• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

G/S remake petition thread BBG version. If you don't post, you don't care

If they made it for Wii, rather than adding all the regions, they could just make a full 3-D Johto and Kanto. Apart from the visual enhancements, cities and routes would be bigger and caves would have more obstacles so they would be harder (but still keeping the basic maps and layouts), but the main plot and thus the essence of the game is not altered. If you have an expansion that is bigger than the main game, as it is thay big you'll havce to ad did a story for it, so you're altering too much the plot of the original game (and the gameplay also goes too far; think of FR/LG: the Sevii Island were a sidequest are they're not too large to call them a region, so it's nice as an extra feature). If you add three more regions but no storyline for them, it's an empty and nonsense addition (thus it is boring), so it is a dead end. You can't alter a game that much for a remake, EVEN IF IT'S AN EXPANSION. I already told you: have these features (visitng all the regions) on a new game (be it since the begining or as an extra expansion) and it'll be big news. Add it to a remake of an existing game and you'll kill it. That's the point. Imagine a remake of Resident Evil 1 (the one in the mansion) and add it the Spanish village of RE4. That wouldn't be RE1 anymore.
If I had a remake for GS, of course I'd like new features thate xpand the game, but keeping the original spirit. Maybe adding new routes in Johto (if you look at the game map, there are a lot of empty areas that could be filled. You can add new dungeons there), maybe traveling again to Sevii (as they are now part of Kanto) or exp, that could work.
Anyways, this thread is not titled "What do you want for a GS remake", so I think we should stop arguing on this thing an get back to its origins. Cheers.

Would it be a hindrance if i sign myself for this petition?
I'd love to see a remake of G/S

People are getting really into this aren't they? Well may I ask people to put the link into your signatures. Also spread the petition throughout the internet. We are trying to have a G/S remake and however having all regions in one would be awesome it's not what we are aiming for.

People are getting really into this aren't they? Well may I ask people to put the link into your signatures. Also spread the petition throughout the internet. We are trying to have a G/S remake and however having all regions in one would be awesome it's not what we are aiming for.

That's what I was trying to say!! Thanks to simplify and clarify my point!!

I don't see the harm in signing up to show my support.

I would like to make it clear that it seems fairly obvious that Game Freak are developing their next DS titles. The only question is whether or not those titles will be labeled under the current generation. If they are, it is almost guranteed that they will be the long-desired remakes. There does, however, exist some possibility of the next generation being on the agenda for the DSi. But that possibility raises many problems - not least of which is the question why it is taking longer to announce the development of a new generation than it did in the past. More importantly, releasing a new generation for a system (the DSi) that is only slightly altered compared to the system of its predecessor, would significantly lower the potentital of said generation in terms of innovation.

Now, this petition cannot change a project that has already been put into motion. To a certain extent, signing the petition is equivalent to saying that the remakes will not be included in this generation, and hopefully the powers-that-be will change their minds in future generations. But that is not what I think, nor is it the reason for my signing. The remakes have been theorized since FireRed and LeafGreen were released - almost five years ago. Should the games be released next year, anyone who has supported the remakes for a significant period during the last five years, deserves to have that support documented in some form.

After all, never before in the franchise's history has there been an ongoing and constant discussion on theorized games for nearly this long.

Last edited:
Well... all right. I guess there's no harm in signing, although I believe remakes are on the way regardless.

Sign me up.

I do truly believe GSDS will be made. After all many of the new fans aquired in D/P don't even know what Johto is, I bet you. So to them, this game would almost be like a new generation. And also these games could finally make Celebi available for the 4th gen DS era. (It's only been available in the GBA era). A lack of Japanese Celebi events for DPP only seems to point in this direction. Imagine the G/S ball obtained via wifi. <3 (Like how member's pass and Oak's letter is/are being given through Wifi in Pt)

thanks for posting and I'll start putting more names on the list.

Now I want to talk business. On pokebeach someone has suggested a hierarchy or a chain of importance. It hasn't been established yet but I believe it should look like a tree. So people start chaining this to other sites. We have about 6 successful sites with over 10 names

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom