• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Games sold early?

I got an early copy at another BJ's. I had it for about 2 hours, but I had to do some things for my mom and go running. I'm so excited!

I'll take pictures after I get out the shower. I promise!

Did it come in the plastic box like the EU release, or did it come in the Japanese keep box?

Also, I'm going to lamestop to get it on Sunday. I'm not that hyped since I beat the JP version, and
didn't like it as much as Gen III/IV

Didn't seem to come to my dad's office today. Oh well. It will come tomorrow I guess. IT MUST COME TOMORROW! I WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO COME ANY LATER!

Looks like the other users box then.

Meh. They should have used the Japanese box style. With the outside and inside box.

Also, does it still have the "ONLY PLAYS ON AMERICAN DSi CONSOLES" warning on the back?

Yeah the packaging's a bit lame. But at least that's not the part that matters. The back of the box is a bit lame too, I ALWAYS read absolutely everything on the back of the box before I even begin to play the game, and it's really lame when there's a minimal amount of pictures and info and a the barcode and copyright/legal info takes up the whole box. I guess it's hard for that not to happen on a DS box though.

Wait, is this early release for the European version or is it for the US as well? O__o

Anyways, is this early shipment only for certain places or for others like GameStop as well?

...Tell me then.... Is GameStop one of those shipping out pre-orders now?

They might be, but it's 3 days early, so probably not. The early copies are for PAL regions, which get it early.

A wholesale store (BJ's)in the US was letting people buy it early. Some people got lucky and got it from Target too, I unfortunately was not one of them. Game Stop would never risk releasing it before street date and tarnish their rep as the "Number one game store", but you never know. I doubt they'd ship a preorder now however. My Dead Space 2 didn't ship until release day and I didn't get it till that Thursday. So the ship date for US Black and White is Monday (Sunday is not a business day), so I'd expect Wednesday or Thursday for those who got it online, depending on your shipping and all that.

No. Gamestop never sells games before the street date. Since they are a game specialty store they will be under a lot of scrutiny. You have to go to other low profile stores (such as BJ's) in order to have a chance at getting a copy.

I heard Target got their shipments, but have a system in place to prevent sales prior to the street date.

I got my pre-order directly from the actual store near where I live. In that case I'll have it on release day then on March 6th.

Edit: Ooooh. Guess I'll be waiting for Sunday after all then. :/

Well, my copy of White came today, ordered from GAME. I've yet to hear anything from Play.com about my copy of Black since it was dispatched, but I'm too busy playing White to care. >___>

It seems today is the day everyone is getting their copies. I don't feel so exclusive anymore.

Everybody except those who went to GameStop to get theirs that is. Since I can go directly to the store (Which is where I pre-ordered it from), I guess I get mine on release day of March 6th then.

I wonder why you guys in USA are getting it fore Europe, even though our release dye is before yours. Oh well, seems kinda unfair though. I just got an email saying mine had dispatched, so hopefully it comes tomorrow.

I wonder why you guys in USA are getting it fore Europe, even though our release dye is before yours. Oh well, seems kinda unfair though. I just got an email saying mine had dispatched, so hopefully it comes tomorrow.

People are getting copies early simply because some stores are putting them out early and selling them. Some people are getting their games now because they were shipped early, although that may just apply to people in Europe.

When it comes to games that aren't out, I never order online because I always fear I won't get it on release day.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom