• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are you concerned about dubbed Best Wishes?

What's with all the Piplup/Pochama hate jeez.

Jimmy Zoppi? What a weird name. Why do some people call that dude Billy Beach? If I were him I'd be tryin' to get a few more jobs to better expose myself cause for someone whose been VAin' that long that aint that many roles.

What's with all the Piplup/Pochama hate jeez.

Jimmy Zoppi? What a weird name. Why do some people call that dude Billy Beach? If I were him I'd be tryin' to get a few more jobs to better expose myself cause for someone whose been VAin' that long that aint that many roles.
He's got James Carter Cathcart to fall back on, too. :p

And I just hope Osha sounds remotely male, that's all I'm sayin'.

Not like Pochama-Chan's sounded anymore manly. Buizel's gotta a man's voice.

"Once we find our fiendish friend Flint, we'll bag another bountiful briefcase before bedtime!"

"Sublime!"

if that ever happens, then the whole forum would collaspe

We can at least bank on Flint not keeping his name.

"Once we find our fiendish friend Flint, we'll bag another bountiful briefcase before bedtime!"

"Sublime!"
The horrible thing is, I can imagine them saying that...

I'm not that concerned, Pokémon receives edits, so I know it isn't going to be the same. At least 4kids isn't dubbing it, they'd probably make Iris Spanish and Aloe White.

The only things I'd say, is for Team Rocket to stop speaking in rhyme. It just annoys me. Hell, they could replace the rhymes with riddles, to "add" to their mysterious vibe, and to still have something for the kids....if they have to.

As a lot of the BGM I can remember is just remixes of the game music, I'm sure they'll be allowed to keep some of it. It's just, will they?

I also hope they give Snivy a voice that captures its smugness, and Oshawott's doesn't sound like f---ing Piplup!

The little things like BGM replacement and random dialogue changes (and I don't just mean Team Rocket) do bug me, so I am somewhat concerned. I like pretty much all of Best Wishes!'s music, and I'm willing to give new Team Rocket a chance, so I hope the dub delivers.

And NO MORE WORDPLAY!

EDIT: Off-topic, but I have an idea. Remember how Musashi/Dogasu would always write up a summary of the episode for Japanese Best Wishes! episode review threads? What if we used those summaries for the English review threads, and just put in English names/terms as needed? I think it'd be a nice quirk to keep.

Last edited:

I'm not that concerned, Pokémon receives edits, so I know it isn't going to be the same. At least 4kids isn't dubbing it, they'd probably make Iris Spanish and Aloe White.

They're game characters- they'd have been fine.

As a lot of the BGM I can remember is just remixes of the game music, I'm sure they'll be allowed to keep some of it. It's just, will they?

That's the thing.

You know, them speaking in riddles would be pretty interesting....well, at least speaking it to them around the twerps. Hell, rhyming is fine if done just ONE instance an episode. Not after every other sentence, and certainly not them rhyming off of each other. I mean, that really is unnatural to always rhyme off of what your friend is saying like that....

To be honest, most of the BW TR music seems a bit unremarkable. There's only really two pieces that sound good...

I hope Juniper gets a sexy voice :O

I'm concerned about how they'll handle the name changes (though that isn't really up to PUSA but Nintendo). Praying Iris stays Iris (if they change that, I won't even know what to say)... unsure about Dento, though. Hell, my friend jokingly suggested he'd be renamed Danny, and now I can't see the dub doing anything but. Also, the Rockets. Please, please don't make them joke 24/7 like last time. That just doesn't work with their current situation.

There's also Mijumaru's dub voice. Oh god, do I dread that.

I'm concerned about how they'll handle the name changes (though that isn't really up to PUSA but Nintendo). Praying Iris stays Iris (if they change that, I won't even know what to say)... unsure about Dento, though. Hell, my friend jokingly suggested he'd be renamed Danny, and now I can't see the dub doing anything but. Also, the Rockets. Please, please don't make them joke 24/7 like last time. That just doesn't work with their current situation.

There's also Mijumaru's dub voice. Oh god, do I dread that.

You pretty much have the same fears I have. Specially the Rockets. I hope they handle their new serious attitude well.

I don't mind if Dent's dub name is Danny. *boyfriend's name* :p

Oshawott's dub voice though, yeah, I'm pretty nervous about that.

I may have screwed myself over for Osha since I do a voice similar to it's JP voice, except it says "osha" a lot. Now I can't think of anything else.

I am a bit concerned about the music as TPCI has been unremarkable with the music in Season 13, and I fear that starting with BW it will be all dub music, and if that happens I'll just watch it in Japanese.

I'd like to think that they'd use Best Wishes! as a starting point to just use Japanese BGM, but don't get your hopes up...

Im wondering about the voices for some of the characters. I just have a feeling that Iris will probably end up sounding really racist/stereotypical. Voice can capture the character, and I always find that some of the dub voices dont suit the character

o.o'' I'm concerned about the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom