• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V Disapointment

Mostly the problem is they developed HGSS and BW side-by-side. That would've been fine if it was all one team but it's quite obvious that a lot of the best features between the two games didn't carry over. The result is that HGSS feels very polished and BW just . . . doesn't.

I hate the small amount of rotation/triple battles in game. I love those! I also wish for a VS. Seeker return.

I hate the small amount of rotation/triple battles in game. I love those! I also wish for a VS. Seeker return.

THIS THIS THIS

What's the point of rotation battles,if there so few of them? And we can't even use the VS. Seeker to rebattle them!

I didn't like black and white much at all. The no evos and pre evos wasn't that bad, but the whole pokedex was pretty terrible this time around. I either disliked or hated about half the pokemon in it. And after I beat the Elite four, I felt very little need to keep playing. I played enough to explore the other half the region and then I stopped. Compared to the other 4 regions, espescially 1-3, this was terrible.

Team Plasma's goal was a lot more intricate than Team Galactic, Magma, and Aqua's goal of "BLAAARG! LET'S CAPTURE THE VERSION LEGENDARY AND RULE THE WORLD!!!11" (Team Rocket's plan was the same except for they removed the "LET'S CAPTURE THE VERSION LEGENDARY" part.) Team Plasma's goal was more like "BLAAARG! LET'S FREE PEOPLE'S POKEMON, MAKE N THE STRONGEST TRAINER, AND CAPTURE THE VERSION LEGENDARY JUST FOR LULZ!!!1!11one"

:lol: I don't know why, but I find the word "BLAAARG!" very amusing.

I can't say much about Gen. V though; I haven't played the games yet.

Last edited:
I'd say the plot was pretty good, Team Plasma's goal was a lot more intricate than Team Galactic, Magma, and Aqua's goal of "BLAAARG! LET'S CAPTURE THE VERSION LEGENDARY AND RULE THE WORLD!!!11" (Team Rocket's plan was the same except for they removed the "LET'S CAPTURE THE VERSION LEGENDARY" part.) Team Plasma's goal was more like "BLAAARG! LET'S FREE PEOPLE'S POKEMON, MAKE N THE STRONGEST TRAINER, AND CAPTURE THE VERSION LEGENDARY JUST FOR LULZ!!!1!11one" Plus there was also Ghetsis's plan, too.

Technically none of the teams you listed actually wanted to rule the world> Galactic comes pretty close to it but rather than dealing with the hassle of ruling this world Cyrus would rather erase it and create his own. :p And Team Aqua and Magma never expressed any desire to rule the world. They genuinely belived that their actions would benefit the world.

Also with all this talk about post game content, I have one question. What happens when you beat the post-game?

WHERE'S MY POST-POST-GAME CONTENT?

Technically none of the teams you listed actually wanted to rule the world> Galactic comes pretty close to it but rather than dealing with the hassle of ruling this world Cyrus would rather erase it and create his own. :p And Team Aqua and Magma never expressed any desire to rule the world. They genuinely belived that their actions would benefit the world.

Also with all this talk about post game content, I have one question. What happens when you beat the post-game?
Not a whole lot you can go to eastern Unova, catch some new guys, older generation pokemon appear.

WHERE'S MY POST-POST-GAME CONTENT?

Ok, so where's my post-post-post-game content.

See, it never stops. The way I look at it, there is just game content. No post game content. The only true post-game content is the multiplayer aspect.

I have to admit, I do not like the Gen V transfer mini-game. It's more annoying to me than anything else. I swear, most of my transfer Pokes just hide in the grass and laugh at me while I get irritated at them and my DS. Comparing it to the Gen IV Catching Show...no comparison. I enjoyed the Catching Show; it was actually fun. But this, not so much.

I have to admit, I do not like the Gen V transfer mini-game. It's more annoying to me than anything else. I swear, most of my transfer Pokes just hide in the grass and laugh at me while I get irritated at them and my DS. Comparing it to the Gen IV Catching Show...no comparison. I enjoyed the Catching Show; it was actually fun. But this, not so much.

That's odd, my feelings are almost exact opposite to that; I love the mini-game XD

I think Unova could've done with a little more post-game content. I mean, battle subway's cool & all but compared to the battle frontier? Less so. Still, I commend them for the originality.

Dive also needed more whoring out IMO. Totally over-hyped in the end :(

Eh, I hated both. Still don't understand why we must go through the effort of getting these Pokemon back when we already did that once.

The lack of Triple and Rotation battles was a bit wierd. They attempted to introduce it to us but didn't really give us many to work with.

The lack of the VS. Seeker was annoying too. Not the VS. Seeker specifically, but the lack of rematches available. Gym leader rematches would be nice, and no doubt they'll be available in the next version, but I just find that a bit lazy.

No Running Shoes button. Damnit! I like my Running Shoes button! /lazy man's ravings.

The postgame I found was a bit uninviting too, with the massive level jump. The search for the Seven Sages was a bit weak plot-wise, in my opinion.

Overall it was pretty good. The routes and towns contained more, but I just didn't get the same satisfaction when I completed it as I did with Heartgold or FireRed, or even Saphire in fact.

How fustrating wite forrest is. I think they kind of messed up with it because you have to have someone with black version and connect blah blah blah. I tried doing it and became fustrating because I had no idea what to do, eventually I got the idea but then it kept disconecting. In my opinion black city is better because they just can go there and fight trainers which is fun. They don't have to do anything to earn that privelage.

Black City and White Forest were two GIANT pains in the ass for me. I can't speed-run for shit so White Forest is basically little more than a pokémon center. and while I have Black, Black City ain't looking too hot either.

I mean, really, is it that hard to make it so that the "countdown" doesn't start until say, before you fight N?

I wish I could grow berries in game. After giving us that awesome Berry Pot item in HG/SS I thought that would move over to the next gen but it didn't because they want us to use the DW for berries. What about the people who don't have/know how to connect to wi fi? What will they do?

Even one small area where you can grow them would have satisfied me. And even though I have Wi-fi DW berries take longer to grow. So yeah it still sucks.

My only disappointment with Gen V happens to be missing out on the Liberty Pass event. Otherwise, I like 'em.

Berries. Man, I want to be able to encounter (and grow) all the old berries without The Dream World.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom