• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 1 pokemon you've never had the urge to train.

Surprisingly enough, I've never actually trained an Abra, Machamp or the Nido family, Snorlax or Gyarados either until very very recently.

I've now considered to use Electrode, but I don't know...

But yeah, alot of the Pokémon that were only acquired very late into the game or were very hard to acquire (In-game trade Pokémon in particular) Just don't make it to people's teams.

Surprisingly enough, I've never actually trained an Abra, Machamp or the Nido family, Snorlax or Gyarados either until very very recently.

Funny, I thought I would be the only one who is fans from the start to train a Gyarados for the very first time as early as Gen 4.

Hmmm, Butterfree, Beedrill, Fearow, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Vileplume, Victreebel, Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, Dewgong, Cloyster, Onix, Jinx, Magmar, Electabuzz, Electrode, Exeggutor, Rhydon, Kabutops, Omastar, Dragonite, Hypno, Muk, Tangela, Kanghaskhan, Dodrio, Parasect, Golbat, I think that's it :L I could train them sometime if I play again LeafGreen.

Gosh there's so many Jynx haters... You don't know what you're missing. It's not a terrible Pokémon to use.

A TON:

Arbok, Weezing, Persian, Parasect, Electrode, Seaking, Tentacruel, Golem, Slobro, Fearow, Dodrio, Dugtrio, Muk, Venomoth, Beedrill, Magnemite family, Primape, Rapidash, Sandslash, Marowak, Dewgong, Cloyster, Raticate, Clefable, Lickitung family, Porygon family, Hypno, Mr. Mime, Omastar, Golduck and Kingler.

This seems more appropriate for the Older Games section of the Video Games forum. Moving accordingly.

te dratini line and the squirtle line. Never really used them.

aaaaand

wow, alot of people are saying they didnt use the early pokemon, while pidgey,rattata, and caterpie al;ways wind up on my team

Generally most of them. The number of Pokemon I've trained are fairly limited, and I didn't have too many playthroughs of the first generation and second generation games, since I disliked restarting my files.

Diglett, Dugtrio, Meowth, Persian, Mankey, Primeape, Ponyta, Rapidash, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo and Mew.

Rattata. I've never had a Fighting type pokemon trained by me in my entire life. Same for Ground and Rock. Only recently have I decided to train a Diglett.

Quite a few for me. D: Diglet/Dugtrio, Shellder/Cloyster, Seel/Dewgong, Krabby/Kingler, Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebell, Mankey/Primape, Jynx, Tauros, Dragonite, Tentacool/Tentacruel, Cubone/Marowak, and Slowpoke/Slowbro.

Many of those Pokemon are quite unoriginal to me, Victreebell is not as good as Vileplume, Dragonite is hideous, Mankey and Primape are creepy, and Diglet/Dugtrio always annoyed me. D:

Usually i dont bother with fighting/rock types, and pokemon that can only be caught relatively late game rarely make the cut either, just cuz i have my main squad by then

D: spearow D:
pidgey is better :D plus gen 1 had the legandry birds :D
spearwo is only good to get a farfetch'd to complete your dex XD

Lickilicky. Its cute, but its not a good team player.
Lickitung, you mean?

D: spearow D:
pidgey is better :D

Fearow is worth it in the end.
  • It's got a better movepool.
  • It has better stats.
------------------
I've got to say...the majority of 1st gen pokémon, especially bellsprout, although I was tempted to use it on SoulSilver.
As well as Ekans and Grimer.

Isnt it obvious??!?!?

It is obviously Dratini.

You start off thinking 'Yrah Im gonna get me some Dragonite, bitch!!'
And then when you reach level 40 or so you think 'God!!! Im so bored!!!!!'

Beedrill
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Sandslash
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Parasect
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Persian
Machamp
Tentacruel
Slowbro (I have used Slowking though)
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Cloyster
Gengar
Onix
Kingler
Electrode
Weezing
Chansey
Seaking
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Pinsir
Tauros
Ditto
Omastar
Moltres

(Final stages [as of Gen I] listed only)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom