• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for it to be real but. . . .yeah obvious fake. I do enjoy reading these "leaks" though. It's fun when things start to amp up closer to an announcement/after announcement. I personally feel like the games are going to be announced Fall/Winter though.

Another 4chan leaker came out... -_- Apparently tomorrow we're getting a game announced. It's not Z, X2, Y2, XZ or YZ. Takes place in Southern Kalos with a new Prof. and new PC's.

28 new Pokémon. Flubber is one of them. It's Ground-type.

No new starters. New legendary trio. 50 new Mega's, mostly from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, with some Kalos (but none of the 28 new Pokémon). Flowers will be reflected in many of the Mega's, so maybe Grass-type Mega's?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xvl2K7R3E

I don't buy this for a second, but hopefully it's true. It'd be cool if it was.

Well, I don't see what that would-be leaker could possibly gain from spewing lies, and a "Gen 6.5" or Gen VII arranged like this would be refreshing. I'll be very pleased if this turns out to be true.

What I don't get though is if it's fake, why put a deadline on it? What good does it do the guy to only garner attention for a day only to find out he was lying at that point instead of riding it out as long as people can pay attention to it?

Another 4chan leaker came out... -_- Apparently tomorrow we're getting a game announced. It's not Z, X2, Y2, XZ or YZ. Takes place in Southern Kalos with a new Prof. and new PC's.

28 new Pokémon. Flubber is one of them. It's Ground-type.

No new starters. New legendary trio. 50 new Mega's, mostly from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, with some Kalos (but none of the 28 new Pokémon). Flowers will be reflected in many of the Mega's, so maybe Grass-type Mega's?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xvl2K7R3E

I don't buy this for a second, but hopefully it's true. It'd be cool if it was.

Well, I don't see what that would-be leaker could possibly gain from spewing lies, and a "Gen 6.5" or Gen VII arranged like this would be refreshing. I'll be very pleased if this turns out to be true.

They gain nothing from spewing lies except attention. And by some tragedy, this post has actually gotten a somewhat more positive reception than past posts of the same nature. So if nothing comes out overnight or tomorrow, then this person will be rightfully scalped.

I rather rely on news that appears on Serebii than 4chan in my opinion. Serebii provides legit information and doesn't mislead people. I think nothing would happen tomorrow and we have to continue to wait for corocoro to start leaking.

>"Blobby is ground type and can evolve"
After the teaser for mega evolution act IV clearly showed them merging together into Zygarde
Lol and people still believe this guy just keep your desperation to yourselves and just wait till Corocoro leaks for new info.

>"Blobby is ground type and can evolve"
After the teaser for mega evolution act IV clearly showed them merging together into Zygarde
Lol and people still believe this guy just keep your desperation to yourselves and just wait till Corocoro leaks for new info.

Um.. when did it clearly show this? I don't remember it being clearly shown at all.

What I don't get though is if it's fake, why put a deadline on it? What good does it do the guy to only garner attention for a day only to find out he was lying at that point instead of riding it out as long as people can pay attention to it?

Agreed. Not saying that post is true but it IS weird the person would give himself such a short deadline to be proven wrong. 24 hours is hardly enough time for him to get as much attention as these fakers usually want to get. It also limits the attention they'd get even in the span of this 1 day since I bet many people choose to just not reply and patiently wait for the day to pass.
Of course, that still says nothing about how legit or false that post is.
I still mostly doubt it, but I do think his timing is correct and that we will truly get an official video very soon prior to CoroCoro.

I rather rely on news that appears on Serebii than 4chan in my opinion. Serebii provides legit information and doesn't mislead people. I think nothing would happen tomorrow and we have to continue to wait for corocoro to start leaking.

People put too much faith in Serebii/Bulbapedia. While most of the news reports are usually true, I'd like to do what I always do and remind you all that fan sites are just that, fan sites, and they always get things wrong sometimes.
Remember back in the DP era when Serebii "revealed" Shellos as Lapras' pre-evo? yeah...
(nothing against Serebii, I check his site daily and have been doing so for years, but just saying "Serebii/Bulba said it so it's true" and "other source said it so it's wrong" is NOT always how it is)

I certainly enjoyed reading all the above posts, taking apart the leak ect.

It's not even a bad thing if this is fake or not imo, I'm just glad we can all stick together and see certain realities in fake posts lol. This is the time I love most, crazy speculative, nothing-has-been-announced-officially-yet season of waiting and waiting haha. Even if fake, it makes me more stoked for the Coro Coro leaks this week. 28 new Pokémon would be a great idea, as long as it's broadened and not busting with fire types lol (XY was a tough playthrough at first for me, cause I had like 6/7 fire types to choose from, from the beginning for my team lol.

Well I think they're going to miss that 24 hour deadline at this point. If there was a game announcement happening today, it'd usually have happened by this point in the day.

I'm gonna give it a few more hours, but yeah... maybe I got myself too excited for nothing lol... still would expect them to try announcing whatever CoroCoro will do before CoroCoro leaks so if not today, maybe tomorrow?

There's still time until the deadline though. The 24 hours is a bit fishy... Same goes for the tone, but the only thing that throws me off is the 50 Mega Evolutions, the 28 new Pokemon isn't that farfetched.

I don't buy that rumor for a second. It's obviously fake.

There's still time until the deadline though.

Maybe, but it just got a hell of a lot less likely now. It's 9:00pm in Japan right now and the 24 hour mark is around 7:00am, so the rest of that 24 hour window is when they'll be asleep. If there was a game announcement happening today it'd have been a few hours ago.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did announce a new game in the next few days before CoroCoro, but the leak is probably fake.

So, still nothing as of yet. Let me guess... "Wahaha laugh evilly, I fooled you all, this was a social experiment, it was me all along Barry, yadda yadda"?

Yeah. Same old, same old from 4chan.

Even if that post was fake as we all suspected, I still insist we'll hear something. They know CoroCoro will inevitably leak. I can't think of specific examples, but I remember CoroCoro promising info and then TPCI releasing youtube videos spilling the news before CoroCoro leaked. They seem to be at least trying to fight the leaks issue, so even if it's just info on the blob and the movie trailer's shadowy figure, without any game announcements, I'd expect them to do it.

Also, the only reason they'd announce the game now is if they intended to release it in February for the 20th anniversary. Would they really choose this option though over releasing it in June to tie in with the movie as they did with BW2?
Basically if it's February release we should hear the news very soon whether through a video or CoroCoro... but if it's June release, they might wait a bit longer before they announce the game...

'Scumbag' is a little strong, isn't it?

I always take these info dump 'leaks' as a joke that everyone's in on; no harm intended, and everyone has fun passing the time discussing them until we get something real. Quite frankly if anyone's daft enough to believe something just because some random dude they never met tells them his dad/girlfriend/parole officer works at Nintendo and has the scoop, the laugh's on them.

I only tend to feel awkward about leaks when people start manufacturing super-convincing ones such as the fake Coro Coro scans showing new Pokemon, complete with Japanese text. Then it feels elaborate and unkind, like it's going too far. One is fun and silly and no-one takes it seriously. The other is deliberately and carefully fabricated to make people believe only to take pleasure in their disappointment later. That's not really funny at all.

I don't really pretend to understand this guy's intent, but we don't have to start throwing around insults ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom