• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Soundtrack?

Which?

• Gen I - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gen II - Gold, Silver, Crystal

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Gen III - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Gen IV - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • FR/LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HG/SS

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Gen V - Black, White, ???

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Re: Favorite Generation in Regards to the Music?

Hoenn, followed by Kanto, then Johto, and least is Sinnoh...the trainers and gym leaders and E4 themes were dull but the Galactic themes and the batle against Barry was awesome though

Re: Favorite Generation in Regards to the Music?

Gen2.

The must in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was good, though I wasn't really keen on the much in LeafGreen/FireRed.

Re: Do you actually listen to the music?

I almost never listen to it. I play it muted and then turn on other music ._.;

Re: Do you like the games' music? Which Gen. is your favorite?

These two music threads seemed relatively similar, so it seems to make more sense having just 1 thread to discuss the BGM. It includes the poll from the more recent thread.

Kanto and Hoenn had great battle music! Along with HG/SS

Johto G/S/C and Sinnoh had great background music

I rather liked the music in Emerald Version, now that I listen to it again. The Champion Theme remix from LeafGreen was always awesome, and looking back, I can't decide which remixes of the Johto Musics are better. FRLG or HGSS? It's a tough decision for me.

I love the music in DPPt and HGSS. ♥

My favorites are:

Dialga/Palkia Battle
Frontier Brain Battle
Ho-Oh Battle
Eusine's Theme
Red/Lance Battle

Gen 3 music was the shit! Also, the frlg johto remixes were better then the HGSS ones (for me)

The particular pieces I like are:
RSE:
Normal Trainer Battle
Elite 4
Deoxys' Theme
Regi's Theme
Weather Trio's Theme
Frontier Brains' Theme

FRLG:
Champion Battle
Mewtwo Remix

DPPt:
Champion Battle
Galactic Grunt Battle
Lake Trio Battle

And EVERY FREAKING THEME from Colosseum. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I like HgSs Beuna's password. I play Monopoly to it. Route 47-48 is nice too. I like GB version of it too, despite not being in GSC.

everything that has the gb sounds. i mean in ss, everything sounds better with the gb sounds.

All the thems in Colosseum are awesome. But when you start out with that Willie guy's theme, you know the game is going to be awesome.

For some reason I like the Sinnoh music overall. Other than the bike music which is simply god awful. HG/SS was decent I liked the Legendary dog battle music. R/S/E wasn't my favorite.

Wows I forgot about Colloseum! If only you could hear Willy's theme a lot more often!

lols lengthy post is lengthy watch out.
I love them all. Yes, even the ear-breaking chiptune bad-quality music of RBY/GSC, to the lovely more better sounding music of DPPt/HGSS.

But Hoenn's music was definitely my favorite. From the cute tune of Route 101 to the hauntingly beautiful theme of the Sunken Ship to the epic clash of legendary battle music of Hoenn, it truly is the cream of the crop for me.

The Rival battle music is also the best for me, and I'm so sad that they didn't give this theme to Wally, too...

Since "Wild Pokemon Battle" is so prominent in the series, I'll go ahead and list the ones I love the most. D: Shinnoh's and Johto's "Wild Pokemon Battle" themes are my all-time favorites. Shinnoh became top favorite after I heard the theme in Brawl. Insanely epic. But Johto came up with a STRONG attack in HGSS, so I decided to let them tie. Both, in my opinion, are the best.

When I'm actually paying attention the game, absolutely.
When I'm playing it passively (training while I'm doing something else), I'll typically turn off the sound.
^This, thanks Chromas
Hoenn bike theme FTW!
Frequently I will catch myself humming the Pokemon Center theme...[/nerd]
Verdanturf Town. Just...Verdanturf Town. And Slateport City. (w00t!)
Route 111's pretty good, too. Oreburgh is peppy, but Snowpoint takes a while to get good, at first it's a little sparse and eerie. Love Sunyshore, Hearthome is spiffy, but Eterna's/Celestic's "Western" theme kinda' starts to annoy the crap out of me... :/ Oh, and FAILstone sounds sleazy as hell--yick! I always get on my bike when I've Flown there...

Last edited:

I'm a huge video game music nerd, and I love the music from the pokemon games. I'd have to say that my favorite is R/S/E, they feel the most epic to me. The champion battle theme from r/s never fails to make me want to battle. Other favorite themes are Violet City, Verdenturf Town, and the HG/SS champion battle.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom