pretty much confirms that Ash is getting Pokabu and Tsutarja (why else would all three be there?) though Mamepato is missing for some reason

though could they at least spoil a little more of Dent's team? seeing Yanappu on the main cast makes me happy but...nah..I can wait..

I like the end of the song the most

and is it me or is Pokabu not even playing those bagpipes? I mean his mouth isn't even on the...whatever it's called

I don't see how this ending spoils the introduction of Dento at all.Every new information of Best Wishes showed Dento along with Iris and Ash.It isn't spoiling anything.Everyone who watches Best Wishes(and by "everyone" I don't mean foreign internet people,I mean the real audience of the show)knew this would happen.The web page did it before,heck,the PVs during the last episodes of DPclearly said that Dento would be an important character of the series.

The ending isn't spoiling.If everyone knows it will happen,its not a spoiler.

It pretty much confirms that Ash is getting Pokabu and Tsutarja (why else would all three be there?) though Mamepato is missing for some reason

Band is not showing Satoshi's pokemon. They are just Pikachu and symbolic Isshu starters.

I actually like this ending. The clips were beautiful, and the song...for a Japanese Pokémon song (let's be fair, Ash can't sing well), it was good.

I don't know, remember high touch, even though the real Ash might not be able to. Ash can sing well if Rica wants Ash to sing well.

Actually; there was an episode where you can hear Ash sing, even though it was slightly. If I recall correctly, it was the episode after Brock goes to help Professor Ivy and Ash and the others meet Tracy for the first time in the Orange Islands.

Actually; there was an episode where you can hear Ash sing, even though it was slightly. If I recall correctly, it was the episode after Brock goes to help Professor Ivy and Ash and the others meet Tracy for the first time in the Orange Islands.

I know, I think it was the episode Ash adopted Lapras. I'll I'm saying if Rica wants Ash to sing well, Ash can as evidenced by High Touch.

I don't know, remember high touch, even though the real Ash might not be able to. Ash can sing well if Rica wants Ash to sing well.
*looks at Spurt* Nope, Rica can't sing with Ash's voice (There. Can't be picky about that xD)

I know, I think it was the episode Ash adopted Lapras. I'll I'm saying if Rica wants Ash to sing well, Ash can as evidenced by High Touch.

That is true, but due to the fact that we haven't seen him canonically sing yet, we cannot exactly judge by just a character song, though High Touch! does, if it is considered as a canon song in the anime (as in, if he ever sings it in canon), then, yes, he can sing.

We'll just have to find out.

*looks at Spurt* Nope, Rica can't sing with Ash's voice (There. Can't be picky about that xD)

Actually, SPURT was not actually a 'Ash' song, to be honest, but it was sung very well and can be considered as a bias. However, Rica has not sang many songs in Ash's voice; most of her songs are sang in a more feminine tone that Ash's singing voice would naturally have if he were to ever sing in canon. A good example of one of these songs would be 'Raibaru' (The Rivals!) or 'OK!', Especially 'OK!', since she does use Ash's voice in several of the spoken lines.

you can also hear him sing in sinnoh when the croagunk festival was going on (I think) when he went to dancing you can hear him sing in the background (and did he suck)

although I'm probably thinking of barry's Pokemon Ondo

which did not suck

you can also hear him sing in sinnoh when the croagunk festival was going on (I think) when he went to dancing you can hear him sing in the background (and did he suck)

although I'm probably thinking of barry's Pokemon Ondo

which did not suck
Really? I might have to rewatch that episode; most likely in Japanese, since it's more of my canon than anything, though yes, I will watch it in English as well and give my honest opinion on it, though this may take me some time, to tell you the truth.

Watched it again, and the opening song was better. But like I said I did like the ending where the singer made the "bumumbum" sound or whatever. The major portion of the song may need some getting used to (or not listening to a third time, I think I'm fine with the song in general).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom