• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Malimar is a great name, way better than Karamanero (a name that means something very stupid in my mother language). I don't like Spritzee that much, though, for now Shushup sounds better to me. And yeah, the professor is really cool.

1. Chespin > Evolution
2. Swirlix (X)/Spritzee (Y)
3. Fletchling (X)/Scatterbug (Y) (if Spritzee gets Fly)
4. Helioptile
5. Noivern
6. Sylveon

Eventually will replace Talonflame for Charmander once Patrice gives it me.

Spritzee's diet is said to change its scent...reminds me of how Flamingo get their pink coloring from eating shrimp.

EDIT: Also Malamar (Malimar was better, this is the name of a chocolate candy!) is mentioned to be used by humans for evil often.

Still no English names with 10+ characters.. I'M STILL HOPEFUL.

Anyway, I like them.

The insider information is true!!! WTF

Also the rumours said that there will be a psychic cat pokemon - Espurr, Hope it's true!!

Poor Malamar and Inkay will have 4x weakness against Bugs...

Apparently, according to a friend, the weakness to bugs makes actual sense for Inkay and Malamar.

This is due to real life cephalopods being easily infected by parasites (Rhombozoa)

Poke-science ftw!

Also from a different friend
"spritzee? it sounds like german "Spritze", wich means syringe
which is in fact fitting because it seems to be a doctor-pkmn"

Xerneas' ability Fairy Aura keeps the same name as well as Yveltal's ability Dark Aura. The names of their respective moves have changed though, Geo Control is now called Geomancy and Death Wing is now called Oblivion Wing.

Also Malamar (Malimar was better, this is the name of a chocolate candy!) is mentioned to be used by humans for evil often.

Doesn't surprise me: 1. It's a Dark type (Evil type in Japan), 2. "Mal" means "evil" in Spanish (and probably otherLatin-descended languages).

So, Inkay and Sycamore's names were just like it was said. This only means one thing: There's a second new Metwo forme waiting for us!

Also Malamar; Mal = Malice, amar = Calamari thus we get Malamar.

I'm finding myself really liking Spritzee for some reason. It's not at all like the Pokemon that I usually like, but there's something about it that's just interested me. If it doesn't evolve into something with a cool design and type I'm going to be a little disappointed. The plague doctor theme it has can't be coincidental. It also seems really sinister, like it doesn't seem like the beak opens... so I imagine them to be silent and I don't know, it feels really creepy to me, even though it's a healer. Definitely one I'm looking forward to. Shame it's exclusive to Y, because I've ordered X and I don't like Swirlix. Hey! I guess I can get one from the updated GTS!

Swirlix still looks derpy and I don't care for it.

Inkay is adorable and Malamar is cool as hell. It's weird that Malamar focuses around hypnotism, but it's also neat at the same time because I didn't expect it. Before we got them, when they rumoured, I thought the squids would focus around inking or something like that. Surprised they didn't come with their own new ink move aswell tbh.

Also Xerneas is seeming way more interesting than Yveltal for me. It's a fairy deer that can use geomancy (a form of earth divination) and it represents life. Plus it has a really unique design and I've liked it since it was announced. Oh and it also throws the whole "fairies have to be cute, pink and fluffy" notion straight out of the window. Yveltal seems like the stereotypical destroyer - dark, red/black colours, laser beams... Yveltal is just not doing it for me.

Inkay is adorable and Malamar is cool as hell. It's weird that Malamar focuses around hypnotism, but it's also neat at the same time because I didn't expect it. Before we got them, when they rumoured, I thought the squids would focus around inking or something like that. Surprised they didn't come with their own new ink move aswell tbh.

Squids (and octopodes) are known for their mesmerizing color changing ability, cuttlefish moreso. Sometimes they may even have cool bio luminescent patches (and ink) as well.

I'd actually be shocked if they -didn't- do this.

A squid's ability to swim backwards or forewards, and even swim upside down may also why they are reversal pokemon.

I think maybe even, the look of Malamar is the look of when you reel up a squid(with a line,not a net), since the beak is in the mouth the tentacles are always on top, with it's fins on the bottom.

Last edited:

Inkay is so cute, especially in the new trailer.

I do agree that now the 3D models can really give a whole bunch more personality than just with the artwork. I definitely hope/think that Spritzee and Swirlix evolve, preferably twice then one or two more new fairy types then it's just retypes.

I can't help but love Swirlix. It's so fluffy and doofy, and the idea that it eats nothing but sweets and is sticky like candy is amusing. The others are really neat as well.

Pangoro is just amazing, though. A Pokemon who pretty much embodies the soul of a bancho, and is a troublemaker but has a strong heart and doesn't forgive those who pick on the weak.

Eagerly awaiting for Peropuff to evolve into a poodle because of the dog tail, paws and doggy tongue.

All of those, and their names, are AWESOME, specially Inkay and Malamar, I want them now!

REALLY wasn't expecting the Psychic angle with these two, it seems logical from a biological approach, but I never guessed GF would go for them.

Now to the only thing bothering me, Team Flare's goal is to make money... really, that's it? I know I shouldn't judge before the games, but they seem to lack ambition so far...

New Poll

New poll with all the recently revealed stuff!

Thanks, Zeb. Last time I voted for Chespin and I still like it a lot, but this time I decided to vote for Spritzee. I am really liking this little creepy. Other revealed Pokémon that I find myself appreciating are Inkay, Malamar, Skrelp, Honedge and Swirlix. Heliopite and Pangoro are nice too, but I doubt I will be using them in my first team.

Back
Top Bottom