• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess the Google Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
been going to butlins for years great fun though the pics out of date as a couple of the buildings have been demlished now and replaced however it is not where i went on holiday on this occasion i wont say the name of the location as it is quite an important natural area and i may post it if i can get this one correct
anyways im thinking that pic looks like somewhere in the states maybe seattle?

Last edited:
St. Louis, perhaps? It's the only downtown I can think of with a river running through it, especially one that big...

maybe the convention centre where E3 always used to be held forget the exact name and im not sure if its near water

Changing and saying Detroit, MI here is a screenshot I took of google maps to state why it is Detroit:

yeah image looks messed up here, click on it and it will display fine

Also Also the building is the Renaissance Center:

rencenter.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all great guesses, but only Shinx got it right. Go for it Shinx.
I picked the map since GM was failing, I thought it would be nice to pick up on that now even though I think Detroit may have already been done, but that was long ago.

..it is not where i went on holiday on this occasion i wont say the name of the location as it is quite an important natural area and i may post it if i can get this one correct
Then it looks like I'll be waiting on that one.
Sounds like an interesting place. I can't wait.

seeing as shinx appears to have gone AWOL i hope no one will have any objection to me posting another map before this thread dies
the continent is europe
name the natural landmark that is very heavil protected
sorry no scale thing but i couldnt get a decent enough angle in maps to show enough of it so used google earth

clue will be the large town near the coast get the name of the town and you will no the name of the natural feature landmark

Guess the Place ( New guess the google map)

Lets try this one more time
this used to be a really popular game on here not too long ago so lets try it one more time
And i think that the games forum hasnt got enough proper games
(you know where you need to think and need to look things up a bit)
The premise is simple
Person A posts an aerial image of a location
others try and guess the location
person who guesses it right posts the next map and play continues
1 point for each correct answer

your first map is

Well it is a city
and thats the only clue im giving

Re: Guess the Place ( New guess the google map)

It looks like somewhere in England, I recognize the junctions. It's not dense enough to be in London. I'll have to do some more searching later.

We can swing with this, though I'd rather stay dedicated to the old 'Guess the google map.'

I'll merge this there but we can continue with your map ashita.

And I'll try to update the Clubs list in the coming week so everything will be easier to find.
(- is on spring break now ;D )

Edit: Got it, it's Leeds, England

leeds.png

Last edited:
OK, I guess with no confirmation I'll go ahead and post the next map. [Ashita, I was waiting to see if you had anything else to say about the location, but if not, that's all good :p]

I'm going local. If you know my home state, this should be easy. (continent, North America)
I'm also dropping the hint that this city originated the headquarters of a major game developing firm of the same name. [They've since moved up the corridor to another locale]
bmap.png

I'm hoping an easier one will invigorate life back into this thread.

OK, I guess with no confirmation I'll go ahead and post the next map. [Ashita, I was waiting to see if you had anything else to say about the location, but if not, that's all good :p]

I'm going local. If you know my home state, this should be easy. (continent, North America)
I'm also dropping the hint that this city originated the headquarters of a major game developing firm of the same name. [They've since moved up the corridor to another locale]
bmap.png

I'm hoping an easier one will invigorate life back into this thread.

sorry for not confirming sooner Rayne i have been unwell the last week or so
Leeds is the correct answer
And the other map i posted in the last thread before that was the Norfolk Broads near Great Yarmouth
Rayne your map looks like somewhere near California so im guessing the developer might be Electronic Arts

I'm sorry to interrupt this valiant attempt at reviving the old thread, but this game has been specifically selected and targeted for a hostile Real World Takeover :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom