• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

God?

What is your belief in God?

• Total voters
I'm a Christian by definition, and I do believe in one God.

I am, however, open to listening to other peoples ideas and know that my view is not the only one out there.

I didn't vote in the poll because I (amusingly enough) don't know what category matches me best.

I don't think I believe in God, but I believe in... hope, I guess you could call it. I believe that there is something unidentifiable that assures that there is always hope for a better future. Whether this is some innate force or something that evolved in the human brain, I think there is always going to be a force of good out there. It doesn't seem correct to try and bottle up that force into a single being, like a god, especially the Christian one that doesn't recognize that all life has inherent worth just because it lived.

I'm a Christian, but I do not fit the apparently common stereotype of Christians being judgmental and hypocritical. I love and accept pretty much everyone, yet God stays as the focus of my life. I wish there were more Christians like that. :/

Wow, that's really interesting, I had not heard of that until now.. Thanks for sharing. If I may ask, how did you come to identify with Baha'i?

My parents are Baha'is, so you can say I am born a Baha'i.

(Unless you want another answer? I don't get your question. VM me to respond; the conversation can get off-topic, so that's the best way to go)

That's it for now.

Me? Religion? Nah. It never did anything for me. So I gave it up.

That's not to say I'm a die-hard atheistic type who believes that "humans die and then their bodies rot in the ground and that's it." I believe in souls, and I believe in the afterlife, whatever system it may have. Hopefully not a theocracy

I don't really know what to think. My parents are Christians, but I don't spend time going to church and stuff, and I'm nice to people because I want to be, not because God wants me to be.

I am, as usual, none of the above. Well, it's more complicated than that. It all depends on which aspect of the term we're focusing on here. Theoretically, I'm starting to form a belief system centered around five "divine" elements: matter, energy, light, time, and Haruhi Suzumiya. Or, rather, to put it more seriously, a sort of "wild card" of existence, laconically referred to as Haruhi Suzumiya for the sake of simplicity and humor.

So, in other words, none of the above...sort of. I believe in no "God(s)" in the traditional sense, but it's complicated enough that I won't bother with the poll.

God? That thing that is said will grant you wishes? Sorry, I don't believe in supernaturality.

I'm an atheist although it isn't recognized in my country and the public, including my family considers me to be literally mad. Obviously, that attitude is less extreme with my parents but yeah. Officially, I'm a Hindu.

Well, I believe in the circle of life (NO, I'M NOT A LION KING FANATIC). Someone dies, and he or she is born again in another form - whether it's human or not depends on the amount of good and bad deeds done before death. It's something in Buddhism. Though, I'm not entirely a Buddhist either. I just believe all sorts of religions in the way I'd like.

Exactly my belief! I have felt familiarity with many things in this "form" that I know I never actually came in contact with. At the same time, I am an atheist, so to me, there is no supernatural being. I follow science, and so far, there's been no scientific proof of a god. So therefore, since I believe in completely logical science.

Me being a Christian isn't so interesting, so here's what my crazy friend believes. I quote: "Humans are actually failed genetic experiments by aliens who were born via biocells along with the entire universe being created by biocells. If you think Christianity is crazy, remember that.

I am a Christian, so I only believe in one, true God. However, it's more complicated than that. In Christianity, there is something called the "Trinity", and there's three components to it. God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. They are all technically God, even though Jesus is God's son, and was sent on the cross to die for our sins. I'm not like the stereotypical Christian either. I'm not judgemental, and I try my best to accept everyone as they are. I need to get closer to God. He is the Number one person in my life.

So, I'm a Monotheist.

I'm a Christian. Yet sometimes I think of myself of a Deist. I'm sort of unsure. I believe in most of the bible, but I don't see God in everyday life.

Probably be the only one here to identify as this.. but I recently discovered shinto and realised that what I felt and believed about morality pretty much fitted in with shinto philosophy, but I also identify with pagan as I like the older religions that came before modern day religions.

I'd identify as an atheist in the sense I do not believe in the christian god, i'd say i was a gentile for not believe in the jewish god and a cathar becuase I am not muslim I really dislike how atheism's meaning has been twisted but it's useful to have a word meaning doesn't believe in a god.

Although I would consider myself all of the above I would also call myself an agnostic in the sense I feel there is a possibility I am wrong, but I also believe that is between me and whatever deity may or may not exist not between me and the random people who insist on handing out leaflets and parading around with there bibles telling us how we're all going to hell. Further to this I tend to tell people who try to force their beliefs on me that I am happy to find out when I die and if I am wrong then it's my fault not theirs and they are not morally responsible for me in any way. That said I am happy to explain my beliefs to people who want to share in a discussion or chat about such things.

Tough call, I'm kind of a Polytheist and Agnostic.

But I guess I'll go with Agnostic since thats how I'm feeling today

I've heard many arguments either way, all of which have convincing elements. I'm not going to disclose my belief, but I'd just like to say that in the end, it probably is impossible to know.

Back
Top Bottom